The tenth edition of the Search Pulse has now been archived. This is the first week in a while where we only had one weeks worth of topics. Makes it much easier to manage, and more relaxing. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Program note: Next week's show will be at 7PM (EST), live from SES Chicago. So if you are in Chicago, we will be live at the WebmasterRadio.FM booth in the exhibit hall at 6PM (Chicago time).
Contest Winner Announced: More details here.
Topics we covered:
- Contest Winner TBA on Search Pulse #10 on 11/28
- Happy Thanksgiving From The Search World
- Chicago 2006 Conference Schedule Posted
- SES Chicago 2006 Quad Coverage Schedule
- Microsoft Live.com MSN Search Turkey Day Update
- AdWordsAdvisor Denies Google Uses Conversion Tracking & Analytics To Determine Minimum Bids
- Danny Sullivan & Crew Moves From SE Watch to SE Land
- Moving From Old To New Domains: What To Expect In Terms Of Google Traffic
- Google Webmaster Sitemaps Tool Back With Old Data?
- More Google Map Quick Links in Search Results
- Google Recommends Using Meta Description Tag
- Google Spam Filters Not Working As Planned?
- Google AdSense Gift 2006: Digital Photo Frame
- Photo of Google AdSense Gift Digital Picture Frame
- Google & Belgium: Google Goes to Court Over News Inclusion
- A Look at Sitemaps for Google News
- Google's EWOQ Search Referral String
- Yahoo! Deals With Newspapers
- MSNdude Is Alive & Well!
- Microsoft bCenteral Closes To New Registrations
- GOOG (Google) Passes Landmark $500 Mark
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Tune in next week, Tuesday at 7pm (EST) for a live show from SES Chicago or meet us at the booth at SES Chicago at 6PM!
Past Shows: - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More