The twenty-third edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. We had a bit of a conversation on the link updates at Google Webmaster Central and Yahoo! Site Explorer. Chris and I also talked about Google's new guideline on not searching search results pages. We talked more about AdWords keyword tool and getting a job at Google. Plus much more... Ben was unable to join us, he is on a family vacation. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below.
Topics We Covered:
- Google Link Update Within Webmaster Central's Link Tool
- Google Link Update in Count Only - Actual Links Coming Soon
- Google Now Showing All External Links in Export
- Yahoo! Search Link Update
- Google Officially Requests Webmasters To Block Internal or External Search Results
- Google Shows Search Volumes Temporarily in AdWords Keyword Tool
- How To Get A Job At Google?
- Does Google Still Crawl 404 Not Found Pages?
- Should You Block Well Paying AdWords Squatters From Your Site?
- Windows Live Search Head To Leave Microsoft To Go Solo
- Another Look At Yahoo! "Quick Links" in Search Results
- Microsoft Squealing on Google Over Book Copyright Issues
- Is Google's Spell Checker Biased
- Google Maps For Your Business Adds Features: Set Your Mark
- 3rd Party Google AdSense Abuse Should Not Harm AdSense Account Holder
- Verify The Bots Accessing Your Site: Is Google.com Sending That GoogleBot?
- Is a Paid ROS Link Benefital or Not?
- Can You Place Google AdSense Ads on 404 Pages & Thank You Pages?
- How Do You Export Your Google AdWords Campaign
- Google's Chinese Directory Sports Features & AJAX
- How Do You Get Your Ads in Google's Gmail?
- Add PageRank, Anchor Text, Link Status & NoFollow Data to Google's Webmaster Central Link Tool
- Is a Perfect Quality Score in Yahoo! Search Marketing Possible?
- Google AdWords Qualified Professionals Valid For Two Years
- Microsoft adCenter Expands Content Network: Opt Out Required
- Yahoo! Did Not Announce YPN Is Going International
- Yahoo! Compliance Manager Warnings Just An Accident
- Robert Charlton New Co-Moderator at WebmasterWorld's Google News Forum
Next week there will be no show due to conflicting WebmasterRadio coverage.
Past Shows: - March 6, 2007: Twentieth Second Edition of the Search Pulse Live: AdWords, Yahoo Directory Tag, Google Update, Ask.com Update, PPC Legal Issues, Microsoft adCenter & More - February 27, 2007: Twentieth First Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Design, Google Update, Patent Apps, AdWords Algorithm, Yahoo! Search, Microsoft adCenter, SEO Training & More - February 27, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Valentines, AdWords Score, SEO Galore, AJAX, Anchor Text, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google, & More - February 13, 2007: Nineteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Rand Proposes, Google Sitelinks Update, Search Algorithms, StumbleUpon, SEO, PageRank, Yahoo, Keyword Tools & More - February 6, 2007: Eighteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Tool & Fox, Personalized Google, Yahoo Panama Live, PageRank, Site Explorer, Local, Poor SEO & More - January 30, 2007: Seventeenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Googlebombs, Yahoo Titles, YouTube Rev Share, Panama Monday, SEO, AdSense, PageRank, Groups & More - January 23, 2007: Sixteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Wikipedia Nofollows SEOs, Google Follows Wikipedia, Yahoo! Search Update, SEO Titles, Google Site Command, Google Germany, 301s vs. 302s & More - January 16, 2007: Fifteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Best Search Blogs, PPC & Organic, DMOZ Back, Debra Mastaler Guests, Related Google Searches & More - January 2, 2007: Fourteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Search Holidays, New Years, Google Update, Blog Tips, Social Links, Paid Reviews, Ask.com X, AdWords & More - December 19, 2006: Thirteenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Link Building, Duplicate Content, CSS Tricks, Images Near AdSense, Yahoo! Directory Tag, Here Comes Panama, & More - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More