RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #3958408582 at 06/24/2018 02:59 am:

Dhananjay Bhardwaj commented on Google Says Keyword Stuffing Should Not Warrant Removal From Search Index

Agreed. There is keyword competition in my niche, where articles with ONLY stuffing are ranking on top.

Comment ID #3958407941 at 06/24/2018 02:58 am:

I'd highly agree to that. Even though they keep denying it, but backlinks and Adwords still have a huge impact on ranking.

Comment ID #3957913569 at 06/23/2018 04:39 pm:

Lenin Zapata commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

Pages positioned first do not use that tag "keywords"

Comment ID #3957059646 at 06/23/2018 01:10 am:

David Johns commented on Google Algorithm Update Signals & Chatter

I have exactly the same issue Yoast SEO indexed lots of thin content and caused a 70% drop in organic traffic. This is to do with Panda Penalty. Yoast admits that the bug in the plugin causes "Panda like" issues.

Comment ID #3956713289 at 06/22/2018 06:30 pm:

Tyler Tafelsky commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

The keyword tool on the new interface is f*cked, imo. Anyone else going to have to revamp their keyword research processes?

Comment ID #3956396955 at 06/22/2018 02:36 pm:

Ray commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

There are definitely a few quirks, but overall workflow is better once you get used to it. Speed is a bit slower, and the keyword tool needs work.

Comment ID #3956318775 at 06/22/2018 01:43 pm:

Ross commented on Google Says Keyword Stuffing Should Not Warrant Removal From Search Index

I'm not sure the example is really "keyword stuffing". The page looks like any Wikipedia article about "X", when you search for "X" on the page.

Comment ID #3956243690 at 06/22/2018 12:54 pm:

stratus commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

I've received the warning--i will be switched to the new interface in July, for my small MCC. Not happy. I find the new API cluttered, over-thought, and slower. My niche is small business with a unique geo targeting need. We don't use many of the bells and whistles the young aggressive programmers at GooG have created to make life 'better'. We don't waste money on the display net, or even partners. Bring back the sidebar layout so i can get better performance on longtail search queries that were just fine with position 4-5 on the sidebar. Remarketing is a joke that freaks out my older audience--who feel like they're being followed by ads popping up everywhere. I'll grudgingly find my way through the new look, but never use the reporting crap as it requires too much time for simple info. My search only, text listing only program still kicks ass for my clients.

Comment ID #3956201388 at 06/22/2018 12:27 pm:

Billy Mays commented on Google Caught Buying Links Again Via Charity Method

womp womp

Comment ID #3956192171 at 06/22/2018 12:21 pm:

Dominic Savio commented on Earn $75 With Google User Experience Research Survey

I had filled in the first survey after joining & I did not get any email it's now two weeks. I was informed within two days I will get an email to complete the survey for which I will be paid, nothing of that sort happened. Why?

Comment ID #3956028219 at 06/22/2018 10:39 am:

ScamWords commented on Google Says Keyword Stuffing Should Not Warrant Removal From Search Index

"It's usually more actionable to focus on your own sites, rather than to focus on "why is someone else's site ranking above mine when I don't think it's as good as mine" ..." Yeah OK John, I'm trying to rank for "Piani Cottura" & see that in position 9, makes you wonder about this...... "We use over 200 factors for ranking, the nice part is that you don't have to get them all perfect." Yes. That's the great part. You only need to worry about links. All this BS about great content kinda gets wiped out when you see that page ranking number 9. 200 factors my ass. Links & Adwords spend, just ask Amazon ;) (who's organic presence seems to have gone down since they dropped PLA's!!!)

Comment ID #3955995042 at 06/22/2018 10:17 am:

Deacyde do hurtin commented on Tell Google What You Use Internal Link Reports For In Google Search Console

It would be nice, since they are already crawling the site, if they could display pages with no or low internal linking, would save some time and highlight things for further digging. Also, fusion charts of inter-connectivity

Comment ID #3955988433 at 06/22/2018 10:13 am:

Billy Mays commented on Google #ThisIsFamily Pride Booth

gross

Comment ID #3955927339 at 06/22/2018 09:31 am:

ScamWords commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

Such as? Selling your snake oil bullshit? It sounds ideal to me. You claim people tank websites. It's your job to rank websites. If you were a plumber would you moan about cold weather bursting pipes? Honesty, "SEO's" are a weird breed.

Comment ID #3955922998 at 06/22/2018 09:28 am:

ScamWords commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

Perhaps when they search they can't find the info for all the ads and shit that Google ranks on page 1 ;)

Comment ID #3955922418 at 06/22/2018 09:28 am:

Sasch commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

I'd have other/better/more profitable things to do if idiots didn't keep tanking their clients' sites to the point where people reach out to me to put things back on the rails. Anyways... that's a pretty hazy line of reasoning... specially coming from an anonymous blue-face.

Comment ID #3955921201 at 06/22/2018 09:27 am:

theJimster commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

So true. On a similar note, we had AdWords specialists calling our clients directly to say that we (the agency) have incorrectly setup geo-targeting settings, when in fact, the new interface just isn't interpreting what we have set in the old interface. The last thing we need are "specialists", who have no understanding of the actual business, calling our clients directly and trying to provide "optimizations" and giving our clients the idea that the agency they hired is screwing up. I have generally good experiences with the AdWords specialists who pay attention to our larger accounts. The "help" I receive from those specialists assigned to the smaller accounts is horrendous.

Comment ID #3955913967 at 06/22/2018 09:21 am:

Lyndon NA commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

It's not just that they don't know ... it's that they don't seem able to find the Google Docs, or are unable to use Google Search as well :( Personally I find it irritating that Googlers are now "available" on Twitter to answer such dross - when I was in the forums begging them to come and wade in on a Real Problem that was impacting a Real Business! I'd much rather see Gary and JM and the others spend just 1 hour a week handling legitimate problems for legitimate people, instead of answering 10 stupid questions from people taking money for stuff they don't know!

Comment ID #3955911428 at 06/22/2018 09:19 am:

ScamWords commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

So you get paid to clean up their mess? In other words, the people you are moaning about are paying your wages indirectly.

Comment ID #3955905915 at 06/22/2018 09:15 am:

Sasch commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

I'm one of the guys who perpetually has to clean up after clueless SEOs wreck their clients' businesses, and I'm tired of so-called 'professionals' asking patently stupid questions. If you're still learning, cool... no problem. But if you call yourself an "SEO Surgeon" and you come out with stuff like this, then you're fair game. And no amount of coffee or kittens is going to change that...

Comment ID #3955873620 at 06/22/2018 08:50 am:

Caleb Schmidt commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

Dude, maybe go get a cup of coffee or pet a kitten or something...

Comment ID #3955866721 at 06/22/2018 08:44 am:

IvanDrago commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

Been slowly getting used to the new one, not sure if it's just changes for the sake of it. I do think it makes setting up display & video campaigns a bit better though.

Comment ID #3955859587 at 06/22/2018 08:38 am:

Ragnar commented on Google Says Keyword Stuffing Should Not Warrant Removal From Search Index

I agree with not removing them from the index, but what I don't get is how pages like that rank regardless. I'm seeing sites with about 4 x that amount of keyword stuffing staying right at the top for years. Put them on the second page at least!?

Comment ID #3955845231 at 06/22/2018 08:25 am:

Jonathan Hatton commented on Google Algorithm Update Signals & Chatter

If you have Yoast installed you may have been affected by the latest update bug.

Comment ID #3955825356 at 06/22/2018 08:05 am:

Milad Shooli commented on Google Algorithm Update Signals & Chatter

All of my content websites has been increased in traffic.I think the major focus of this algo is about content side! i'm happy by the way!!

Comment ID #3955808213 at 06/22/2018 07:48 am:

Sasch commented on Using The Meta Keywords Tag Won't Cause A Google Penalty

So here we go again, with SEO "Eggspurts" (or in this case an 'SEO Surgeon') coming at Google asking the most basic of questions. I've lost track of the number of times various Googlers have categorically stated "We do not use the keywords meta tag for anything." This goes back to September 2009, with an official blog post (https://goo.gl/wZrsZZ) in which Matt Cutts states: "Our web search disregards keyword metatags completely." And yet, this is something which has been rearing its ugly head several times a year ever since. It's like clockwork, or Groundhog Day, or something. If only there was this site where SEOs can go to ask questions and get answers for stuff like this. Seriously... What is it about SEOs that makes them so hideously inflexible and unable to learn, in what is essentially one of the fastest evolving professional sectors? Once again, the question is: "If he doesn't know this, what else does he not know? And how is his ignorance going to affect his clients' sites?"

Comment ID #3955738949 at 06/22/2018 06:23 am:

Jenni commented on Google PageSpeed Insights Unavailable Notice

I am facing the same problem on different sites e.g https://www.androidxapk.com/ or https://www.accounting-coach.com/ how to get rid of this problem... please help admin

Comment ID #3955644983 at 06/22/2018 03:45 am:

Bob commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

Presumably this means the old Keyword Planner will no longer be available too? That'll be highly frustrating as the new one is fairly useless in comparison, with a limit of three keywords at a time and no ability to opt out of "closely related" terms which means the results you do get are often not what you're looking for.

Comment ID #3955536553 at 06/22/2018 12:38 am:

Global Solutions commented on Google PageSpeed Insights Now Aggregates Speed Data For Whole Site In Origin Command

They are updating algorithms each week and it seems that it cost a very much to large audience but i think there must be so provision to provide solution for improvements. well can you answer that these results are relative to Website Traffic? because as per your updates it raising the question to which guys need to take care of website like developers or website seo optimization team because my website it 100% perfect according to developers and also same from seo team.

Comment ID #3955521473 at 06/22/2018 12:14 am:

kodaz commented on Google Shutting Down Old AdWords Interface On July 10th For Some Advertisers

The email we received was much more ominous. https://youtu.be/B3FE79Py2zk It seems to indicate that all existing accounts in our MCC will be switched in July with no option to go back, and all new account as well. I originally reported that Google had announced in May that it would be the end of 2018.... boy was I wrong! :)