RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #5862406579 at 05/19/2022 09:01 pm:

Ross commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

You obviously troll on Quora, Amazon and sponsored content websites to have such a high opinion of Google search results, and now you target SEO forums as well.

Comment ID #5862406462 at 05/19/2022 09:01 pm:

snuffy commented on The Industry Mourns The Loss Of Bill Slawski

Thank you Bill for all of the questions that you answered so generously in forums, for the Saturday morning calls, all of the patents you summarized, and everything that you taught me. You were a wonderful person. Thank you so much!

Comment ID #5862404882 at 05/19/2022 08:58 pm:

Gio commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

I agree. I don't understand what Google is looking for. What they say and what shows in SERPS are two different things. My traffic went down over 30% in February. I have since been working non-stop updating old content. I got traffic back to and above where it was. Also, I updated the theme to fully responsive, Gutenberg optimized, Studio Press theme. I was using an HTML 5 Studio Press theme. The site was faster, rendering properly in mobile. Content was improved. And yesterday my traffic dropped 40%. I'm furious. I'm back lower than 3 months ago. I look at articles above me and they are often thin content. I know many of them are using PBN's because the content is garbage. I give up. Who is Google to act as if their algorithm is what we all should be trying to satisfy. Who made Google the ultimate authority on content. Meanwhile Google is extracting all of our content to the search page so people don't have to go to our site and read our articles. We supply the information that Google profits from and it's only getting worse. And yet Google wants to tell us how to create content. Tell us Mr.Google how to create content so it's structured exactly the way you nees it to extract it to your SERPS. What a mess. Am I the only one who feels this way. I've read other comments who see the the nonsense taking place. Google is playing us us for fools.

Comment ID #5862404108 at 05/19/2022 08:57 pm:

Ross commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

You are being sarcastic, aren't you?

Comment ID #5862391885 at 05/19/2022 08:37 pm:

Brian commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

My site had a good surge in rankings/traffic/impressions on Sunday and Monday... then I wake up this morning and I'm seeing majority of my keywords moved way down from 1st page of SERP's-- huge drop. No idea why. Fingers crossed there will be a reversal coming... but honestly I'm just getting really tired of the extreme volatility when not much has changed on my end. (In fact, my site quality has been steadily improving for a long time... but google doesn't appear to really be looking at that.) SEO is a terrible way to build a business!

Comment ID #5862347143 at 05/19/2022 07:23 pm:

Chris G commented on Google Won't Be Hiding News Behind Paywalls

There have been extensions made for this purpose, but Google has destroyed them

Comment ID #5862339019 at 05/19/2022 07:11 pm:

Denie Nataprawira commented on Google Changes Universal Analytics Real Time Reports To "In Last 5 Minutes"

that means, its not REALTIME... its the LAST 5 MINUTES.... So instead, i am now using www.web-stat.com for the real time visitor. its wayyyyyyy better than google :)

Comment ID #5862316005 at 05/19/2022 06:34 pm:

Barry Schwartz commented on The Industry Mourns The Loss Of Bill Slawski

Fun fact, the photos Go Fish shared, I was actually sitting right next to him at a conference... He was on my left. I will miss Bill. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/bad2ce145799e088721941eae4fa12e62ddb91af644d691aec1bb3a3443180bb.jpg

Comment ID #5862308621 at 05/19/2022 06:22 pm:

Bruce Clay commented on The Industry Mourns The Loss Of Bill Slawski

Wow. Sad to hear. He was certainly a great friend to the industry and will be missed.

Comment ID #5862260869 at 05/19/2022 05:16 pm:

Shane Ryans commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

I can't figure out if your a google employee who drank the Google Kool-Aid, or just trolling?

Comment ID #5862194598 at 05/19/2022 04:06 pm:

John A. User commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

Google needs to respect webmasters, respect their work and not turn sites in Image CDNs or lift content. I bet that photo isn't actually you, you found it somewhere. I do go to work like this...

Comment ID #5862169025 at 05/19/2022 03:39 pm:

Cobra Kai commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

Anyone shilling this hard for Google definitely knows all about the meaning of suck. Try not to choke on sucking down your next soy latte, among other things.

Comment ID #5862125815 at 05/19/2022 02:54 pm:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

What a load of old...

Comment ID #5862125109 at 05/19/2022 02:54 pm:

Traffic hit a new all-time low on Monday but has improved exponentially last couple of days. Today started off well, with lots of traffic in the early hours, but since everyone got out of bed it's been horrific (conversion wise).

Comment ID #5862110961 at 05/19/2022 02:40 pm:

malzeri83 commented on Microsoft Bing Autocomplete Search Bar With Trending, Related & People Also Ask

Bing is very cool with pop-up various results. In general I'm sad that it is not so popular.

Comment ID #5862109973 at 05/19/2022 02:39 pm:

malzeri83 commented on Google's John Mueller Can See Search Spam In Multiple Languages

So mistical power is Google Translate I use already more than 7 years in my life? Wow!

Comment ID #5861961498 at 05/19/2022 12:10 pm:

Nenaking commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

What damage. They are working on a core update which is causing a few minor issues but Google always delivers quality results no matter what

Comment ID #5861948203 at 05/19/2022 11:56 am:

Bender G commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

Google's AI has too much collateral damage, it's a disaster. Not to mention google ads

Comment ID #5861940076 at 05/19/2022 11:48 am:

Ralph Slate commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

I think you meant to say "Try Bing".

Comment ID #5861927187 at 05/19/2022 11:34 am:

josh bachynski (SEO) commented on Google's John Mueller Can See Search Spam In Multiple Languages

Let me guess... uh... Lies? :-) Of course he does. He's an apologist for a end stage capitalism monopoly. He does not have much of a choice :-)

Comment ID #5861917743 at 05/19/2022 11:25 am:

Google whatever you're doing you deserve more respect from webmasters. Google is the best search engine and there's no search engine even close enough to compete with them. Sorry Bill Gates but Bing sucks and if you don't understand the meaning of 'suck' then you can Google it

Comment ID #5861914303 at 05/19/2022 11:21 am:

He just says Noice because he has John Mu's crotch in his mouth so it makes it difficult for him to pronounce the word correctly.

Comment ID #5861910779 at 05/19/2022 11:17 am:

Golden Phoenix commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

same here. pretty much devastating. And I don't even understand it. I don't know why my relevant page that was ranking for years is not and irrelevant pages that don't even target the search term are ranking. Never seen it this bad and I have seen some bad updates. There was always a way to figure out what was happening and what to do.

Comment ID #5861881188 at 05/19/2022 10:47 am:

Some old one commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

Try "the who" lifehouse sessions ;)

Comment ID #5861850913 at 05/19/2022 10:14 am:

Andrew Matt commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

My traffic is down by at least 50% across all websites. I really don't know what to do right now

Comment ID #5861842834 at 05/19/2022 10:05 am:

remzi kaynar commented on Google Search Ranking Update Monday On May 16th - Unconfirmed

Not now, it has been shit since May 2020. Now is the worst.

Comment ID #5861807377 at 05/19/2022 09:25 am:

Google's results are AWFUL lately. I mean, we're talking 1996 search engine awful, maybe worse. I wanted to know which songs by the band the Who were done during their lighthouse sessions recordings. This is a relatively "known" topic. Here's what I got by querying "the who songs that came from lighthouse sessions": - 4 Youtube videos, none of which were by the Who. - Complete Lighthouse Sessions by Art Pepper & Shorty ... - Lighthouse Sessions | Giorgis Manolakis | SNFCC - The Lighthouse And The Whaler brings indie stardom to The ... - Stan Getz – The Lighthouse Sessions Vol. 1 - Discogs - D.C. Myers Glows Goth on His Debut EP, Lighthouse Sessions - Lighthouse (band) - Wikipedia - Pepper, Art, Rogers, Shorty - Complete Lighthouse Sessions - Lighthouse Sessions | Nikos Xydakis :: TicketServices.gr Nothing about the Who. OK, maybe that is a hard query, right? I tried Bing: - List of songs recorded by the Who - Wikipedia - The Who – The Lifehouse Saga and Who ... - Music … - 3 videos by the Who - List of songs by The Who - Lifehouse (rock opera) - Wikipedia Google is now shit, absolute shit.

Comment ID #5861773202 at 05/19/2022 08:45 am:

Storminnorman commented on Google Explains Why Their Image Search Results Look Racist

Bullshit detected.

Comment ID #5861771041 at 05/19/2022 08:42 am:

something very strange going on in the SERPs. Run an iPhone focused website. Pages have dropped to the 4th page and pages are now ranking higher that have the word "phone" in their titles. So you search for "something something for iPhone" and Google is showing "something something for phone" for me mostly. Very strange

Comment ID #5861752537 at 05/19/2022 08:17 am:

Kevin Mullett commented on Google Search Scroll To Highlight Feature Can Now Share Highlighted Text

Confirmed on Android Note 20 Ultra (Verizon) Chrome. Several queries, such as "what year did the first space shuttle launch".