RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #5167292731 at 11/26/2020 09:59 am:

Shimon Sandler commented on Vlog Episode #95: Elie Orgel On Data For Creating Link Bait Pages (Part One)

Hi Barry, Thanks for the mention! I'll shoot you an email, and we can schedule some time together.

Comment ID #5167182723 at 11/26/2020 08:05 am:

Andy Cash commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

Usual stuff. Positions haven't changed for any important (top10) keywords, but traffic halved yesterday. Fed up with analysing - if Google wants to fill the results with dog-shit sites, so be it.

Comment ID #5167108227 at 11/26/2020 06:15 am:

Jason Gulley commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

Why are you spamming on this site?

Comment ID #5167010936 at 11/26/2020 03:12 am:

Global Executive Cars commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Tremors

yesterday my website was on page 1 now it can barely be seen in 10 pages of google. :(

Comment ID #5167003645 at 11/26/2020 02:57 am:

F5 WebStudio commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

No, have not. We haven't noticed changes, but some things seem a little bit weird.

Comment ID #5166929438 at 11/26/2020 12:41 am:

pavitra pavi commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

I'm finding some fluctuation. Got any idea, what update made by Google. Its really frustrating to work as an SEO because of regular google updates.

Comment ID #5166898709 at 11/25/2020 11:48 pm:

Bestusefultips commented on Google Search Console Crawl Stats Report Is Now Super Useful

What is the meaning of syndication in file types in new crawl status report? https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/8a81cbd5c3061de8b6a46dbd4f9a675cf7d46c3d845aefd600d0e221ff62e165.jpg

Comment ID #5166842605 at 11/25/2020 10:22 pm:

Joe kok commented on Google Removes The Autogenerated Web Stories But They Still Show In Search, For Now

This is sick and a total disrespect to creator or copyright if Google still cares of course.

Comment ID #5166797405 at 11/25/2020 09:25 pm:

Nicole Miller commented on Google Removes The Autogenerated Web Stories But They Still Show In Search, For Now

Maybe they just like being sued.

Comment ID #5166244401 at 11/25/2020 01:50 pm:

I'm stupid, sorry commented on Google Removes The Autogenerated Web Stories But They Still Show In Search, For Now

Oh it's coming back. They'll just make it in a way that doesn't show the URL. Google <i>will be the content</i>. Soon.

Comment ID #5165805828 at 11/25/2020 10:16 am:

sslamsal commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

A bit improvement I see!

Comment ID #5165795475 at 11/25/2020 10:11 am:

Dan Richardson commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

SERPs don't sleep eh

Comment ID #5165793640 at 11/25/2020 10:10 am:

Zanet commented on Google Adds Messaging Button To Google Posts

Looks like a great idea , though I can only believe that this is part of a big effort from Google wanting a live interaction from users and businesses - If only Google led the way, they are barely a shining example in quick interaction!

Comment ID #5165772797 at 11/25/2020 10:00 am:

Maxwell Pond commented on Google Maps Now Shows Hotel Review Rating Averages & More Hotel Attributes On Hotel Pins

Let the customer incentives for positive reviews from hotels begin...

Comment ID #5165635299 at 11/25/2020 08:48 am:

Taylor Michael commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

I saw a TON of volatility in the monitoring tools and saw some dips for a few client's competitors, but nothing terribly dramatic.

Comment ID #5165588902 at 11/25/2020 08:25 am:

Aleem Bashir commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

same here i lost 2 pages

Comment ID #5165570390 at 11/25/2020 08:16 am:

John A. User commented on Was There A Google Update This Week?

I had a major drop in visitors over the last couple of days but i think it may have been because of a certain game release..

Comment ID #5165367140 at 11/25/2020 05:03 am:

Ace Griffith commented on Spike Google My Business Suspensions

Hello my name is Anthony I was recently offered money from a guy too open a google account in my name and have a google my business post card sent to my address in his company name I need someone to get in touch with me I'm supposed to do a video call with this guy in a couple days when the post card comes

Comment ID #5165359326 at 11/25/2020 04:59 am:

Alex commented on Google Says Others Copying Your Content Wouldn't Make You Rank Lower

publish any of your main website article (with internal links) on any free hosting website. Give google to find this article on free hosting and watch how main website tanks.

Comment ID #5165343736 at 11/25/2020 04:44 am:

It happens because these scraper websites copying also your internal links (with url to your website without nofollow) with keywords in anchor (exact copies of your pages). And publishing it on their zero backlinks or spammy backlinks domains. This problem totally ignored by google. Your only way to find these scraper websites using ahrefs/seomoz/gwt and disavow these sites. But find such websites is extremely extremely hard task without help of google (google love to hide important backlinks to your website in gwt and indexing extremely bad-quality spam links).

Comment ID #5165330757 at 11/25/2020 04:35 am:

But if scrappers copy your webpages with your internal links - than google will tank your site. It was confirmed many times with my site and only disavow can help. Since on your website you using keywords in anchor internally - any scrapper which not deleting your links - will kill your website (until disavow). Here may be some exception for biggest sites like wikipedia or similar.

Comment ID #5165294996 at 11/25/2020 04:01 am:

F5 WebStudio commented on Google Says Others Copying Your Content Wouldn't Make You Rank Lower

Google can be pretty adamant about their ability to give the original publisher a good ranking for their own content. In other words you think that Google must runk a bad sites because they are original publisher. It is bad idea. Every searcher needs to find an information, the answer that placed on a quality website. Many searchers not interested in who is original publisher. Also it is a big question how to identify "original publisher" for a lot of articles "What is SEO?". Also, your example doesn't confirm that Google make website rank lower because smb. copied content.

Comment ID #5165281611 at 11/25/2020 03:35 am:

Robert Cerff commented on Some Publishers Dislike Google's Quotes In The News Box

I see quotes coming to Schema markup.

Comment ID #5165094867 at 11/24/2020 10:03 pm:

Roger F commented on Spike Google My Business Suspensions

Would this have anything to do with people stuffing keywords into their business name and Google has decided to finally enforce it?

Comment ID #5164833730 at 11/24/2020 05:15 pm:

David Scarpitta commented on Google Says Others Copying Your Content Wouldn't Make You Rank Lower

I first hand have had "older and aged sites", outrank my own authentic listings on newer ecommerce sites because of scrapers and content re-purposed. In fact so much., that we have limited other affiliate companies using our brand terms, because they would compete directly with us, and skim commissions just for the referral. It's a big issue, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you have any questions about this, then you can contact me directly at: https://www.youtube.com/user/howtogetfoundonline OR You can ask me directly at https://www.davidscarpitta.com Just because a "news article" doesn't display this trend does not mean it isn't a MAJOR PROBLEM in other verticals.

Comment ID #5164566864 at 11/24/2020 01:46 pm:

Chandler Black commented on Google My Business Listings Disappear Within Console

Hey guys, I work for an agency and last week 3/5 listings for an account we manage just disappeared. Google support has been absolutely unhelpful - is there any action that can be taken here? I've tried linking through the original owner access invitation email but nothing

Comment ID #5164506968 at 11/24/2020 01:03 pm:

snuffy commented on Google Says Others Copying Your Content Wouldn't Make You Rank Lower

I don't agree. Here's an example: Berkeley News publishes an article about zebra finches on November 19 at this URL... https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/11/19/zebra-finches-are-amazing-at-unmasking-the-bird-behind-the-song/ Science Daily republished almost identical article on November 21 at this URL... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201121104309.htm Today if I go to the SERPs and query the article title in quotes, Science Daily outranks Berkeley News. Berkeley News and other members of the academic press are heavily republished. Some articles (including the example) are republished on dozens, hundreds or even thousand of other websites. The original publisher seems to me, to get lost in the index. And, sites like Science Daily, which are very powerful sites, and make their living by republishing, get an awful lot of traffic using verbatim content of others. There is nothing wrong with what Science Daily does. But I think that this shows it is very possbile that the republishers can outrank the original source. Google can be pretty adamant about their ability to give the original publisher a good ranking for their own content. But, I believe that if they look at a large number of articles on Science Daily, and many other academic republishers, and they will see that the original source often is not surfaced in the SERPs in a position that will be useful for bringing in traffic. This example is "Berkeley News" which, I think, should be given good rankings, just because they are on a great domain. So my little pissant site would be totally overrun if a lot of other domains grabbed my content and republished it. This stuff happens in image search too. Go to image search and query a random topic where you would expect to find pretty images, then count the number of images hosted on pinterest.com in the top 100 positions. There is usually a lot of them... and pinterest is getting the traffic instead of the the website of the creator. Remember the sandbox? I believe that happened because lots of scraper websites grabbed the new content of emergent blogs, republished it, and squeezed those little blogs right out of decent positions in the SERPs.

Comment ID #5164452817 at 11/24/2020 12:23 pm:

Search Geek commented on Spike Google My Business Suspensions

I had an affiliate GMB suspended last night with a notice around 10:30pm. I fixed the issues I knew where the problem, and submitted a review request, and they approved it 2:54am this morning. Wow, they are on top of these. Hope it works out for you.

Comment ID #5164363022 at 11/24/2020 11:32 am:

Martin Smith commented on Was There A Google Update Search Site

Thank you for this, this was really helpful.

Comment ID #5164045982 at 11/24/2020 08:41 am:

Andy Cash commented on Spike Google My Business Suspensions

Be better off suspending those with flakey positive reviews. How a local guide in Canada can have their carpets cleaned by a call-our service in Manchester, UK is anyone's guess.