RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #3106517523 at 01/18/2017 03:04 pm:

Len Printz commented on Google Misinforming Webmasters That Their Site Is Not Mobile Friendly

Hello all! I actually have the OPPOSITE situation! Google mobile-friendly test is flagging all of our pages, however, it shows up fine on actual phones. Simply go to americasjobexchange.com and do a job search and click any job. The job description is cut off in the emulator only. Any thoughts? MOST appreciated! Len

Comment ID #3106430863 at 01/18/2017 02:26 pm:

johno v commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

"Google unfettered and highly questionable access to the President as Obama" Google also have "unfettered and highly questionable access" to everyone else via mobile, internet, TV, mail. street cam, google assistant and more Next time you you want to go for a sh&t ask Google first to make sure its ok with them.

Comment ID #3106356230 at 01/18/2017 01:51 pm:

Chelle commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Same on all our sites.

Comment ID #3106352554 at 01/18/2017 01:49 pm:

Obummer commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Yo vote brexit yo go back of the queue i tell ya! Lol

Comment ID #3106194803 at 01/18/2017 12:34 pm:

Roger commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

LOL @ falling for fake populism. Sucker.

Comment ID #3106177816 at 01/18/2017 12:25 pm:

JoeyGstring commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Does anyone here know how to check your backlinks if your site is https?

Comment ID #3106156516 at 01/18/2017 12:12 pm:

Bingmeup commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

clue, to Amazon! As you we had all unique content, Bing still ranks us TOP, Google now have us below MULTIPLE Amazon listings. How on earth is having 3-4 Amazon links (AND Amazon ADVERTS) on page 1 a good user experience? It really rubs the salt in when these Amazon sellers have COPIED your text & pictures!! NOTHING we do changes that, I know a lot of people have quit their own sites and gone to sell on Amazon. IMO that's a short term fix as Amazon will screw them over at the earliest opportunity just like the lovely Google did....

Comment ID #3106142621 at 01/18/2017 12:05 pm:

Google have shared Google Shopping data with Amazon, I have zero doubt on that. Every product we had listed on Google Shopping features numerous times on page 1 organic. The "funny" thing is Google get the search term/product so wrong at times that their insistence on showing Amazon 1,2 & 3 just looks silly and exposes the obvious manipulation of traffic. Search for "X", a very specific product that only we sell as we MAKE the darn thing! Amazon don't have it but Google try their hardest to match products Amazon DO sell to the search! Google Shopping was a very clever way for them to get the data they needed. FREE.

Comment ID #3106131532 at 01/18/2017 11:58 am:

Not to mention that yes, we do now have so little traffic that his visits stuck out like a sore thumb. Seeing as we sell country specific items & Switzerland would have zero interest in the product, we've not shipped there in 20 years of business.

Comment ID #3106126272 at 01/18/2017 11:55 am:

haha, good one! Seeing as he hit the site as soon as I had sent the email it was quite obvious, that & the fact the visit was from Switzerland with a Google IP. Do you not monitor your traffic?

Comment ID #3106069099 at 01/18/2017 11:28 am:

Carlo Alberto Rosso commented on Google AdWords To Only Allow Extended Text Ads Starting January 31st

extended ads works better too in my account, but only in the "younger" campaign. That one (with 6 years of history) still prefers standard ads.

Comment ID #3106011979 at 01/18/2017 10:55 am:

Grammy Winner Taylor Swift commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

If you have so little traffic that you're able to isolate a John Mueller visit in your analytics, you probably have bigger things to worry about.

Comment ID #3105999965 at 01/18/2017 10:48 am:

Samer El Sabeh commented on Google AdWords To Only Allow Extended Text Ads Starting January 31st

I stopped using standard text ads for all campaigns and my CTR jumped almost 200%. They perform so much better than standard text ads. Can you compare impression share for both formats? Also quality score and budget as these affect impression share.

Comment ID #3105979208 at 01/18/2017 10:35 am:

Jerry B's Mom commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Try searching for "echo dot".

Comment ID #3105974192 at 01/18/2017 10:32 am:

Steve commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

What are you searching that shows that many Amazon results in organic? I do a lot of shopping and rarely see more than one Amazon result unless it is only Amazon and maybe 1 or 2 other retailers who sell the product.

Comment ID #3105955397 at 01/18/2017 10:21 am:

Nick Ker commented on Google's Response To Negative SEO: Keeps Competitors Busy While You Get To Move Forward

Prediction based on my own experience: You will soon get a reply or two from the boneheads who insist it is effective. It won't have any examples because there are none, other than when a site with a lot of spam links of its own is outed. They will probably include a threat to prove it works by attacking your site.

Comment ID #3105954411 at 01/18/2017 10:21 am:

I have got a campaign that is running since 2010 with no pauses in the middle. Obviously It has got standard text ads. A bunch of months ago I have created some Extended Text ads and stopped the old ones = BIG MISTAKE. Impressions collapsed for 10 days so I have reactivated the standard text ads and kept active also the new ones. Until Today, after months, the standard text ads keep performing better and keep having the highest number of impressions.

Comment ID #3105946085 at 01/18/2017 10:15 am:

Richard commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

I see you've been talking to my Ex. I tell you it just got a bit samey eventually.

Comment ID #3105916623 at 01/18/2017 09:56 am:

Josh Zehtabchi commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Comment ID #3105907910 at 01/18/2017 09:51 am:

Will Larter commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Make Love Konstantly

Comment ID #3105901632 at 01/18/2017 09:47 am:

Lee Wilson commented on Google's Response To Negative SEO: Keeps Competitors Busy While You Get To Move Forward

I would love anyone that has completed anything that they are proud of relating to completing negative SEO, to actually negatively impact another websites performance in search to share it here. Very little is ever achieved by negative SEO (compared to real SEO and driving forward website and online entity value through 'proper optimisation' and genuine insight, ability and expertise) - if anyone wants to dispute that - post real examples here please.

Comment ID #3105883480 at 01/18/2017 09:35 am:

James commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Yep, this is true. 2 time in a day, no more, no less.

Comment ID #3105845681 at 01/18/2017 09:08 am:

Jim commented on Google AdSense Launches Ad Balance Slider Tool To Show Less Ads

Good strategy on Google's part to further increase CPCs. Although I expect it will improve visitor experience, I wonder by how much. Because of Ad Blindness the typical Adsense block no longer even registers in my head when I scroll through a page. Just as I struggled to think of the last Adsense block I saw, I noticed the one above the comments...

Comment ID #3105804243 at 01/18/2017 08:38 am:

Furqan (SEO) commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

because of on going update results of SERP always fluctuate 2 time in a day...

Comment ID #3105799105 at 01/18/2017 08:34 am:

and MLK means Martin Luther King's day which is American federal holiday on 15 Jan...

Comment ID #3105796315 at 01/18/2017 08:31 am:

Sim-One commented on Was There A Google Algorithm Update On January 16th, MLK Day?

Yep, couldn't be any more obvious. Google want to bend over for Amazon and bless them with 2-3-4 results in the organic results for poor/OOS products whereas my properties have traditionally ranked far above them for the amount of detail I go into in all my products. All unique and original. But I will lose out to a 100 word Amazon page with a picture on it because its a huge website. They really want to say they rank pages, not domains... but as far as I can tell, that's far from the truth. Also, where is the converting traffic gone this month?

Comment ID #3105796055 at 01/18/2017 08:31 am:

Dear its deeply connected with weather because we measure it with temperature of Search engine weather.

Comment ID #3105716337 at 01/18/2017 07:18 am:

Sambo commented on Google Intrusive Interstitials Mobile Penalty Hurting Some Site's Mobile Rankings Now

It is not spitting hairs to differentiate between before and after or to point out the difference between things that still exist and those that do not. You were saying Penguin and Panda penalized retroactively and that is just not true. Your claims about Panda not working for a year sound like you have been getting all your info from bloggers who are trying to sell you something. Lots of people had to wait because they thought they had fixed the problems which triggered Penguin or Panda when in reality they did not.

Comment ID #3105715280 at 01/18/2017 07:17 am:

Well Google sure as hell aint gonna change without being forced to! I have an email sat on my machine from John Mueller (hello John, I'm sure you will read this & I'm sure you know who I am! I did see your visits to my site but you didn't get back to me, so helpful in public yet doesn't give a shit behind the scenes). John could see no problem with search results that feature FOUR Amazon organic results on page one, along with their ads! This happens with pretty much every search I try, yet Bing can return a varied page one that actually lets the small business compete. Google used to be like that but people seem to have short memories & cannot see what they are now is nothing more than an ad engine.