The twenty-fourth edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. Google officially launched the beta of Pay Per Action ads, so we had a fifteen minute discussion on that topic to lead off. Then we discussed the new anchor text reports from Google. Followed by a Microsoft Live.com Search update. Then we discussed site SEO factors versus page SEO factors. We talked about Yahoo! Search results missing the directory links, Google anonymizing data, Google testing a new user interface and much more. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Google Affiliate Management: Pay Per Action Ads
- Google's New Text Link Ad Unit
- Adsense to be Completely Replaced by Pay-Per-Action?
- First Screen Shots Of Google Pay Per Action In Action
- Google Webmaster Central Showing Back Link Anchor Text
- Google Anchor Text Reports Updated Monthly & Not Finalized
- Possible Microsoft Live Search March Update?
- Google Showing More Weight Towards Site Factors as Opposed to Page Factors
- Yahoo! Removes Category (Directory) Links From Under Search Results
- Google To Take Steps To Anonymize Search Data After 18-24 Months
- Google Testing New Alternative Search Navigation Links
- 75% of Google's Blogspot Blogs are Spam
- Yahoo! & Microsoft Release Papers on Web Spam
- Does "Set It & Forget It" Still Work In The PPC Game?
- Google Testing Yellow AdWords Background
- Does Your Business School Have a High PageRank?
- Should New Sites Be Wary of Directories
- 302 Redirects?
- Yahoo Promotes Lawyer to "Click Fraud Czar"
- Viacom Sues Google's YouTube For $1 Billion
- Viacom Sued for Video Removal on YouTube
- Google Wins in Kinderstart Lawsuit
- Humor University, Korean Site, Sues Google over AdSense Ban
- Paying to Speak at Search Conferences
- How To Remove The StopBadware.org & Google.com Malware Notification?
- Google Blog Search Ranking Patent Application
- Yahoo! Search Submit Pro Gives You Yahoo! Quick Links
- Microsoft Live Search Link Command Operator Offline
- Add a Theme to Your Personalized Google Home Page
- Google Click To Play Video Ads Added To Some AdWords Advertisers Accounts
- Invites Being Sent Out To Google AdWords To Test CPC Site Targeting
- Google Tests Automatic But Personalized AdWords Optimization Tips
- Google Test Google Logo on AdSense at Top Left
- Google Testing AdSense Horizontal Images?
- Google Tests New AdSense Logo Format Once Again
- AdSense Adds Google Checkout Referral Button
- Can A Premium Google AdSense Publisher Get Banned?
- Beware of Google Checkout Phishing Attempts or Not?
- Tracking Your Google Adsense Checks
- a Google Maps Mashup
- Search Engine Strategies 2007 Munich
- Roundtable Coverage Schedule of the Search Engine Strategies New York 2007 Show
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
We may or may not have a show next week. Either way, I (Barry Schwartz) will not be on the show.
Past Shows: - March 13, 2007: Twentieth Third Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google & Yahoo Link Updates, Searching Searches, Keyword Volume at AdWords, Getting a Job at Google, 404 Pages & More - March 6, 2007: Twentieth Second Edition of the Search Pulse Live: AdWords, Yahoo Directory Tag, Google Update, Ask.com Update, PPC Legal Issues, Microsoft adCenter & More - February 27, 2007: Twentieth First Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Design, Google Update, Patent Apps, AdWords Algorithm, Yahoo! Search, Microsoft adCenter, SEO Training & More - February 27, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Valentines, AdWords Score, SEO Galore, AJAX, Anchor Text, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google, & More - February 13, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Rand Proposes, Google Sitelinks Update, Search Algorithms, StumbleUpon, SEO, PageRank, Yahoo, Keyword Tools & More - February 6, 2007: Eighteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Tool & Fox, Personalized Google, Yahoo Panama Live, PageRank, Site Explorer, Local, Poor SEO & More - January 30, 2007: Seventeenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Googlebombs, Yahoo Titles, YouTube Rev Share, Panama Monday, SEO, AdSense, PageRank, Groups & More - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More