I finally had time last night to read Danny's What Is Google PageRank? A Guide For Searchers & Webmasters.
This write up is undoubtedly the best explanation of Google PageRank I have seen in years.
Not only does it include a point I tried hard to stress in Why Do Some SEOs Want Toolbar PageRank To Go Away?, it also goes over every single other aspect of PageRank.
Here is the index of this article:
- Google's Definition: PageRank As Votes
- Recent Google Edits Emphasize PageRank Just One Of Many Factors
- PageRank For Searchers: Google Toolbar
- PR Stands For PageRank, Not Public Relations
- PageRank In The Google Directory
- PageRank For SEOs
- Seeing PageRank In Search Rankings
- PageRank Versus "Toolbar" PageRank
- PageRank Tech Talk
- Conclusion (Especially For Those Thinking I Don't Have Time To Read)
Whenever you get a call from someone asking you to improve their PageRank, send them there. :)
Again, a must read and a must keep article.
Forum discussion at DigitalPoint Forums.