Recent Comments

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Sayani96 commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
Incredible...the SERP is nonsensical
Comment ID #6509181268 07/21/2024 07:07 pm
A reason my posts never got indexed since Sept 2023, those posts were of better quality than the previous ones. The previous ones still indexed, but not newer ones, and since September 2023 I haven't posted any new content.
Comment ID #6509179890 07/21/2024 07:07 pm
TheNewNormal commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
And just as worthless.
Comment ID #6509172100 07/21/2024 07:07 pm
Joe commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
My favourite thing: Submitting an URL in search console. Bet it fckn doesn't appear in the SERPs, however search console states it's indexed. Even the images from these pages doesn't appear. Old, never submitted, nearly empty pages indexed, but new, carefully created pages/articles doesn't appear, even if there isn't big competition. It seems like google affraid that these pages will get traffic because there are no competitors around it.
Comment ID #6509170106 07/21/2024 07:07 pm
Djana Wokulu commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
The current rankings are weird. The new ranking system them put in place last year seems almost random. The good thing is that you cannot easily manipulate random, but the downside is your rankings seem random, which is not necessarily what users want. I still believe that they will switch back to something that makes sense at some point.
Comment ID #6509146199 07/21/2024 06:07 pm
UncleKrusty commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
Na, the update tomorrow will be called the "Biden Dropout Update."
Comment ID #6509142693 07/21/2024 06:07 pm
The190IQ_Equalizer commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
the point is AI can't write similar articles cause it lacks sentience the catch is that similar articles don't monetize well and u need 1 mill views to make money but ultimately the old methods are dead
Comment ID #6509131522 07/21/2024 06:07 pm
konki commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
tomorrow is going to be july core update📌
Comment ID #6509128133 07/21/2024 06:07 pm
DataDonkey commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
Looks like the example site you mentioned has been established/running for 15 years and allows comments to create a sense of community to bring users back. Fact checking stories is another plus for visitor retention and brand loyalty. They would likely survive I'm sure, but with less traffic from Google trying to gobble it all up.
Comment ID #6509079483 07/21/2024 05:07 pm
pyroq90 commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
When you were a good site, but from July 17th the Mumbai algorithm decided that you were bad) https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/55337c560ec027912117c6a99872ae9efadff0a163a649085907f777150b6f00.png
Comment ID #6509079446 07/21/2024 05:07 pm
Bobby commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
I wrote that by the way. I could beat AI obviously. But I can't match its output. That's the point. You will complain less when you realize your production potential.
Comment ID #6509071786 07/21/2024 05:07 pm
Jewish Cat Who Does S̶E̶O̶ commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
Damn, thanks for the share. Good share.
Comment ID #6509062748 07/21/2024 04:07 pm
sites that are not answer based (e.g., listverse.com) but trigger curiosity and the like could survive since AI can't really replace them AI has no sense of irony, modesty, mystery...etc. But it can juggle basic info and therefore replace answer site at least theoretically but the classifier is simply way TOO BRUTAL for it to be a "mistake" it's a super-preplanned murder weapon
Comment ID #6509051175 07/21/2024 04:07 pm
<blockquote>any site that is essentially a question answering site based on the queries in the search box will not recover</blockquote>I don&#x27;t think recovery will ever occur either. Google ranks Redshit now, but Google has already stole the answers and date from our sites to display in AI Overlords. All info sites are doomed, even Redshit once their contract with Google ends.
Comment ID #6509048556 07/21/2024 04:07 pm
I have been learning AI for the past week. Chatbots have changed everything. Writers are now editors. The change tech professionals said was coming? It&#x27;s already here for websites. AI will change everything. It already is. You&#x27;re now the editor of AI written content. When John Mueller says what value are you adding, he&#x27;s asking what are you giving to the internet that it doesn&#x27;t have already? That&#x27;s why they also say that they delete what they already have. The game has changed. A lot of the content on websites is not even close to what chatbots create. You have the chance to fill websites with the content people are using chatbots to find. They&#x27;re letting you do it. They want you to steal the content back from the chatbots that they stole from you. You aren&#x27;t just Jennifer Lopez anymore. You are Jennifer Lopez in Atlas. You have Smith already. I haven&#x27;t got time to explain anymore. You either get it or you don&#x27;t. The world has changed. I have to create content or die. Good luck to you yaz. You&#x27;ll need it. We all will. When Google says it will delete content too similar to something it already has, it&#x27;s not that they can&#x27;t understand how you deserve the right to create the content, as some SEOs suggest. It&#x27;s because the production capacity has increased so much that they aren&#x27;t going to fuck around with it anymore. Before it was 10 similar articles. With AI, it could be 5,000. And AI has gotten so good, that Google isn&#x27;t going to pretend to guess which is better. Your success comes from your ideas now. What can you tell Smith to do? https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d14899a8a4a6e8f3b0b78aedd91cd56247d545d0d37376fede1976abc868c925.jpg
Comment ID #6509041146 07/21/2024 04:07 pm
any site that is essentially a question answering site based on the queries in the search box will not recover (spam and some black hat stuff are not included) it&#x27;s by design - those are the very sites that can be replaced by reddit and forums also, independent review sites will not recover either so, if you were one of the two or both, I don&#x27;t think recovery is possible in the foreseeable future - like at least 1 year <b>the classifier is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY aggressive </b>towards similar sites and DOESN&#x27;T SLEEP it&#x27;s like some vindictive SOB that takes amphetamines to never sleep as well as pain killers for his hemorrhoid&#x27;s so that he can stay in front of your house and monitor every move you make FFS, even the images of our sites were erased from Google I bet that the new core update will either reinforce that or simply do nothing
Comment ID #6509041067 07/21/2024 04:07 pm
Just like Google&#x27;s BS mission statement, &quot;Google’s mission is to organize the world&#x27;s information and make it universally accessible and useful,&quot; all of these high profile platforms seek to trap users in an ocean of ad spam. Their aim is to erect walls of impenetrable ads to separate users from information, and in Google&#x27;s case distort that information by willfully stealing our content and spinning it with AI Overlords. Edit: So Pinterest dumps millions into buying ads to make it appear their traffic is rising. Google does the same with bad SERPS and People Also Pisser boxes to make it look like the number of search queries is growing. From these big platforms it&#x27;s all games, obfuscation and lies. I just can&#x27;t wait to see it all come crumbling down on them, and that will happen when users realize those platforms they love have been scamming them all along.
Comment ID #6509021862 07/21/2024 03:07 pm
snuffy commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
I can post one positive comment... I see fewer &quot;product review sites&quot; in the <u><b>organic</b></u> SERPs these days compared to a year ago. I used to see two or more product reviews on the first SERP of many product queries that I watch. Google still seems to rank some of product reviews high in the SERPs - but not like during the days when they were in love with them. I personally believe that somebody had a skunk works running 24/7 that produced product review pages with affiliate links to Amazon. They probably got rich the first month. Google seems to have killed a lot of those pages - but there are still more than I want to see.
Comment ID #6509020841 07/21/2024 03:07 pm
One WallStreet firm reports that Pinterest is ad-spamming and reporting &quot;cherry-picked&quot; data to cover poor performance. <a href="https://grizzlyreports.com/we-believe-pinterest-inc-nyse-pins-is-in-a-death-spiral-but-misleadingly-doctors-its-terrible-performance-statistics/">https://grizzlyreports.com/we-believe-pinterest-inc-nyse-pins-is-in-a-death-spiral-but-misleadingly-doctors-its-terrible-performance-statistics/</a>
Comment ID #6509015489 07/21/2024 03:07 pm
Jeff Higgins commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
I feel ya, I think people need to realise that these companies are the piper and the piper needs to be paid. I don&#x27;t wanna pay any of them but at this point it&#x27;s pay up or piss off.
Comment ID #6508998577 07/21/2024 03:07 pm
It&#x27;s been 3 yrs only for me i left the corporate world😂😂😂, Im not returning no matter what. Ill invest my savings into another business, but cant digest tantrums prevalent in the corporate world
Comment ID #6508994205 07/21/2024 03:07 pm
how do you generate traffic to an info site on insta, lol facebook - ok, but insta - lol
Comment ID #6508987428 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
snuffy commented on Google's Advice On Understanding If Your SEO Team Is Doing Their Job
I think... most SEO marketers were educated in the schools of link exchange, directory submissions, and guest blogging. Their shite isn&#x27;t going to work because it isn&#x27;t going to work. And, these days you can have the absolute best SEO on the planet and they can&#x27;t get your site to rank - even if they is a magician - because positions in the organic SERPs are stirred twice daily and stuff that floats to the top is spooned off and thrown down the sink. <i>Snuffy ponders if &quot;they&quot; gets the singular verb or the plural verb -- especially if &quot;they&quot; is one person? Using &quot;they is&quot; might be the dialect of my geographic location while &quot;they are&quot; might suggest my search for better grammar is incomplete. I hate to just use what feels best when it hits my ear. What do you think?</i>
Comment ID #6508985468 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
pinterest stock is doing well in the last years i doubt google hates them that much but pinterest sucks for HCU-killed sites it only works for architexture and other stuff info sites don&#x27;t do well there unless you plan on doing 10k pin for 200 visits a month also pinterest can also flip its shit algo any second
Comment ID #6508984064 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
Sometimes I wonder do Googlers secretly follow IS and decide to pin &quot;Pinterest&quot; to the &quot;maybe penalise?&quot; board. I&#x27;m sure many have switched to Pinterest or some other platforms to salvage their traffic. Today I checked the stats again and Pinterest is hit further. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/86faa6cca294e4ed92faaa3a2aa14bd6e288580986c668dd116795ebdbdfb087.png From 957 million on 17 July to 820 million today. That&#x27;s 14%+ now. Yesterday I posted that it was 11%... I wouldn&#x27;t be surprised if it gets even worse in the coming days. What&#x27;s even sadder is Pinterest has been doing a lot of paid traffic since they were hit on 8th of May. Their paid traffic numbers was only 315K then. Now it is 1.1 million. And now that they are hit, they may have to scale up and increase their ad budget further. This is just sick.
Comment ID #6508981732 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
I don&#x27;t want to be mean, but that line, &quot;leaders statistically old enough to be dead,&quot; 🤣🤣🤣is funny; I laughed so hard the moment I read it.
Comment ID #6508976231 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
True to my case, just the same since March and this was done on purpose
Comment ID #6508975126 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
Golden Phoenix commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update & Volatility Around July 18th
Yup. Same problem. Even today, I have seen like 6 completely different versions of the SERP in my niche within 3 hours. It&#x27;s a joke.
Comment ID #6508974843 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
I don&#x27;t know the country you are from. Still, I agree with your opinion that young leaders are essential for understanding the current situation affecting the lives of people, particularly the young generation. This is one of the burning problems in almost every country around the globe: people with whom we have a generation gap fail to realize the issues prevalent in society and the measures that should be adopted to address them. However, nothing happens in the way we want the nation&#x27;s political scenario to be. I&#x27;m not saying that people above 50 aren&#x27;t good enough to play their roles as leaders. Yet, there&#x27;s a necessity for assigning people of different age groups to various positions to address WHAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. That way, it would solve many issues, but as I said, getting things done at a national and international level is beyond our powers, especially when we want it at an individualized level.
Comment ID #6508974636 07/21/2024 02:07 pm
I think we are all trying different things. I am no fan of Meta, Pinterest owners, Google, but people are kidding themselves if they think money can&#x27;t be made on these sites. Is it great? No. Am I happy about it? No. But it buys me time until I find another solution. If a half decent position was available that made sense, I would consider it. But how do you go back to the corporate world after 18 years?
Comment ID #6508974327 07/21/2024 02:07 pm

Popular Categories

The Pulse of the search community

Search Video Recaps

Google Core Update Coming, Ranking Volatility, Bye Search Notes, AI Overviews, Ads &amp; More - YouTube
Video Details More Videos Subscribe to Videos