RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #4862700945 at 04/05/2020 10:11 pm:

Granjacia commented on March 10th: A Possible Google Search Algorithm Update

Comment ID #4862403206 at 04/05/2020 05:22 pm:

Coffee commented on Google Says Many Searchers Search Visually But Aren't Looking For The Image

It is exactly the way I use Google Images :)

Comment ID #4860836482 at 04/04/2020 12:47 pm:

Carolyn Hajnasiewicz commented on Google Allows Restaurants Add Delivery Available Or Takeout Available To Business Name

email from Google Support indicates for grocery this goes against Google quality guidelines. Would have been terrifically helpful to the grocery industry but I guess I will use posts to communicate with our audiences

Comment ID #4860532069 at 04/04/2020 07:42 am:

Khartik commented on Google Says Singular & Plural Words Can Be Different Keywords

I am confused over whether i should use singular or plural keywords. I have used both in my website https://www.sentientlight.com But in title and description , i have used plural only. But rankings are there for singular keywords also but not good compared to plural. I prefer plural though. I was thinking if we mix both singular and plural in content then both will rank better. Any suggestions !!!

Comment ID #4860432402 at 04/04/2020 04:52 am:

Udo Leinhäuser commented on Google Search Team Very Strict With Google's Internal SEO Team

That's really interesting....Google runs it's own SEO department... Maybe they are looking for higher Bing rankings... :-)

Comment ID #4860402194 at 04/04/2020 03:55 am:

George Philip commented on Google's Index Bug With Pages Being De-Indexed Is Almost Resolved

It hasn't been fully resolved. I have this issue with almost 70% of my pages. www.betechwise.com. You all should please let Google know about the issue again. It's reoccurred.

Comment ID #4860323427 at 04/04/2020 01:19 am:

Mr Afzal commented on Video: Google Algorithm Update, COVID-19 Search Changes & Google SEO Topics

Hope this corona issue may over soon .. Many life and business are suffers most. We want our Old World Back

Comment ID #4859991281 at 04/03/2020 06:31 pm:

Sian commented on When Forum Moderators Go Bad

There is something I have to say here. I used to be a regular poster on a forum. One of my fellow posters took a dislike to me. Often, when I posted he'd always respond with a sarcastic ridiculing comment. I gave as good as I got. One year, they revamped the forum after one of their members was trolled. Not long after, I was banned from the forum for three weeks after calling a fictional character a 'b,****'. The ban was accompanied by a telling off in which I was advised not to be so 'insulting'. Three or four months later, another poster also called the character a b****. He/she was not banned. Earlier the year I got tired of one poster's repeated moans about a movie character they hated. I told the poster to 'please put a sock in it.' The forum moderator immediately took this comment of mine down and 'warned' me against consequences if I spoke like this to another poster again. Apparently I should have reported them instead. I'm no tattle tale. I quit the forum. Guess what? It turns out the moderator was my old Mr Sarcastic poster. I've logged out and won't be posting again.

Comment ID #4859732036 at 04/03/2020 03:06 pm:

Joshua David Tobler commented on Google Says Spammers Would Love To Know Which Links It Labels As Spam

That's as straightforward as they've ever been, I guess.

Comment ID #4859195015 at 04/03/2020 08:06 am:

Olivier Andrieu commented on Bing Testing New Logo With Curves

April fool day!

Comment ID #4858683587 at 04/02/2020 07:30 pm:

Charles Yamut commented on Google Featured Snippets Not In Position One

It's gone now. 😅

Comment ID #4858059816 at 04/02/2020 11:32 am:

Joanna commented on Google Search Volatility & Fluctuations Super Weird

All the sites I manage at the moment (all B2B) DA's have dropped. However I have seen no drop in rankings. Could this be due to the algorithm changes?

Comment ID #4857855454 at 04/02/2020 08:52 am:

@Michael_Martinez commented on Google Says Many Searchers Search Visually But Aren't Looking For The Image

Oh, I've been doing it all wrong, then. Because when I do a visual search the image usually IS what I am looking for.

Comment ID #4857828114 at 04/02/2020 08:24 am:

Sharon Hoyes commented on Google Posts With COVID-19 Updates

Do you know if this will remove the "Hours or services may differ due to COVID-19" warning in GMB. We are available & fully functioning by phone during all those same hours. Is it possible to remove this?

Comment ID #4857825593 at 04/02/2020 08:22 am:

John A. User commented on Google Search Volatility & Fluctuations Super Weird

Barry, are you receiving more or less at the moment?

Comment ID #4857556139 at 04/02/2020 01:14 am:

Ashwin commented on Google Featured Snippets With YouTube Timestamp Links

This is great! So how to optimise for this? If you have figured it out pls share

Comment ID #4856515280 at 04/01/2020 09:41 am:

snuffy commented on Google Helping Official Health Organizations Become More Visible In Google Search

There are too many wannabes writing medical content. Google needs to get a lot more strict about what sites are able to rank for medical advice.

Comment ID #4856484629 at 04/01/2020 09:14 am:

tobstar commented on Vlog Episode #59: Dawn Anderson On Google BERT & What It Really Means

I love Dawn, the presentation she did on BERT was incredible. Go read it if you haven't yet. She helped me understand exactly what BERT is, how it works and how we can use it. In simple speak. It's clear she has a real passion for IR. I also love that she's a northern lass, famed for their honest, comedy and no nonsense approve to life. Lovely to see a New Yorker try and get a word in when chatting with one! Great stuff Barry. Thank you.

Comment ID #4856351547 at 04/01/2020 06:46 am:

rocketprep commented on Google Search Volatility & Fluctuations Super Weird

Seems the cause is massive changes of searchers' queries. COVID and other trends affect the algorithms. So we need time to correct our SEO tactics.

Comment ID #4856208153 at 04/01/2020 02:40 am:

Fix Apple Mail commented on Googlers Can Look Up Internal PageRank But Toolbar PageRank Is Gone

Why do you ask private corporations to fix your issues? In Europe we have governments to do that! Was it about health? Yeah, we also have universal healthcare! Asking private corporations to solve universal societal problems is so...Merican.

Comment ID #4856207042 at 04/01/2020 02:38 am:

Why would Google help just 5% of the entire Earth?

Comment ID #4856116359 at 03/31/2020 11:54 pm:

AdastraSEO commented on Googlers Can Look Up Internal PageRank But Toolbar PageRank Is Gone

I don't think anyone cares about your Pagerank right now. Google, get your filthy rich hands in your pocket, out and help the very Americans who made you. Not with free clicks, but with hard cash!

Comment ID #4856062367 at 03/31/2020 10:38 pm:

Paper Chaser commented on Google Search Volatility & Fluctuations Super Weird

Yup ive seen that as well.. for long time to..

Comment ID #4855400483 at 03/31/2020 01:03 pm:

enbeeone3 commented on Google Search Volatility & Fluctuations Super Weird

I see more than 100% growth in my lifestyle blog since march 23. I am not sure if it is due to algo update or user's behavior during this pandemic.

Comment ID #4855273391 at 03/31/2020 11:32 am:

Meredith Anderson Tolleson commented on Vlog Episode #58: Kevin Doory on Local SEO vs Traditional SEO & Google My Business

Where do you find out which questions your competitors are answering/not answering?

Comment ID #4855262595 at 03/31/2020 11:24 am:

Richard Anderson commented on Googlers Can Look Up Internal PageRank But Toolbar PageRank Is Gone

You're messing up my clearly well thought out comment. I could just delete it but I'll let my stupidity live on.

Comment ID #4855256645 at 03/31/2020 11:20 am:

RyanMJones commented on Googlers Can Look Up Internal PageRank But Toolbar PageRank Is Gone

A light year is a measure of distance, not time, isn't it?

Comment ID #4855252660 at 03/31/2020 11:16 am:

Yeah but keep them limited to list of 10k. He'll respond in 1 day to 1 light-year so please be patient.

Comment ID #4855220167 at 03/31/2020 10:51 am:

Forthrightt commented on Google Search Volatility & Fluctuations Super Weird

I'm not seeing increases at all in law and gov't vertical. Lower overall traffic and lower conversions. A recession is here and depression is coming... No one should be seeing increases in traffic or revenue right now except for verticals like food & bev, games etc