The fourteenth edition of the Search Pulse has now been archived. We were able to discuss in detail about half of the topics I wanted. This week, we talked about the holiday season and the new year. We argued about a possible Google update. We also debated on the blog tip Google is offering. We looked at social links and gave some tips with that. Overall, we had some pretty good discussions that may be of use to you in the 2007 year. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- Happy 2007 New Year From The Search Engine Industry
- 2006 Holiday Season Search Logos
- Open To Suggestions: Things To Improve, Change or Remove in 2007
- Yahoo!'s Holiday Gifts for 2006
- WebmasterWorld Threads of 2006
- Google Data Refresh - Rankings Fluctuations Before Christmas
- Google's Data Refresh; Any Patterns or Commonalities?
- Blog Like Searches Bring Up Special One Box Result For Google's Blogger
- When Will Google Begin Devaluing Social Links; Such As Digg.com, Yahoo! Answers & del.icio.us?
- Paid Blog Reviews: ReviewMe & PayPerPost
- Do Larger Web Sites Require More Links Than Smaller Sites To Rank Well?
- If You Don't Have a Duplicate Content Problem; Don't Fix It
- Ask X Allows Users To Interact More With Search Results
- Screen Shot Of Quality Score Metric in AdWords Console
- Fighting Search Spam With PhraseRank: The Latest Google Patent Buzz
- Wikiasari, Community Search Engine; New Search Engine by Wikipedia Founder
- Losing Trust in Google's Webmaster Central?
- Google Calculator Breaks On New Years
- Google AdSense Competitive Ad Filter Not Working?
- Google's AdSense Team Fixes Ad Filter Bug
- Publishers Noticing Yahoo!'s New Compliance Manager At Work
- Top Factors in PPC & AdWords That Determine Your Click Through Rate in Google
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion In Yahoo!'s New Panama PPC Engine
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion in Your URLs With Google AdWords
- Panama Edit Bulk Keyword Page Needs A Yahoo! Touch Up
- Google May Add Referrer Data To Web Crawl Error Reports
- How Does Google Crawl Pages & Index Them?
- Google Changes AdSense Feedback & Violation Form
- Need Content Removed From Google Quickly? Expedited Google Content Removal
- Google AdWords Updates Quality Scores At Least Monthly
- Google & Search Engines Do Not Mind Bad HTML When Crawling
- Encouraging Clicks of AdSense Referral Products is Allowed
- Open Directory Project (DMOZ) Coming Back From the Dead?
- Making Bidding Mistakes at Google AdWords ($0.10 Vs. $10.00)
- Sharing Some 2006 Stats From Search Engine Roundtable
- PPC Managers Laugh Off Google's Traffic Estimator
- Google Drops Ads Automator for New AdWords Campaigns
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Next week we will not be having a show.
Past Shows: - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More