Recent Comments

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Sayani96 commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Eventually we will grow tired n not even check the traffic or anything else n just gv up...nt even complain ever again
Comment ID #6482492862 06/17/2024 08:06 am
rl commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
My new site (now 9 months old) is growing. Engagement data looks good, I've put a lot of work into it, I still have a lot to change on the actual design, but so far it seems to work fine. Monetization is zero, because I have almost no ads. I am lucky enough not to have too many PAA or ads on my queries, even though this type of traffic is converting. This week I will fine tune all my ads and geo-targeting, and I will start filling the pages with affiliate links. Anyway, that means nothing. I expect it to drop anytime, for absolutely no reason. This is one of the new realities, one of the others being that our time is ticking, tick-tock, until the whole web (owned by Google) will be changed according to the master's desire. PS: I had a try at doing more social signals, I failed miserably. There's so much to learn, so different, so time consuming even with a bit of automatisation, so stupid in many ways, I can only think about hiring a company to do it.
Comment ID #6482474087 06/17/2024 07:06 am
Ran Damme commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Wordpress should be very worried if that's the case. If Google is decimating WordPress sites, it won't be long till WordPress is out of business.
Comment ID #6482466015 06/17/2024 07:06 am
Gabriel commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
I hate Google. My whole Existence Is gone since the latest Update in March. Not making a single sale anymore....
Comment ID #6482463759 06/17/2024 06:06 am
Jewish Cat Who Does S̶E̶O̶ commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/455f41b4c5644710b3c4f0ef788ab3b893444d0f5b662e5bc730adb4f5cc2d0f.png lol fuck youuu google. Nice "string-ing" there - giving rank boost then massive drop, then give some back, then drop again, etc. And in each drop, it goes deeper than ever. And because I don't care about this line anymore, I ain't even mad but just laugh it out. I want to see how low it can go.
Comment ID #6482459561 06/17/2024 06:06 am
The190IQ_Equalizer commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
are your non-HCU hit site as SEO optimized as the hit ones?
Comment ID #6482441312 06/17/2024 05:06 am
mark commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Very interesting development that my non-HCU hit site is back at pre-March rankings as of Friday night untli now. Traffic is down slightly even though my positions are good. Very strange. HCU hit site traffic is still the same. Positions are about the same as well.
Comment ID #6482427637 06/17/2024 04:06 am
Observing the SERP minutely today, I highly doubt that everything is too random. It was all planned. Yes, I understand by March 2024, the SERP was nothing but garbage, yet this whole week, I observed changes to the SERP in my niche. On the top, ranks a high authority site followed by the People Also Ask section. This PAA section has the first question with a YouTube link as the response. Then there are two other questions that answer from some shitty sites, and then there's another question that answers in my local language. Then continues a bunch of questions that include mixed responses - YouTube links+lines from authority sites and shitty sites. Once the PAA section ends, it all has horrible results with little to no relevance to the search query. Looking at the SERP itself and these links, you won't feel like clicking.
Comment ID #6482426889 06/17/2024 04:06 am
clone21 commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Because they don't know what's wrong, they messed up all things now.
Comment ID #6482411768 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Who cares!
Comment ID #6482411308 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Same ... Used to deal with it from the start... Google Search Console still lists every 404 that I've ever "created" by deleting my page
Comment ID #6482408618 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Exactly... What's happening now is just the reverse of what used to happen earlier... Weekends were joyous for me... I knew I would witness a surge in traffic... N now u c... It's not even a nightmare anymore... I wake up every mrng mentally prepared to see 50-100 traffic drop
Comment ID #6482407989 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Absolutely... I've already started dedicating my time in learning something new... N this time I won't repeat the mistake of sticking to just one source of income... In my country... Offline businesses aren't that bad...
Comment ID #6482407374 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Haven't tried yet... But i think I should give it a try.. But I choose to take sm time before doing that... Waiting for the daily traffic to hit 10-15 n then I'll do that
Comment ID #6482406816 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Moreover, we can't draw the conclusion that their only intention was kicking out WP sites ... Bcz the SERP is littered with spam... N etsy n quora n reddit n instagram n some authority sites... if I accept mine was WP site n I've been kicked out... But i dont think all of the quality competitors with 30-50M monthly traffic were using WP sites as well.. They too have vanished... Sm sites ranking r soooooo poor with their layout.... Page load speed.... No use of images... Each 500 words paragraphs. ... Yet Google isn't kicking them out.... Don't know the actual "CRITERIA" that Google uses to keep sites
Comment ID #6482406017 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Yes, you are right, none of my posts got indexed since sep 2023 only, n then when the traffic went crashing down in March 2024..i was sure the reason bhnd being hammered is running a WordPress info website. It's okay... Whatever it has done... It has done... Got it's motive served... I understand they have that legit reason stating that most of these site owners copy n spin from elsewhere... But again no one trusts Google anymore with that shitty abilities of not being able to recognise between the original sites n the spun content... Ppl who hv spun my content... Copied my site's pattern r still there in the SERP... N I've been kicked out... N again I suppose that's for the reason like sm said... Google keeps comparatively newer sites for sm time before kicking them out too
Comment ID #6482404514 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Bobby commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Over the years, I have made many changes to my domain, including deleting a lot of pages. Google Search Console still lists every 404 that I've ever "created" by deleting my pages. It's messy. It's confusing. What is with this? Why don't they remove them? How many years do I have to stare my old 404s in the face?
Comment ID #6482404300 06/17/2024 03:06 am
I agree with each of ur words... I figured out back in March 2024...why I've been targeted... Mine is WordPress info website "it's just the publishers that write about stuff and rely almost entirely on Google traffic and ads/affiliate sales for income have been targeted." ABSOLUTELY!!!
Comment ID #6482402747 06/17/2024 03:06 am
Sensei commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
That is probably exactly or very close to what they do every weekend. They set their experiment to go on Friday, enjoy blowing each other at their rainbow brite parades all weekend, then check the results Monday to get off on how many more businesses their new update stopped traffic to.
Comment ID #6482293100 06/16/2024 10:06 pm
If your site was hit then perhaps try the new domain tactic. It could work rather than being hopeful of a rollback.
Comment ID #6482293019 06/16/2024 10:06 pm
Have you considered shifting all your content to a new domain? Not redirecting it but actually copying and pasting it all onto a new site.
Comment ID #6482291983 06/16/2024 10:06 pm
Golden Phoenix commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
traffic on a site that was not hit in the rankings, way down. Site that has been decimated by Google's updates somehow getting more traffic today. It doesn't rank for any of the major keywords anymore though. As this point, who even knows.
Comment ID #6482282345 06/16/2024 10:06 pm
J. Evans commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Despite what some people think in the responses below like "Correlation doesn't mean causation" and whatnot.....the reality is that Wordpress sites HAVE BEEN TARGETED. Due to my environment I see a LOT of data for wordpress websites, both e-commerce and the usual blog or info websites. Especially the blog/info wordpress websites have been hammered by google. The reason is simple, the wordpress platform is VERY EASY to setup, start and maintain a website for every Tom, Dick and Harry. And as google wants to get rid of a BIG chunk of all those blog/info websites that they feel are spam and useless, the wordpress platform has been targeted as one factor if present together with a few other factors that google thinks needs to be culled. Because if you can build a custom website and host it on at least a VPS or digital ocean droplet and provide entity information (company reg, address phone number etc...etc..) than that will provide a VERY different image to google. I have now seen this way too many times to think it's a coincidence.
Comment ID #6482271980 06/16/2024 09:06 pm
DataDonkey commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Remember, Sundar Pichai became CEO of Google in 2015 and then CEO of Google's parent company Alphabet in 2019. Sundar Pichai transformed Google into a criminal enterprise, and he has no problem abusing Google's dominance to destroy any and all who stand in their way to monetize humanity and make us all digital slaves.
Comment ID #6482247139 06/16/2024 08:06 pm
There's only so much traffic and money to go around. Sell a $20 widget that 100 others sell on Amazon, Ebay and their own websites. Then there are 1,000 affiliate marketers trying to earn a commission from selling the same $20 product. That's a whole lot of competition for a $20 product that Google wants to earn $10 when it sells. If Google can't generate $10 in honest revenue for each sale in ads, they will ripoff advertisers enough till they do.
Comment ID #6482244017 06/16/2024 08:06 pm
Zero Sales commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
You're still so young. You can learn a new trade or something in 2 or 3 years and still have 35 years of working ahead of you.
Comment ID #6482230936 06/16/2024 08:06 pm
Dude, there are pages that DO NOT LOAD ahead of me in the search results. So, I guess page speed doesn't matter really. And there are solid shared hosting providers that can load pages pretty quick.
Comment ID #6482229337 06/16/2024 08:06 pm
DanielWoodley commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Correlation doesn't mean causation. Majority of sites hit have many other things in common too; affiliates, lots of ads, don't sell items/services, small niche sites, lots of "articles", very few direct visitors. I have a hobby site in the hiking/mountaineering niche and many of my competitors, some very big, have been hit. The ones that offer services (guided hikes, books, equipment, training courses etc) are doing fine, it's just the publishers that write about stuff and rely almost entirely on Google traffic and ads/affiliate sales for income have been targeted. I'm even seeing campsites and B&B sites that have mediocre content about hiking routes in their area are outranking expert sites. Google seems to love sites that sell products/services and hates publishers, it's probably related to ai and how easy it is for anyone to be a publisher and churn out articles. It's not so easy being an actual business that sells stuff. Over 40% of sites use Wordpress so I wouldn't worry about that at all, shared servers are fine too. What you put on your pages and what type of site you have are major factors these days.
Comment ID #6482218633 06/16/2024 08:06 pm
I heard that rumor too with WP sites being on their hit list now right around September HCU. There's some anecdotal evidence but nothing solid since nobody legit seems to have done a proper study yet. Since they have no morals or much less honor, I so wouldn't doubt it though if they started pulling this shit too. There's no level of shadiness to put past these soulless c0cksuckers anymore.
Comment ID #6482217241 06/16/2024 08:06 pm
John A. User commented on Google Father's Day Weekend Search Ranking Volatility Update
Add Britannica as well, how does Britannica rank second for AL TARF when all it is is one line. To read more you need to click on a link which will take you to a totally different but related page.
Comment ID #6482216603 06/16/2024 08:06 pm

Popular Categories

The Pulse of the search community

Search Video Recaps

Google Weekend Volatility, Google On Search Leak, Elizabeth Tucker Interview & Apple Intelligence - YouTube
Video Details More Videos Subscribe to Videos