RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #4232811309 at 12/09/2018 05:01 pm:

DuckGO commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

All time low https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/b04c4df8fcb7239e027b850775baf81fec19299dd8627224570ca9f249d362d0.jpg

Comment ID #4232613148 at 12/09/2018 02:22 pm:

Alecthepharoah commented on Some Google AdSense November Payments Delayed & Still Pending

i got my 13k on the 21st. :)

Comment ID #4232209850 at 12/09/2018 08:41 am:

adevx5 commented on Google Says Crawling SPA (Single-Page Application) Isn't Easy But Can Work

I can attest that google indexing works well with SSR (Vue.JS with the provided server-side-rendering module) Not sure what happens if I disable SSR. I would love to do that because SSR add's another layer of complexity. Bing has a lot more trouble indexing my pages, but as Bing is not used much in Europe I doesn't have my focus.

Comment ID #4232047475 at 12/09/2018 04:46 am:

Adrian Lawrence commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

I noticed a drop for https://www.reportingaccounts.com on 30th Nov, but every day since my rankings and traffic has been slowly rising back, I have now recovered around 85% and looks like by end of year I will be back to where I was. Not sure it is onsite related at all. Strange one.

Comment ID #4231559327 at 12/08/2018 04:59 pm:

Marcus commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

Hence the word ‘should’ I know exactly what google is about.....sadly

Comment ID #4231431015 at 12/08/2018 03:07 pm:

Actual Wizard commented on Google Says Again; Do Not Worry About Words Or Keywords In URLs

Small or one the bigger factors that you actually have control over on your pages, what's the difference? Also, it's a more significant factor in Bing and in many cases, directly targeting the keywords in your most significant tags, is enough to rank on page 1 of Bing/Yahoo/DuckDuckGo. You can sit there and tell me that it's not much traffic all you want to, but it's more traffic and it doesn't hurt your rankings in Google, so why wouldn't you worry about it? Sorry, John's Advice is bad on this matter.

Comment ID #4231305710 at 12/08/2018 01:26 pm:

David Carreras commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

My concern is in the medical health field. Google is pretty damn smart. It's not all robots and algorithms either. Quality raters (real human eyes and minds) exist now, and if you don't think they effect rankings, just because Google says so, then you're in the dark.... why else would Google pay for them and have them spend that time doing research. So the quality raters go in, and if it's not a site filled with MDs or highly credentialed folks, that site's word is slowly getting drowned out. Even if they personally had the issues and found solutions, and is far better understanding of most MDs, who never experienced the problem themselves and are just sharing what they learned in school, which I feel is my case. I think you should have both angles of the problem. I've been researching on my topic more than 10 years now, writing, citing scientific studies, etc. Obviously hearing it from the medical community is very important info, and their word is important, but in my life, I've learned doctors can be wrong... and are QUITE OFTEN... and can also be far removed from the issue. Oh, and yeah, there's a bunch of sites selling crap as well getting rankings, must have good link profiles.

Comment ID #4231293870 at 12/08/2018 01:17 pm:

Simon commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

"Google should be ranking sites that deal with all users not just the ones that don't need screen readers". Google is a company that intentionally breaks anti-trust laws to stifle competition and innovation, they steal user privacy information, conceal sexual harassment among senior staff, try to weaponise their tech, etc. Do you really think they have the ethics to care about users with disabilities?

Comment ID #4230762024 at 12/08/2018 03:48 am:

disabledOIF/OEFvetMM commented on Google's Diego Rivera Logo Insults Americans Day After Pearl Harbor

-- its 2018 & no PEARL HARBOR 77th anniversary post GOOGLE DOODLE folks -- why not people, why'd you skip the doodle honoring our vets who died fighting the old evil failed emporer led japanese empire !!!!!!????!?!?!?!??????!!!!!!!! ...its not like thousands of Americans died because of US BEING ATTACKED by the spread of an evil empire bent on controlling the pacific& ALL OF ASIA -- if not for men like these who gave their lives, you might be speaking JAPANESE today at GOOGE DOODLE headquarters, eh??

Comment ID #4230749228 at 12/08/2018 03:24 am:

-- you know what your problem is -- YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND as you say why people don't understand..... most of us vets don't get people like you Patiseo..... you answer that last question numnut on why it hasn't become a national holiday... Diego Rivera my bigg butt. Sorry, my patriotism jus wont allow me to be silent on bs like this post . I know I jus saw it this yr in 2018, but still.

Comment ID #4230747087 at 12/08/2018 03:21 am:

... I'd go a little farther than ' rose colored glasses ' (....its kinda like they're more like a buncha '' commie lovin trotskeeite lenin lovin marxist n krushchev worshippin putin-ites '' !!!!!! ... you can quote me on this if you'd like.)

Comment ID #4230744824 at 12/08/2018 03:16 am:

YOU can focus on today.... dang, whats wrong with you people ???????

Comment ID #4230743791 at 12/08/2018 03:14 am:

-- are your for real ??? NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU DUDE Spiritwar2012 aka MegaHertz (& just what in the h*ck is this username???) I put this here 7 yrs after you posted, but it was worth it... for reals man.... get a real grip.

Comment ID #4230742965 at 12/08/2018 03:13 am:

-- he surely wasn't great enough to eclipse a Pearl Harbor ignore by the GOOGLE DOODLE staff now in 2018 !!!!!

Comment ID #4230740129 at 12/08/2018 03:08 am:

-- come on now mr Andrew Girdwood , in reality YOU'RE the '' ODD EVENT '' TO CELEBRATE..... what the ??? guess you were asleep in class when they were handin out brains & teaching history of the USofA & patriotism & all that.... why don't you go to a honor celebration for veterans who died in PearlHarbor & say '' why, this is an odd event to commemorate/celebrate '' you ingrate weirdo ... get some patiotic blood infused in your body dude !!!!! I know you posted this 7 yrs ago, but there's hope for you yet, maybe.....

Comment ID #4230738206 at 12/08/2018 03:04 am:

WHO IS '' WE ARE MORE MATURE THAN THAT '', HUH ???? , ....MORE MATURE THAN YOUR COMMIE LOVIN RANTENDNESSESS YOUR ROYAL SELF RIGHTEOUS HIGHNESSNESS ??? HUH MATTRIG123 ???? YOU BE WEIRD & STOOOOPID.... HOWS THAT FOR JUDGMENTAL ???? YEAH, WE CAN COMMENT ON THE LEVEL OF YOUR STUPIDIDITY. 7 yrs ago or not, you need replies like mine to a comment like you posted on here, good nite man, get a grip.

Comment ID #4230734008 at 12/08/2018 02:56 am:

Bitvero commented on 2/3rds Of SEOs Think Google Shouldn't Delist A Hacked Site

Hmm..U on the liberals side😊 what if site is hacked and cracked both? No one knows! We are already tackling email hacks on a higher side, which is a result of cracking the door It would be interesting to know the reverts u did after u got a hack label 😢

Comment ID #4230621322 at 12/07/2018 11:57 pm:

Ravi kumar commented on Google Search Console To Replace Search Analytics With Performance Report

Hi guys, can you suggest before medic update my focus keywords was coming on 1st page, after update its not showing any ranking means it has been hide from Dec. kindly suggest how can i get. My focus keyword was ISO certification & ISO certificate.

Comment ID #4230548022 at 12/07/2018 10:11 pm:

Jinson commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

My page views dropped from 4000/day to 2500/day. I am sure that there was an update couple of days ago..

Comment ID #4230493458 at 12/07/2018 09:01 pm:

Deacyde do hurtin commented on Google Says Again; Do Not Worry About Words Or Keywords In URLs

You do like backlinks right? Clicks? Engagement in general? have an insanely long url or something hard as hell to remember and you lose potential chances to get natural backlinks, clicks, engagement, as well as increased content branding and a sense of structure to the site for crawlers to better understand relevancy with and crawl deeper into the site more often. Write urls for users and you'll end up writing them for bots too, if we wrote for just bots, we'd have nothing but schema, correct? You write for users, always keeping in mind bots, otherwise, wth are you even doing? Indexing is the core of your job as an SEO, if nothing gets indexed properly, you have nothing showing to the public.

Comment ID #4230481067 at 12/07/2018 08:46 pm:

James commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

Google appears to push crap traffic after some of their updates. This is one of those again.Traffic is down again but my enquiry rates are down as well disproportionately. It happens every time they do this. Its as if you get ghost traffic.

Comment ID #4230464368 at 12/07/2018 08:26 pm:

Foomanchoo commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

I see me key words drop. Me not been naughty. I follow Barry. I follow Eric. I follow Matt. Me cunt din stink.

Comment ID #4230135012 at 12/07/2018 03:39 pm:

Nick Evanovich commented on Google Search Box Height & Width Change

Google's search box now has rounded corners. Has anyone noticed?

Comment ID #4230089896 at 12/07/2018 03:08 pm:

Anthony Trollope commented on 2/3rds Of SEOs Think Google Shouldn't Delist A Hacked Site

If the hack is severe enough, sure pull it, but severe is the key word and a harder criteria to define than most would think. For the most part, a warning should suffice, but likely the majority of webmasters would be slow to respond to such a warning. Think how many sites out there are completely left to their own devices. It could be weeks, months, perhaps years before a webmaster is able to rectify issues flagged by Google. It is right that Google takes a site down once fair warning has passed.

Comment ID #4229971162 at 12/07/2018 01:47 pm:

Steven van Vessum commented on Google: Q&A Page Structured Data Not For FAQs

But it's fine to use it on pages that only contain one question, and no, one or more answers. So if you have pages with just one Q and one A, it's fine to use it. Confusing yes, and this article's headline doesn't help. Check out this thread: https://twitter.com/Stevenvvessum/status/1070293978271100928.

Comment ID #4229958675 at 12/07/2018 01:39 pm:

Marcus commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

H Dog if you don't worry about H tags do you worry about visually impaired web users? Should they be ignored? Google should be ranking sites that deal with all users not just the ones that don't need screen readers...... Web design 101 "accesibility and usability were drummed into the hand coders before wordpress took away GOOD web design and replaced it with cheap easy web design that looks nice but doesn't cater for ALL users... Google should favour websites that allow access to the content for ALL users IMO as priority OVER links but that's just me. Sadly links seem to trump mobile friendly, SSL, and content in my areas "home services". The net should cater for all and the wrong H tags are bad for people who cant see (be thankful your not one)....

Comment ID #4229946184 at 12/07/2018 01:31 pm:

No hope mate commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

The thing is...and here's the thing... you are trying to sell your wares to an English speaking market BUT and here's the big BUT... anyone from an English speaking market is going to read 2 sentences of your text and they are gone. POOF... Gone and never coming back. WHY? I hear you say. Well, here's the WHY. Your English is written by someone who has English as a second language. I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say INDIAN. You don't need to worry about updates you need to worry about all your content. It's bad. Really Bad.

Comment ID #4229923526 at 12/07/2018 01:16 pm:

Mark the Shark commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

So you would be okay if your page had 3 H1's and no H2's? You wouldn't change it, you would just leave it that way?

Comment ID #4229832888 at 12/07/2018 12:15 pm:

RickAndMortySucks commented on Google Updates Us On How Search Updates Work

everyone knows if you get your hands dirty all you have to do is wash them!! SMH!!! what is wrong with you?????

Comment ID #4229831288 at 12/07/2018 12:13 pm:

H Dag commented on Google Search Algorithm Update On Friday November 30th

Google relegating the main stays of page 1 to page 2 and 3 is simply a ploy to force them into advertising. Google rev growth has all but ceased and there is extreme pressure on the sales department to keep revenues growing.