RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #5028602385 at 08/13/2020 02:12 am:

Sangeeta Mittal commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

Yes, Mits.

Comment ID #5028598928 at 08/13/2020 02:05 am:

Bill Lambert commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

The higher ups are now considering a ban on cats in the homeoffice. euthanasia will be paid for.

Comment ID #5028574464 at 08/13/2020 01:18 am:

Magpie Books commented on Google Says An Indexing System Failure Caused The Search Results Glitch

Got it, last 2 days i am trying to index my new page but not indexing.

Comment ID #5028567775 at 08/13/2020 01:06 am:

Bobby commented on Google Testing People Also Ask On Right Side Bar

I like it. Much better than blank white space doing nothing. Do something to get traffic to more than the top 5 results.

Comment ID #5028536189 at 08/13/2020 12:11 am:

Mits commented on Google Says An Indexing System Failure Caused The Search Results Glitch

Yup, We still are out ....ranking at Page 1 for many Keywords , now pushed to page 7 - 8 and not yet recovered. If that was glitch and has been fixed then our rankings should have been restored by now. So its not even close to be normal as they painting a rosy picture now. Site : https://www.24reel.com

Comment ID #5028419409 at 08/12/2020 09:41 pm:

Bobby commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

Life's pretty short man. You sure you haven't got better things to do? You're either from a weak economy or you're job is to gaslight attention away from the real Bill. Accounts like this should be blocked in my opinion. Trying to mock someone else is not within the spirit of comments.

Comment ID #5028323945 at 08/12/2020 08:03 pm:

LOL that makes no sense at all. Sounds like a simple AB test. Nice try. 10 points for effort.

Comment ID #5028241160 at 08/12/2020 06:40 pm:

Helene Thituson commented on Google Says An Indexing System Failure Caused The Search Results Glitch

They are changing and trying new things because of the election, and somewhere they did a mistake and many other things where affected.

Comment ID #5028145467 at 08/12/2020 05:21 pm:

MegReb commented on Big Google Update Rolling Out Now - August 10th

How much of the web was affected by this?

Comment ID #5028144881 at 08/12/2020 05:21 pm:

MegReb commented on Big Google Update Rolling Out Now - August 10th

How much of the web was affected?

Comment ID #5028113499 at 08/12/2020 04:58 pm:

Alex commented on Google Says An Indexing System Failure Caused The Search Results Glitch

Is it just me or it looks like another bug? Google displays some keywords under the title tags. At least one of the keywords is the name of a brand that ranks at the P4 for the query. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ca39703e0c9555221f6c9244b77aaa0902ea2f611bfc8b7f1ca6e8b74a24593f.png

Comment ID #5028027469 at 08/12/2020 03:52 pm:

Cleofe Betancourt commented on Google Asking Searchers How Fast A Site Loads

Curious how, or if, the ISP will factor into whatever ranking tweak Google may be considering here.

Comment ID #5027950159 at 08/12/2020 02:54 pm:

Mj commented on You Can Now Opt To Remove Trending Searches In The Google Search App

You can get rid of it..you just have to know how and be patient about it..keep trying and you'll get it and believe me I tried it for a long time I and and I finally got it.. it's off now it was so simple I could kick myself..!!! It had nothing to do with Google fault it was mine.. I had Google blocked.. go to your settings and make sure it's not blocked on your app phone keep looking around and then go back to Google to settings and then you'll find general keep doing it have patience and you'll get it hope it helps.. if not be patient and keep trying cuz that's how I did it!! I found in my apps on my phone that it was blocked that's why I could not find it on Google site on setting cuz I had it somehow blocked on my app so I kept looking on my setting on my phone clicking on things and I went back to Google site I was able to get to general and and clicked the autocomplete off .. that will help you delete the treading

Comment ID #5027664136 at 08/12/2020 11:17 am:

The Truth is Out There commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

thats interesting to know. a business associate as a site, he said he ranked on 1st page 1st position for 100's of keywords from 2013 to 2018, then dropped to page 7 - 10 during the medic update. he has never recovered even with the work he has put into his company site. but on Monday during the "glitch" he was on 1st page 1st position for all his keywords again during the few hours the glitch was active. then when the glitch was "fixed" he was back down to page 7+ he is scratching his head what to do, as he was on 1st position for years then plummeted (he had done nothing to his site to plummet in rankings overnight) so when he saw he was back in 1st position he was ecstatic, then furious after the hours had passed. he is puzzled as what he needs to do. so it is interesting that during the Google glitch he actually retained all of his 1st positions for all keywords. be nice to know your thoughts on his situation Bill?

Comment ID #5027560092 at 08/12/2020 09:53 am:

It was a huge test. We're trying to nail down traffic - inbound organic and referral traffic as a core ranking signal. The problem is or was is they needed to isolate traffic only for a short amount of time. So what you saw on Monday was all of the ranking signals turned off except for inbound traffic. Did you notice a lot of directory sites ranking all over the place? Our advice is get as much referral traffic as you can. Also, most of us our now working from home now so it's very difficult to send out information now. We're down to about 10 Bill's now. They cleaned house. We were successful in pushing for more transparency. They now announce broad core updates so in some way we had something to do with that.

Comment ID #5027510151 at 08/12/2020 09:12 am:

Mits commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

Are your sites based on Indian traffic ??

Comment ID #5027503485 at 08/12/2020 09:05 am:

You are just jealous that you are not the real Bill Lambert. You are just a simple human.

Comment ID #5027502621 at 08/12/2020 09:04 am:

I can confirm that the chief engineers cat jumped on his keyboard and pushed a test build onto live. #newnormal #workingfromhome #stayhomesavecatsfromboredom

Comment ID #5027499788 at 08/12/2020 09:01 am:

I'm stupid, sorry commented on Google Says An Indexing System Failure Caused The Search Results Glitch

Here are my unworthy (mostly BS) two cents. I believe it was a glitch in the filtering system that Google engages somewhere in between indexing and the actual serving - or a layer of a firewall that is between the main index and the serving machines. Many people would have noticed that sites that were demoted, or domains that are new, or not yet ranked, suddenly started getting a small burst of traffic within this window. Once the filtering system was patched up, the index was rebuilt (for extra redundancy) and then launched out in the open. The good news is that whoever is enjoying Google's love will continue to enjoy it, and the ones that are kicked out of the den, shall remain homeless for quite sometime.

Comment ID #5027489941 at 08/12/2020 08:52 am:

Google will be sacred to release new updates now. Let's see.

Comment ID #5027439186 at 08/12/2020 07:55 am:

Dan Richardson commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

The real Bill Lambert doesn't need to state that he is the real Bill Lambert, we just know its him. You're not him, Bill has never been verbose.

Comment ID #5027422174 at 08/12/2020 07:34 am:

Endive Software commented on Google Launches Knowledge Panels Within Image Search Results

Great info! Now we can debug your image license markup in the Rich Results test tool. Keep it up and thanks for the update.

Comment ID #5027400771 at 08/12/2020 07:05 am:

You're not the real Bill Lambert

Comment ID #5027299201 at 08/12/2020 04:08 am:

jackie commented on Yesterday's Massive Google Update Was Glitch & Bug - Search Results Back To Normal

My new theory: It wasn't a glitch, but rather a fail roll-out of the next core update. Pretty sure the next core update is coming very very soon, this month

Comment ID #5027248813 at 08/12/2020 02:36 am:

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/a2f12a67441d3f5591989b145db887db80d08e1be1c8f4d5cc799580b8ac3032.png One of my site's rankings dropped yesterday and back to normal today. Another site ranked quite high and that's also back to the normal. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/af47e99659b8f2e80a407961a284ed91efe646b87f9f61ac86a54c30d3b21e07.png In my opinion it's not only a glitch, Google's people might be testing something new, but due to massive mess they have reverted it back

Comment ID #5027159648 at 08/12/2020 12:03 am:

Monika Rai commented on Big Google Update Rolling Out Now - August 10th

Still today I am noticing the positive impact on my site. :-)

Comment ID #5027076606 at 08/11/2020 10:14 pm:

Gary's been reading some Shakespeare. If that's the "real" Bill, I believe him. It's not likely a glitch. Google glitches? Please. Gary explains the truth. They got confused. That's also why half of us bounce around from page 1 to page 10 by the way. They don't know what they're doing.

Comment ID #5026655183 at 08/11/2020 04:13 pm:

Friedrich commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Fluctuations August 6th & 7th

Probably an update I think.

Comment ID #5026653356 at 08/11/2020 04:11 pm:

My positions dropped heavily, and traffic dropped by 50%. Today everything is back to normal. Are you sure your keyword tracking software is accurate?

Comment ID #5026651759 at 08/11/2020 04:10 pm:

Looks like everything went back to normal today, yes? For my websites at least, I hope for you too.