The twenty-eighth edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. In this show we chatted about PubCon versus Search Engine Strategies conferences going head to head. We had several discussions on Google's PageRank. We talked about the AdWords malware issue and how Google News is being integrated into search results. Plus we talked about iGoogle, Google's new personalized front and many many more topics. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- WebmasterWorld's PubCon Goes Up Against Search Engine Strategies Chicago
- The Life Time Value of Links Based on Google Webmaster Central
- Google PageRank April Update: Most Notice Drop in PR
- Google to Review Most Recent Toolbar PageRank Update
- Google Sponsored Listings Hide Surprises and Malware
- Beware Of Google AdWords Account Hacks via Computer Exploit
- The New Authoritative Document on Google's PageRank
- Four New Document Scoring Patent Applications by Google
- Screen Captures of the New Google News Results in Action
- Google Launches iGoogle at Google Personalization Workshop
- Google Personalized Home Pages Begin To Come Back After Scare
- Google Placing UK Filtered Results in Supplemental Index?
- Yahoo Buys Ad Company to Compete with Google's Acquisition of DoubleClick
- Since Yahoo! Launched Panama Volume & Traffic Is Down?
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Earnings & Relevancy Forcing Publishers to Revisit Google AdSense?
- Very Personalized Google Ads Spotted: Is this New?
- Ask.com Gets Contexual With ASL Contextual Advertising
- First: Google Pay Per Action Text Ads In Action
- Daily Telegraph Wants to Sue Google and Yahoo for Crawling its Site
- Google Checkout Search Result Apparently "Hijacked"
- Google to Add "Negative Keywords" Tab to Keyword Tool?
- Google Local Business Center Updates Google Maps Business Listings; Kinda
- Microsoft adCenter Using Matching Criteria Other than Keyword Searches to Display Ads
- Google AdWords Vouchers Cannot Be Resold
- Google's AdWords Representative Calls Radio Ads Magical
- Keywords in URLs the New Google Search Optimization Winner?
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
We should be having a show this Tuesday night at 5pm (EST) on WebmasterRadio.FM.
Past Shows: - April 24, 2007: Twentieth Seventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google & Yahoo Earnings, Web History, Virginia Tech, Remove Content, Anchor Text, SEO Content, PPC & More - April 17, 2007: Twentieth Sixth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES NY, Paid Links, Ask.com's Edison, Yellow Ads, Google.com Shakes, Sitemaps, DoubleClick, Yahoo Site Explorer, Google Voice & More - April 11, 2007: Twentieth Fifth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: April 1, SEOmoz Factors, Google Yellow Ads, Yahoo Shorter Descriptions, Sitemaps Autodiscovery & Microsoft and Ask.com Join Google and Yahoo, & More - March 27, 2007: Twentieth Fourth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google PPA, Google Anchor Text, Microsoft Live Update, SEO Factors, Yahoo! Search Directory, & More - March 13, 2007: Twentieth Third Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google & Yahoo Link Updates, Searching Searches, Keyword Volume at AdWords, Getting a Job at Google, 404 Pages & More - March 6, 2007: Twentieth Second Edition of the Search Pulse Live: AdWords, Yahoo Directory Tag, Google Update, Ask.com Update, PPC Legal Issues, Microsoft adCenter & More - February 27, 2007: Twentieth First Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Design, Google Update, Patent Apps, AdWords Algorithm, Yahoo! Search, Microsoft adCenter, SEO Training & More - February 27, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Valentines, AdWords Score, SEO Galore, AJAX, Anchor Text, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google, & More - February 13, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Rand Proposes, Google Sitelinks Update, Search Algorithms, StumbleUpon, SEO, PageRank, Yahoo, Keyword Tools & More - February 6, 2007: Eighteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Tool & Fox, Personalized Google, Yahoo Panama Live, PageRank, Site Explorer, Local, Poor SEO & More - January 30, 2007: Seventeenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Googlebombs, Yahoo Titles, YouTube Rev Share, Panama Monday, SEO, AdSense, PageRank, Groups & More - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More