The sixth edition of the Search Pulse has now been archived. Tim Mayer from Yahoo! was our special guest. Tim told us that we can expect support from Yahoo! on the NOODP tag, but it would be a lot more time for us to see support of a new META tag to opt out of using the Yahoo! Directory titles in the search results. Other topics included Google buying YouTube, Porn found on Google News home page, several SEO topics, Google's pinging service, code search, Yahoo's Panama release in the UK and much much more. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Topics we covered:
- Forums Buzz on GooTube - Google Buying YouTube for $1.65B
- Search Community Talks on Google YouTube Rumors
- Porn Found on Google News Home Page
- Can Google Take Away A Site's Trust Value?
- Google's Blog Hacked, Fake Post on Cancelling Click to Call Feature
- Does An SEO Need to Know HTML?
- Why Does Google Show Old PageRank Values?
- Another Request To Yahoo! To Add Support For No Directory Tag
- Google Blog Search Pinging Service
- Coders, Search For Code With Google Code Search
- Google's White Labeled Search Site: SearchMash
Lightening round topics;
- UK Release of Yahoo!'s Panama No Sooner Than Q2 '07
- Check Google Images, News, Video, Groups Rankings On Google's Difference Data Centers
- When Will We See Google AdSense For Mobile Sites?
- How Digg Effects Your Google AdSense CTR & Earnings
- Microsoft Begins Testing Content Ads Beta
- 56 Forgotten Google Pages
- Google Gadgets For Anywhere
- Live.com's Meta Tags For Crawl & Content Access Control
Big thank you for Tim Mayer coming on to talk about such a touchy topic on the air. Still, I and the community will push you to create a NOYahooDirectory tag of some sort.
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community.
I wanted to again thank Ben and Chris for co-hosting the show with me. We will be live next week, with this weeks search news and debates on Tuesday 5pm (EST).
Past Shows: - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More