RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #1975294736 at 04/19/2015 02:03 am:

Sara commented on Google Android Apps Now Rank Even If The App Is Not Installed On Your Device

We were chatting a month ago on Twitter about a quote from Mariya from Google and you said that app indexing was already at the point of helping new users. Was that not yet true at the time or has something additional changed?

Comment ID #1975173587 at 04/18/2015 10:47 pm:

NewWorldDisorder commented on Google Knows The Statue of Liberty Is In The United States

The accuracy of Google's Scrape Graph is not up to par.

Comment ID #1974143500 at 04/18/2015 08:19 am:

Meh commented on Google: We Won't Remove Your Non Mobile-Friendly Site From Our Search Results

Just clarifying two things 1. Fast is not in play, in any way, shape, or form. 2. The only things it checks are "has a viewport", "has normal text size", "width < viewport", and "links not close together". Those 4 things do not reliably predict "good".

Comment ID #1974130074 at 04/18/2015 08:04 am:

Mike Lowry commented on Google Mobile Search Drops URL For Site Name & Breadcrumb Navigation

Google Focused it search for Mobile and also introduce a Mobile search Algo on 21st April '15. May be after implementing for Mobile search its also reflect on desktop search.

Comment ID #1973932526 at 04/18/2015 03:31 am:

Jon Burnham commented on Google Android Apps Now Rank Even If The App Is Not Installed On Your Device

Thanks Barry. I think the title is a bit ambiguous. I read it as - if I uninstall an app, then it gets indexed. Which of course would be very logical in the universe that Google now runs.

Comment ID #1973902887 at 04/18/2015 02:47 am:

Woki commented on Google Mobile Search Testing Line Separator Between URL & Description

Most probably better user experience, and would be great

Comment ID #1973126867 at 04/17/2015 03:21 pm:

proton commented on Google Search Country Filter Search Tool Buggy

I reported, so to say, this bug some time ago. I also send you two screenshots :), if you remember. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/websearch/IW8oE4SDbIs Other screenshots are here: http://forum.softpedia.com/topic/1013891-gugal-pedepseste-magazinele-din-romania/ Bug ? I don't belive it until they take some action.

Comment ID #1972953378 at 04/17/2015 01:51 pm:

RandolfFluffypantsIII commented on Android Google Glass Penguin Figurine

Hardly, try ranking a brand new site and monetizing it these days single-handed. In 2008 it was a piece of cake, now you have to have a few thousand dollars start up capital to hire writers and artists at the very least (OR A LOOOOOT OF TIME). Just because one realizes that Google nearly monopolized (just lets enough competition exist to avoid anti-trust suits) the search world, made it virtually impossible for old school stick sign in the dirt entrepreneurs with no start up capital and a lot of knowledge does not mean this distaste has anything to do with spam. So yeah, strawman argument there old bean.

Comment ID #1972875084 at 04/17/2015 01:08 pm:

Vermont Design Works commented on Google Mobile Search Drops URL For Site Name & Breadcrumb Navigation

Curious why Rand, Barry and Danny don't like this? Seems very user friendly.

Comment ID #1972852060 at 04/17/2015 12:56 pm:

Ross Hammond commented on Google Mobile Search Drops URL For Site Name & Breadcrumb Navigation

Saw these results 2 weeks ago. Nice to have it confirmed from official sources. http://www.graphitas.co.uk/blog/2015/03/google-testing-new-url-preview-structure-within-mobile-search/

Comment ID #1972812650 at 04/17/2015 12:33 pm:

Anon User commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

There may be some prosibilities to introduce that.

Comment ID #1972739721 at 04/17/2015 11:51 am:

Bob commented on Yahoo Renews Microsoft Deal Requiring Only 51% Of Ads To Be Powered By Bing

So my already low spend level on Bing Ads is going to get even lower? Won't be worth branching out onto Bing in the end

Comment ID #1972732383 at 04/17/2015 11:46 am:

Tripp Hamilton commented on Google Mobile Search Drops URL For Site Name & Breadcrumb Navigation

Definitely makes the mobile interface look a bit cleaner/sleeker. The breadcrumb view offers the user the website name and method by which to navigate to the page that shows up in the SERP, rather than having a jumble of words and slashes. Thumbs up, Google!

Comment ID #1972712928 at 04/17/2015 11:35 am:

Anthony Biggs commented on Google Mobile Search Drops URL For Site Name & Breadcrumb Navigation

Screen width

Comment ID #1972616759 at 04/17/2015 10:39 am:

Rick commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

I like the idea from an SEO perspective. It could help us create more content that is relevant to the topic.

Comment ID #1972608827 at 04/17/2015 10:34 am:

F1 Steve commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

Do they come with anti virus?

Comment ID #1972575148 at 04/17/2015 10:14 am:

Anon User commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

Google makes over 600 changes per month. Some are more visible of course than others.

Comment ID #1972573121 at 04/17/2015 10:13 am:

Anon User commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

I like brothel programs.The oldest profession in the world.

Comment ID #1972557778 at 04/17/2015 10:04 am:

Mon Slater commented on Google Mobile Search Drops URL For Site Name & Breadcrumb Navigation

Why just for mobile, and not desktop too?

Comment ID #1972526800 at 04/17/2015 09:44 am:

Joy Hawkins commented on Google AdWords Ad Preview & Diagnosis Showing Incorrect Ads Sometimes

Thanks for shedding more light on this Barry. It drove me nuts for awhile before I decided to bring it up at the forum. I believe it was only impacting users in Canada who were using the Ad Preview Tool to see ads in the USA on mobile devices.

Comment ID #1972520227 at 04/17/2015 09:40 am:

Arjun Mahishi commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

Good feature. It can be both useful and distracting. Useful because it helps people to better research on things. Distraction because, it might divert you from the actual thing that you want to know. As long as the research is generic, there is no problem.

Comment ID #1972483791 at 04/17/2015 09:17 am:

Evgeni Yordanov commented on Google's New "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results

Well. I don't know about you guys, but I think too many changes are going on at the moment. This + the no-URL SERPs for Mobile from today; #mobilegeddon + the doorway pages update next week... Is Google changing up their game completely, or is it just a coincidence according to you?

Comment ID #1972465542 at 04/17/2015 09:04 am:

ChrisCD commented on Yandex To Bring Back Links To Search Ranking Algorithm

I'm with James. If the Algo works without links, what could would buying links accomplish and why would they care?!? Clearly there is some smoke and mirrors going on here. And sadly, good sites (like with Google) will be caught in the crossfire.

Comment ID #1972404642 at 04/17/2015 08:21 am:

Helen commented on Google's Matt Cutts Defends Not Giving Personal Attention

Hi, guys. We're trying to find Matt Cutts' email to interview him. Could you help us with a like or a comment? http://texterra.biz/matt-cutts-email/ This is extremely important. This will help us to destroy Russian black hat SEO.

Comment ID #1972374175 at 04/17/2015 07:56 am:

Colin commented on You Can Write On Facebook's Wall In London

Now where did I put my Posca...

Comment ID #1972191141 at 04/17/2015 04:33 am:

Alex commented on Google Completely Disables Discussion Search Feature

What does the search filter have to do with being green? smh

Comment ID #1972181125 at 04/17/2015 04:20 am:

Webrex Technologies commented on Google On What Is Real Time Versus What Is Manually Pushed With Penguin & Links

My site not recover after penguin and panda update...

Comment ID #1972067058 at 04/17/2015 01:52 am:

Nishant Prajapati commented on Buying A Domain Name? Check Out Its History.

But what we will explain to google to remove penalty.. I have bought a domain which have pure spam penalty. As i know it is very difficult to come out from this.. Please any suggestion on this..

Comment ID #1972001575 at 04/17/2015 12:26 am:

Soni Sharma commented on Google On What Is Real Time Versus What Is Manually Pushed With Penguin & Links

Haha My Site is not under penguin. I am not able to maintain my blog regularly due to some freelancing work I already have. I will try to increase regularly. Thanks for noticing my blog. I have very less links. there is no penguin problem. There was no penguin update during the traffic drop days.

Comment ID #1971986671 at 04/17/2015 12:10 am:

Peter Becci commented on Google Knows The Statue of Liberty Is In The United States

I particularly like the image for "where is the south pole" and "where is the north pole"