RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #2700369744 at 05/28/2016 03:02 pm:

BirdMan commented on Google Officially Launches Thumbnail Images In Search Results For Food Items

I suspect that penguin is running real time now. After I submit a disavow and waiting a few days (mind you, thousands of links I didn't build), I noticed a reduction in rankings. I'm certain some of these links were helping, but a competitor had tried to overoptimize my site a handful of very good keywords which I started taking top spots for. Might be possible, but I don't see a whole lot of people getting excited about their "recoveries"... or maybe they've all just given up on it after all.

Comment ID #2700363929 at 05/28/2016 02:57 pm:

Thermal deal commented on Google Says It Is Rare We'd Give Advice To Start A New Web Site

Thank you for clearing that up. Makes much more sense now.

Comment ID #2700329613 at 05/28/2016 02:30 pm:

Vaggelis Tsagklis commented on Google Toolbar PageRank Is Now Officially Dead

Te reason that Google killed the external PR is that many of "SEOs" killed it before. So, the head pain of Google trying to find the fake PR sites where mess Google's PR was fixed by that method.

Comment ID #2700296112 at 05/28/2016 02:02 pm:

Guaranteed PPC commented on Kayak Seeks SEO Help From Google's John Mueller

With so many people with their hands in the code, I see SEO getting messed up often and almost killing businesses in the process. Redesigns of sites and conversion tracking installs are common fault points.

Comment ID #2700294282 at 05/28/2016 02:01 pm:

Simon commented on Google Says It Is Rare We'd Give Advice To Start A New Web Site

John didn't know that I know all the backlink domains. He just looked the site up and said it had a major backlink problem. I will try to confirm the detail with him at the next Hangout because, according to what he said, it would seem that disavowing all the manipulated links should work.

Comment ID #2700188755 at 05/28/2016 12:37 pm:

Anon User commented on Kayak Seeks SEO Help From Google's John Mueller

You know what they say about homophobia LOL.

Comment ID #2700174100 at 05/28/2016 12:24 pm:

NewWorldDisorder commented on Google May Rank Duplicate Content Across Domains When...

Not really. Using your narrow minded example, it would be like NOT holding the town government responsible for the contents of your burglarized home being sold at the town auction with proceeds going to the town.

Comment ID #2700089372 at 05/28/2016 11:13 am:

I am even more confused by Johns's answer now. If you know all the backlink domains and you disavowed them. Is he stating the disavow tool does not work if you have large amounts of backlinks ?

Comment ID #2700081123 at 05/28/2016 11:05 am:

Randy Downs commented on Kayak Seeks SEO Help From Google's John Mueller

Not sure why they had an iframe in the header but it's not there now.

Comment ID #2699736601 at 05/28/2016 05:13 am:

Actually, I have a *very* good idea of all the domains, as the SEO company that did this work provided the full list each month until we fired them (over 3 years ago). So I've disavowed all of them at a domain level.

Comment ID #2699665675 at 05/28/2016 03:19 am:

Majharul Hossain commented on Google May Rank Duplicate Content Across Domains When...

Well, I understand that Google may rank both same content copied from a local eCommerce to eBay for a better search result (local search and international search respectively!). But, what would happen if some one copy from Amazon to eBay?

Comment ID #2699546979 at 05/28/2016 12:53 am:

Cesar Bielich commented on Kayak Seeks SEO Help From Google's John Mueller

Wow good to know not to place an iframe in the <head> unless it's at the end.

Comment ID #2699513237 at 05/28/2016 12:08 am:

Sarvajeet Singh commented on Google Officially Launches Thumbnail Images In Search Results For Food Items

This is too old update

Comment ID #2699467106 at 05/27/2016 11:13 pm:

How many bad backlinks do you have ? From how many domains ? You cant just disavow all the domains ? Is it like 100,000 domain back links ? Do you have any idea ?

Comment ID #2699463783 at 05/27/2016 11:10 pm:

David Jameson commented on Google Analytics SEO Report Not Set Is Not A Bug

Actually, what is happening is that Analytics doesn't show any queries from https://google.com, due to google using the new "origin referrer". What this means is that if you search on https://google.com, the referrer string will be set to "https://google.com", without including the query string at all. This happens even if your site is https. You can test this yourself by printing document.referrer from your https homepage (clicking through from a google search) -- you'll see that it is always just "https://google.com" with no query data. The explanation by John Mueller doesn't make sense. If "not set" is the top query, it couldn't possibly just be the sum of the bottom 30 (or whatever) queries. In our case our top query (from search console) doesn't even show up at all in analytics. Yet the number of "not set" queries matches our total https queries from search console. https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2012/03/upcoming-changes-in-googles-http.html http://smerity.com/articles/2013/where_did_all_the_http_referrers_go.html http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/39645/document-referrer-from-google-searches-only-showing-https-www-google-com-no

Comment ID #2699455620 at 05/27/2016 11:05 pm:

I cant believe that is true. So if an seo company has clients and they do their Analytic every client under their google console will get penalized ?

Comment ID #2699452964 at 05/27/2016 11:01 pm:

so I could spam a website and build a beautiful negative seo campaign against someone and destroy their website for good ?

Comment ID #2699364639 at 05/27/2016 09:54 pm:

NaDina Fiji Truth Movement commented on Google: Domain Name Search Engine Registration Is A Scam

Someone ought to invent adblock for scammers. It needs to be controlled and eradicated.

Comment ID #2699336139 at 05/27/2016 09:31 pm:

NaDina Fiji Truth Movement commented on Google May Rank Duplicate Content Across Domains When...

Great. Thanks for this.

Comment ID #2699196110 at 05/27/2016 07:19 pm:

Nobody has a legal right to rank, but they do have a legal right to not have their intellectual property stolen and promoted by a search engine. Can you comprehend this or are you another brainwashed Googletard like some others here?

Comment ID #2699079772 at 05/27/2016 05:45 pm:

Michael Martinez commented on Google Officially Launches Thumbnail Images In Search Results For Food Items

Google is becoming the website we all help build.

Comment ID #2698973463 at 05/27/2016 04:48 pm:

Michael Martinez commented on Kayak Seeks SEO Help From Google's John Mueller

He should have listened to me and started a new website.

Comment ID #2698935441 at 05/27/2016 04:24 pm:

Miguel Salcido commented on Google To Offer A Site Clinic Hangout: Submit Your Site Today

Sweet, Google is now in the SEO consulting business! And they are ramping up hiring more consultants, https://www.seroundtable.com/google-hiring-another-webmaster-trends-analysts-22138.html!

Comment ID #2698932843 at 05/27/2016 04:22 pm:

Miguel Salcido commented on Google Adds Hotel Reviews From Other Sources Including Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda & More

I would assume that this move is taking share away from the reviews providers in the long term overall. No? Don't a fair number of people just look at the overall review score, and maybe a couple reviews? Now all of that content is Google's and not as many people will click-thru to the review site as they would have before all of this content was available in SERPs.

Comment ID #2698865091 at 05/27/2016 03:39 pm:

Fun Fact commented on Pink Google Penguin Android Figurine

Well, ughhhh, well, ughhhh...actually....ughhhh....I don't know. – J. M.

Comment ID #2698813220 at 05/27/2016 03:06 pm:

snowdog commented on Google: We Won't Remove Your Non Mobile-Friendly Site From Our Search Results

After 20 years hooked on the internet, I'm done. Can't even use a computer anymore. It's all for little dipshits on their little dipshit device of the day.

Comment ID #2698783412 at 05/27/2016 02:48 pm:

Naiviv commented on SEO: Redirecting Expired Competitor Domain Names

Advice**

Comment ID #2698780633 at 05/27/2016 02:46 pm:

Naiviv commented on SEO: Redirecting Expired Competitor Domain Names

I don't know what a 301 is (but will look up after I post/ask my question). A little bit of background: I know nothing about coding, domain name laws, nor do i hold a business degree. I'm simply trying to help my father's small business. He's had his own garage door company for more than 20 years. I believe it was maybe no more than 5 years ago he had a website built. We were in the process of trying to figure out who else or what other company can build us a better site because I was very dissatisfied with how his site looked (layout was crazy, bad grammar, misspelling, too much information on one page-it was just crazy!). Well, in the chaos, his domain name expired. Now, a competitor has his domain name and when you click on it, you are redirected to the competitors company home page. Is this legal? Is there anything we can do? We're still very much in business. Also, if I still have your attention (thank you for reading this far!) I was wondering if anyone knows of some reputable companies or a reputable and good site that I can look into to either hire or create something decent myself. Your time and advise/suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks. V

Comment ID #2698755968 at 05/27/2016 02:34 pm:

Jerry B. commented on Google's John Mueller On External Links & Ranking Benefit

Jeebus! Why can't people just use common sense? If it makes sense to link to something because it is relevant or somehow improves things for the reader, link to it. It just might help you when you help others. If you think linking to big name sites is going to fool Google into thinking your site should be associated with them, you're wrong.

Comment ID #2698738414 at 05/27/2016 02:24 pm:

Jerry B. commented on Google May Rank Duplicate Content Across Domains When...

If you successfully file a DMCA with Google, it takes that page out of the index. If you DMCA the host and they aren't stupid, they take down the site. Not really sure what pirate would do then except maybe downgrade the rest of a site which has too many DMCAs against it. If pirate is supposed to detect stolen content, it doesn't work very well.