RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #1986096845 at 04/24/2015 08:55 pm:

index commented on Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?

Sorry, I was talking to chris. Nothing against barry. He seems cool. Just the post pisst me off and I wanted to state my opinion.

Comment ID #1986094343 at 04/24/2015 08:53 pm:

index commented on Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?

Barry, here is a link on how quick it would had been. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ingress You would simply find that it is a game.

Comment ID #1986065625 at 04/24/2015 08:26 pm:

DEAN commented on How To Get Google's Matt Cutts To Reply To Your Webmaster Questions?

I would like Mr Matt Cuts to update the google algorithm HUMMINGBIRD for people affected by the mugshot industry. He needs to look into this matter again because thousand of people are being victimized and are being forced to pay the mugshot extortionist websites a fee to remove a picture. Not all people on these mugshot website are felons, some people have first time DUI and have to punish forever just because the mugshot site have found a way around this algoritem. One such website is www.mugshot-record-search.com. It is such a shady site, you can only pay with a check by giving them your banking information. There is also no contact information or phone number !! PLEASE HELP US , I ASK ANYBODY THAT CARE TO PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS MATTTER AND SHUTDOWN THE MUGSHOT INDUSTRY.

Comment ID #1985849117 at 04/24/2015 05:48 pm:

Eric the Actor commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

In your assumption that a 12% rev increase is due to penguin. Just no way I would ever believe that at this point. If you told me that the mobile algorithm did that I'll be more inclined to believe you in the summer - that is one that CAN damage the biggest names with the biggest budgets and force them to pay the piper. Not penguin though, the numbers just wouldn't be there.

Comment ID #1985840361 at 04/24/2015 05:42 pm:

Wendy Piersall commented on Google AdSense Launches Matched Content Widget

Wondering how this is any different than any of the other related post plugins available for WordPress - except for giving Google more free data with which they can use against us at a later date?

Comment ID #1985820920 at 04/24/2015 05:30 pm:

Eric the Actor commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

Name 1 thing that negatively impacted the user experience. find me 1 piece of info from the web that went missing, anything valuable that disappeared from Penguin updates, 1 product that you could no longer find, anything. The reality is, false-positives are 100% acceptable in this world because nothing goes missing for users - just some jackass's website that was completely unnecessary to start with. Behind them, there are 100 other websites moving up a spot to fill the void in the SERPs for users because they sell the same stuff and write the same "Is link building dead in 2015?" articles... in a metaphorical way.

Comment ID #1985817370 at 04/24/2015 05:28 pm:

Emory Rowland commented on Google Says The Doorway Algorithm Has Launched But Webmaster Did Not Notice

Too bad, I was looking forward to the #doorwaygeddon hashtag.

Comment ID #1985809642 at 04/24/2015 05:23 pm:

Phertest commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

With what specifically?

Comment ID #1985651804 at 04/24/2015 03:49 pm:

balla420 commented on Google Says The Doorway Algorithm Has Launched But Webmaster Did Not Notice

it's called churn and bun and lots of people make a lot of money doing it.

Comment ID #1985649640 at 04/24/2015 03:47 pm:

Dan commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Haaappy Birthday dear (insert expletive) Happy Birthday tooooo yoooouuuu.

Comment ID #1985581708 at 04/24/2015 03:09 pm:

Lori Eldridge commented on How Professionals Analyze Google Analytics: With Paper & Pencil

Thanks Kyle, I'll try that next time.

Comment ID #1985505464 at 04/24/2015 02:24 pm:

Abed commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

Josh, what do you think about what says Eric the Actor? Is this possible a google represntive? Whatever he says I think is not true, but your true words about much revenue could be the true.

Comment ID #1985487693 at 04/24/2015 02:14 pm:

Georgio commented on Google Says The Doorway Algorithm Has Launched But Webmaster Did Not Notice

It was launched on the Orthodox Easter ~ 12 of April, that's way the impact was not very clear.

Comment ID #1985446872 at 04/24/2015 01:51 pm:

Trust Me commented on Google Says The Doorway Algorithm Has Launched But Webmaster Did Not Notice

This algo launched at the end of March.

Comment ID #1985341208 at 04/24/2015 12:51 pm:

Eric the Actor commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

It is good for the users of Google, that is whom the company exists for, not you.

Comment ID #1985339885 at 04/24/2015 12:51 pm:

Eric the Actor commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

The smartest people in the world seem to be disagreeing with you.

Comment ID #1985313790 at 04/24/2015 12:35 pm:

Matt commented on Google Says The New Mobile Results Is Completely Rolled Out In Some Data Centers

I'm hearing reports this morning of very dramatic changes to the mobile serps from some people. I've yet to see any differences, but it does sound like some data centers have updated and it's the changes are big enough it's obvious when they do.

Comment ID #1985296788 at 04/24/2015 12:25 pm:

Tian_Mian commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

Happy Birthday Asshole

Comment ID #1985278695 at 04/24/2015 12:14 pm:

Bernard commented on Google Says The New Mobile Results Is Completely Rolled Out In Some Data Centers

I see a website that is ranked number #1

Comment ID #1985275545 at 04/24/2015 12:12 pm:

Ben Guest commented on Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and my intellect is telling me to just go to the source. ;-)

Comment ID #1985257693 at 04/24/2015 12:02 pm:

Doc Sheldon commented on Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?

Ya know what, you jerks? (you know who you are) This is Barry's blog... not a news publication. On this site, he's a blogger... not a journalist. And on this site, you're visitors... not prisoners. If you don't like what you see, STFU and go somewhere else. Or show off your own Pulitzer-level abilities on your own blog. Anyone can be a dick... but just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Comment ID #1985212976 at 04/24/2015 11:35 am:

Some_Dude commented on Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?

You Barry Haters are a bunch of self entitled jerks. You act like Barry owes you Pulitzer quality content. This is just a hobby blog (for him). Never-the-less, he provides the occasional epiphany and has helped many webmasters improve their product. If you don't like what he chooses to write about, STFU and go elsewhere.

Comment ID #1985209709 at 04/24/2015 11:33 am:

Josh Zehtabchi commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

Europe is starting to see what Google has become and I hope it echo's here. Either reform their practices or let the next best thing take over and dominate (until they're corrupted, too). I loathe Facebook, but like they say - the enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine.

Comment ID #1985202643 at 04/24/2015 11:28 am:

Phertest commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

I read the article and it does make sense, but I believe Google will still keep a large market for years to come. However, as they become progressively more greedy (shopping results at the top of search, lots of paid ads first, lower quality results from sites that have "natural" backlinks but poor content, while good content with "unnatural" links get devalued, forcing google+, bad press from many small business owners who have been punished unfairly), they will be killing themselves off even sooner. Right now I'm hoping yahoo and fb pick up the pace while they explode in popularity.

Comment ID #1985177851 at 04/24/2015 11:13 am:

Guest commented on Google Says The New Mobile Results Is Completely Rolled Out In Some Data Centers

Not seeing mobile friendly sites get rewarded, I am seeing some getting losses.

Comment ID #1985167175 at 04/24/2015 11:07 am:

StevenLockey commented on Google Hints At New Mass Link Penalty?

They don't need to do that, you just use a hack on the phone to tell the GPS that you are somewhere else in the world and Ingress thinks you are there. So basically you can teleport from node to node instantly once you know it's GPS co-ordinates.

Comment ID #1985123862 at 04/24/2015 10:41 am:

Anon User commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

I used to like Penguins. Now they make me feel sick. Yet another reason Google is bad for the world in general.

Comment ID #1985113950 at 04/24/2015 10:35 am:

Josh Zehtabchi commented on Happy Third Birthday Google Penguin Algorithm

IMHO, I think they're feeling the pressure of social and the fact most users now are pushed news rather than them searching for news. There was an awesome article I read the other day about it. Ah, here it is: http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/22/facebooks-secret-plan-to-kill-google-and-become-the-second-trillion-dollar-company-in-the-process/ Give that a read, @phertest:disqus - it's an enjoyable read of one's theory.

Comment ID #1985099930 at 04/24/2015 10:26 am:

Josh Zehtabchi commented on Google Says The New Mobile Results Is Completely Rolled Out In Some Data Centers

Thank you. I had suspected that since my mobility issues via GWT have not been updated since the 16th, whilst my site was crawled yesterday. Thank you again for the clarification, @Michael_Martinez:disqus