The eighteenth edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. In this edition we had a special guest on, Vanessa Fox of the Google Webmaster Central team, to discuss the new Google link tool available within the Sitemaps tool. In addition, we talked about Google Personalized search and what SEOs should know. We discussed the Panama rankings score release, PageRank and SEO, Site Explorer features, Google local results and signals of poor SEO sites. Plus many more fun topics with Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft Live Search and some SEO tips. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Note: Much of the Vanessa Fox interview was lost due to a technical issue with the recording machine. But we were able to preserve some of it, including Chris Boggs asking a question.
Topics We Covered:
- Google Webmaster Central Adds Link Analysis Tool (Vanessa Fox Guest)
- Your Google Search Results Are Personalized
- Yahoo! Search Marketing Now Ranked by Quality Score: Welcome Panama
- Why Do Some SEOs Want Toolbar PageRank To Go Away?
- Forum Members Vote If Google PageRank Score Is "Overhyped"
- Yahoo! Site Explorer Adds New Features: Change Your Yahoo! Password
- Google Local Results in Google.com Get Larger & Opinionated
- 25 Signals of Poor Quality Sites
- Competing Against Google in the Google.com Search Results
- New Free Yahoo! Keyword Tool Coming; Overture Keyword Tool Suffering; & Other Tools
- Overture Keyword Selection Tool Back Online
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Seems To Be Showing Completely Unique Ads
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Now Limits Three Ads Per Page
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets in Gmail Supports Microsoft Word & Excel
- Google AdSense Paying Out $5 Per AdSense & AdWords Referral
- Yahoo! Still Working on No Yahoo Directory Title Tag
- GOOG - Google's Stock Price Drops as Earnings Rise
- Which Has More SEO Value: An Image File Name or ALT Attribute?
- MSN Live Penalizing Heavily for Back-Linking
- Microsoft Search: Live.com Now 2+ Years - How They Doing?
- Google Finance Down Now
- Google AdWords Analytics Down Friday
- Google News Goes Black Yesterday
- Possible Google AdSense Outage?
- Declined Credit Card Notice Won't Affect Quality Score in Google AdWords
- Search Engine Industry Blogger, Jennifer Laycock, Ordered to Remove Her Shirt
- AdSense Publishers Receive $916 Million From Google in 2006
- Google Loses To Yahoo! In Time Spent Online
- Setting Up a Blog - Some Things You Should Know From an SEO Perspective
- Google's Froogle (Google Base Uploads) To Require Specific Fields
Again, a big thank you to Vanessa Fox of the Google Webmaster Central team for coming on to share some more thoughts on the excellent tool!
See you next week for the 18th edition!
Past Shows: - January 30, 2007: Seventeenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Googlebombs, Yahoo Titles, YouTube Rev Share, Panama Monday, SEO, AdSense, PageRank, Groups & More - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More