The ninth edition of the Search Pulse has now been archived. Last week was WebmasterWorld's PubCon, so not only did we talk about the major events at the conference, but also discusses the past two weeks of search buzz. One of the big topics we focused on throughout the show was search engine to search marketer communication. So tune in to hear some of the good and bad on that topic. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Topics we covered:
- WebmasterWorld PubCon Vegas 2006 Recap
- Yahoo! Rents Out Hugh Hefner's Sky Villa in Palms Hotel
- Suspicious Pictures From Hugh Hefner's Vegas Suit in Palms Hotel
- Search Engine Roundtable & RustyBrick Contest
- Summary Of Recent Posts on Google's AdWords Quality Score Upgrade
- Limited Google.com Result Changes Taking Place?
- Google, Microsoft & Yahoo! Back SiteMaps Protocol
- Submitting a Google Sitemaps Does Not Guarantee Indexing
- Microsoft Banning Sites from Live.com For Link Exchanges
- Confusion Over Google's Supplemental Index
- Does Registering A Domain Name for 10 Years Help Search Ranking?
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Adds "Compliance Manager"
- Am I Banned From Google or Other Search Engines?
- A Method To Delist Your Competitor From MSN Search's Live.com?
Lightening round topics;
- Google Displaying Really Long Snippets?
- Should Search Engine Optimizers Request Site Credit Links?
- Google Tests AdWords "Account Snapshot" Beta
- Yahoo! Creates Buzz Over Rumors of Cutbacks & "Peanut Butter"
- Yahoo Answers Integrated Into Search Results
- Summary Of Recent Posts on Yahoo!'s Panama System
- Can Google Diagnose Illness Better Than Doctors?
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Execs Leave
- Cloaking in Google Should be Acceptable for Religious Purposes
- Gmail Adds New Features
- Did MSNdude Get Fired?
- Google AdWords Login Issues Still An Issue?
- Yahoo! Search Marketing 2.0 Limits To 20 Campaigns Per Account
- Yahoo! To Test Graphical Mobile Ads This Week
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Tune in next week, Tuesday at 5pm (EST) for the tenth show!
Past Shows: - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More