RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #3656260153 at 12/10/2017 06:38 pm:

Derek Booth commented on Google Testing Mobile Search Interface With Few Organic Results & No Next Page Button

We have changed a lot of what we did for years and have found other sources of converting traffic, the most important thing is what converts and not what drives traffic. Nobody is too big to mess up!

Comment ID #3654875788 at 12/09/2017 05:44 pm:

Graham Gibson commented on The New Google Finance Has Launched

Clearly everyone thinks the new site sucks and it does. The original, which was awesome, is still available as of this moment. I have translated all my portfolio to the Windows Explorer version which has much more data but isn't as good as the Google original but has many of the features. Charts/dividend ratio/ etc. If MS has any sense they will capitalize on this stupid decision by Google.

Comment ID #3654573196 at 12/09/2017 02:04 pm:

Alex Zorach commented on Google AdSense Ad Balance Feature Will Collapse Unfilled Ad Slots

There's nothing wrong with empty space. I think there can be a benefit in terms of user experience to see empty space rather than an irrelevant or bad-looking ad.

Comment ID #3654319376 at 12/09/2017 11:45 am:

billslawski commented on Ammon Johns: The Search Community Honors You

Having had the good fortune to be a co-administrator with Ammon in the Cre8asiteforums days, it was a tremendous opportunity to learn something new from him almost daily. Not only knowledge about how the search engines worked, but also how you could apply thought and creativity to campaigns that you might run on behalf of clients. It was that inspiration that opened my eyes to possibilities that people marketing businesses could achieve. Ammon has shown us how marketing can be a strong aspect of SEO, and how to find ways to stand out, and build your own personal brand.

Comment ID #3654311341 at 12/09/2017 11:39 am:

Coach Levi commented on Google Yoga Pose Aligned With Building Lights

You're right Barry, it's pretty cool! (I'm a photographer and my girlfriend is a yoga teacher, so I feel like I can provide an expert opinion here!) :)

Comment ID #3654066606 at 12/09/2017 07:46 am:

finnich commented on Google Search Algorithm Update February 7th Likely

so this is the life cycle of new comers and toppers who are like going up and down in the SERPS and Google wants to give change to "every one" to take the benefit of their search engine by spending $$$ from various Google mediums.

Comment ID #3654039594 at 12/09/2017 07:08 am:

datflyingturtle commented on When Forum Moderators Go Bad

YES. I was very passive in most of my comments when I tried to defend other users from CM, but when I read the names CM reposted like "Faggots on Ice" etc., I HAD to comment. It did not sit well with me. It was purely done out of their homophobic nature because they told me themselves "homosexuals should go die." I basically told them that it was not very welcoming, and was wrong, and to maybe not be so mean when they tell people to go die because people who are seriously depressed could take that to heart, and then CM literally said, "I will gladly give you a box cutter so you can end your life quicker. People like you deserve to die and I would love to be a part of that." The most outrageous thing was that he had multiple upvotes. For him to be a mod, and to promote this kind of behaviour is fucking outrageous. I read up on Disqus' FAQ rules and he broke all of the harassment and gender-race issue and offenses to groups of people. I reported him to Disqus and they said they'll "look into him" but yeah right. =_=

Comment ID #3654033577 at 12/09/2017 06:59 am:

datflyingturtle commented on When Forum Moderators Go Bad

Ew. That same mod told me they'd gladly assist in my suicide just because I told them renaming the anime "Yuri on Ice" to "Faggots on ice" and other intentional mean names because they were homophobic was not very welcoming for other users.

Comment ID #3653901551 at 12/09/2017 02:58 am:

Love is in the air commented on Google Supports Audiobook Schema?

Let's connect, lol

Comment ID #3653812275 at 12/09/2017 12:23 am:

Rydal Williams commented on Google Responds To Blog Bribes Saying It Can Lead To Search Penalties

paying other high pr website to add your website link in their content is a very common way people think to rank their websites higher in google search results. But getting a google ranking with organic ways is the best way.

Comment ID #3653573689 at 12/08/2017 08:03 pm:

Robert Brown Farley commented on Ammon Johns: The Search Community Honors You

Ammon, my friend, greatly deserved recognition as a pioneering trailblazer from the 90's, and as someone still moving forward. It isn't all about the documents, certificates, placards, or trophies.

Comment ID #3653533461 at 12/08/2017 07:42 pm:

Doc Sheldon commented on Ammon Johns: The Search Community Honors You

Loving this series, Barry! Again, you've honored one of our gang who richly deserves it. Ammon, my friend, congratulations - not so much to you as to those of us who are fortunate enough to know you.

Comment ID #3653446247 at 12/08/2017 06:22 pm:

Ammon Johns commented on Ammon Johns: The Search Community Honors You

Wait! I'm human?!

Comment ID #3653414871 at 12/08/2017 05:56 pm:

alanbleiweiss commented on Ammon Johns: The Search Community Honors You

Well deserved! Ammon is a great source of advanced knowledge in our industry, and a great human.

Comment ID #3653211820 at 12/08/2017 03:34 pm:

Only_The_Penitent_Man commented on Google Responds To Blog Bribes Saying It Can Lead To Search Penalties

It's entirely possible that these businesses paying for mentions in articles aren't doing it for the SEO link juice value. If the links are nofollow but on DA 100 sites then they will get significant traffic that could convert into a lead or sale or whatever.

Comment ID #3653168712 at 12/08/2017 03:06 pm:

Ozair Akhtar commented on Google Supports Audiobook Schema?

Thanks man. I put up a request to join your community. Kindly accept it :)

Comment ID #3653164352 at 12/08/2017 03:03 pm:

Ozair Akhtar commented on Google AdWords Now Refreshes The Auction Insights & Impression Share Data More Often

I think adwords has recently update it's UI of adwords campaign panel? Any more updates?

Comment ID #3653125591 at 12/08/2017 02:39 pm:

Kim Krause Berg commented on Kim Krause Berg: The Search Community Honors You

Awe...thank you! I truly missed hanging out with you at PubCon. One of these days I'll get to one again. It's been fascinating getting Cre8asiteforums back. Just learning the new software (I had it upgraded) has been fun...ha ha.

Comment ID #3653056558 at 12/08/2017 01:56 pm:

Happy Slappy commented on Google Responds To Blog Bribes Saying It Can Lead To Search Penalties

Google won't do anything.

Comment ID #3652903893 at 12/08/2017 12:21 pm:

Aaron Bradley commented on Google Supports Audiobook Schema?

Thanks Ozair! FYI I and Jarno van Driel and I run a G+ Community around structured data that's very active. Check it out: http://bit.ly/semsearch

Comment ID #3652876354 at 12/08/2017 12:04 pm:

Jenny Halasz commented on Kim Krause Berg: The Search Community Honors You

Cre8asiteforums helped me so much when I was a newbie. I finally got the chance to spend some time with Kim this year, and found she's just as down to earth and kind as I always thought. Kim, thank you for everything you've done and still do for the SEO community. Congrats on buying the forum back - can't wait to see what's next for it!

Comment ID #3652850049 at 12/08/2017 11:47 am:

Gossip Cop commented on Google Responds To Blog Bribes Saying It Can Lead To Search Penalties

I sincerely hope they're all penalized. We bust our chops every day, creating unique content and debunking inaccurate reports about celebrities through scrupulous business practices and fact-checking -- only to be sometimes nudged out of coveted spots in search by several of those outlets listed. Added to that is we have an uphill battle because certain big outlets we debunk will never link to us since we repeatedly correct/embarrass them for inaccurate stories. I know people on these types of sites like to slag Google, but I applaud them for making the effort.

Comment ID #3652844141 at 12/08/2017 11:43 am:

Grammy Winner Taylor Swift commented on Google Defends Inaccurate Mount Agung Eruption Stories

Danny Sullivan with some good ol' fashioned mansplaining.

Comment ID #3652825067 at 12/08/2017 11:32 am:

Ozair Akhtar commented on Google Says Read More AMP Links Can Go To Read More HTML Pages

Can you help me understand this? Like for example I have a page that has more than 2000+ words of content present on it. While using AMP Tags, I showed them only 500 words of content on an AMP page and add a button to read more on the regular responsive HTML page. So, John states that you should place a canonical tag on it. Right? I need to know which page needs to be canonicalized? AMP one or the responsive HTML one?

Comment ID #3652818563 at 12/08/2017 11:28 am:

Ozair Akhtar commented on Google Supports Audiobook Schema?

This sounds cool to me. I am seeing more and more things looming around: Schema.org AMP Analytics Aaron Bradley, I am now a big fan of yours. Looking to learn a lot from you :) Let's connect.

Comment ID #3652804521 at 12/08/2017 11:19 am:

Kim Krause Berg commented on Kim Krause Berg: The Search Community Honors You

It is my honor to write for your website and getting to know you has been wonderful. Thank you very much Doc!

Comment ID #3652802856 at 12/08/2017 11:18 am:

Kim Krause Berg commented on Kim Krause Berg: The Search Community Honors You

Wow! This means the world to me coming from you. You were there at my beginnings. Thank you so much.

Comment ID #3652708827 at 12/08/2017 10:19 am:

Peter Parker commented on Google Responds To Blog Bribes Saying It Can Lead To Search Penalties

The short answer is they won't. The longer answer is that they have a general idea of how things interconnect and eventually when one spammy site is caught red-handed for selling or buying links, they can reverse engineer what other sites are in that network. It's like cheating on your taxes. The IRS won't catch you probably. But once they see that something is off you are getting audited and it's on you to prove you never cheated.

Comment ID #3652703287 at 12/08/2017 10:17 am:

Is that secretly why Barry has a blog? But on a serious note, let's not toss accusations around or Barry will get upset and stop covering SEO. Then how the heck are we gonna get our news?

Comment ID #3652696909 at 12/08/2017 10:14 am:

Peter Parker commented on Google Defends Inaccurate Mount Agung Eruption Stories

If only we could use machine learning to discredit click bait in search...