Panda 2.2, I believe, it 100% underway as of late last week. We had some early reports earlier this month, which may not have been a Panda update or maybe some small tests. But last week, June 16th, we reported the 2.2 rollout and I honestly think this is the 2.2 roll out. I wasn't 100% sure back then but I am really confident 2.2 has been rolled out.
Mostly more people complaining about being hurt by Panda. In fact, I have several webmasters sharing stats with me privately, let me share one of a very large site but I promised I wouldn't disclose the site's name:
SITENAME got hit in stages, about 10% Tuesday, and then another 30% at 7PM EDT on Friday. The hit is across the subdomain, across all categories, geographic locations, etc.
But the good news is that some are actually reporting recoveries.
I've recovered as of 36 hours ago.
Day1 of recovery, traffic doubled, adsense tripled Day2 of recovered, 4 hours in, traffic has doubled again, back to my best levels of 18 months ago.
Seems my fixes have not only got me back from Panda, but also from something else.
I rewrote poor content. By poor, it was either too short, badly phrased, spelling errors, partial or exact copies from other sites. Articles are now varied in length, and high quality. Not all articles fixed, but a large proportion, and the worst ones done first.
I stopped google indexing thin pages. Detail pages with little detail are now gone.
I did not speed my pages up and they are not real fast.
I did not remove any adsense and i have 2 blocks above the fold, one at the bottom of the page.
Another webmaster said, "on our primary site (that was pandalized on Feb. 24), I can see significant ranking changes on google.com and google.co.uk. in our case, the changes are positive."
But like I said, I believe most of the reports are negative where more sites are falling to the Panda update after this update.
Again, Google has not confirmed Panda 2.2 being released but we do know to expect it around this time.
Our ongoing coverage and stories on the Content Farmer/Panda update:
- Google Panda Update Underway & Are There Recoveries?
- Matt Cutts On Google Panda 2.2 Update
- 85% Say They Have Zero Recovery From Google's Panda Update
- No One Has Fully Recovered From Google Panda
- Poll: Did Your Site Recover From The Google Panda Update?
- Were You "Pandalized"?
- Google Panda Updates Search Results Manually
- Panda 3.0
- Google's Second Attempt At Panda Relief Advice
- Google's Panda Update Hopes To Curate An Apple-Like Web
- eHow Hit Hard By Google Panda Update
- Incremental Returns After Latest Google Panda Update
- Many Webmasters Devastated: Google Panda Rolled Out Worldwide
- Google Update Underway? Farmer/Panda Hits Again?
- Google Smacks Down Webmaster Over Panda Update
- Google Mocking Those Impacted By Farmer/Panda Update?
- Is Google Rolling Out A Farmer / Panda Update?
- Status Check: Google Panda / Farmer Rebounds & UK Migration
- Coming Soon: Panda/Farmer Update At Google UK
- Being Rescued From The Google Panda / Farmer Update
- When To Use 404, NoIndex & 301 Redirects In Farmer/Panda Fix
- 40% Of SEOs Say Farmer/Panda Hurt Their Sites In Google
- Google: Remove Low Quality Content If You Were Impacted By Farmer/Panda
- I'm Hit! Get Your Google Rankings Back After Farmer/Panda
- How to Regain Your Rankings After the Farmer Updateli>
- SEOs Chew On Wired's Interview With Cutts & Singhal On Farmer Update
- What's Your Name? Farmer Or Panda?
- Was Google Too Hasty with the Farmer Update? SEO's Discuss Good & Bad
- Google Accidentally Label Your Site As A Content Farm? Get Help Here
- Shocking: Google To Tweak Content Farm Algorithm
- Poll: Were You Impacted By The Google Farmer Update?
- Google Farmer Update Support Groups
- Google's Farmer Update Live: 12% Of Google's Results Forever Changed
- Google Warns Of "Big Changes Here Very Shortly"
- Correction: Google's Scraper Algorithm Now Live, Not Content Farms
- Google's Content Farm Algorithm Harm You? Categorize Your Site To Fix It.
- Confirmed: Google's Content Farm Algorithm Live! Sites Are Dropping!
- Google's Next Target: Content Farms & On Page Spam
Update: We now have official confirmation from Google that they have pushed out a Panda 2.2 update. I have more details on this at Search Engine Land.