As I have been reporting in the past, I have really not seen a mass exodus (Passover is in a couple days) from the Google Farmer/Panda update that was released in late February.
I've heard reports of small improvements after massive changes but no reports of people bouncing back.
More recently, when Google released the Panda update globally I am now seeing more people reporting improvements to their rankings.
I lost 70% of my Google traffic on March 18 in what I figure was a Panda tweak. I added a bunch of NOINDEX tags to my less-than-stellar pages on Friday. My traffic returned to near-normal on Saturday night. Not sure if Google realized their mistake on sites like mine or the NOINDEX really did help...
Yesterday saw a return of some traffic & sales for us but a shaddow of what it used to be. Looking at some of the search terms reveals some VERY strange goings on, I can't give examples but they are no way what a user would search for, they are like someone is testing our site for terms it should er... sort of rank for! The IP's are UK. Weird.
Well, a few of us are coming back with the latest tweak instead of being hurt more. The traffic to our 16 year old site dropped about 25% on Feb. 24, but suddenly came back to where it was on Apr. 11. It's only been 2-1/2 days, so I'm not really confident yet, but so far so good. It seems to be that out original articles are placing about no. 1 again, ahead of the scrapers; I think that's the difference.
Those are just some of the recent reports of recoveries since the Panda UK release. I also have been hearing more through offline channels, which I cannot disclose here. So maybe things are improving?
Our ongoing coverage and stories on the Content Farmer/Panda update:
- Many Webmasters Devastated: Google Panda Rolled Out Worldwide
- Google Update Underway? Farmer/Panda Hits Again?
- Google Smacks Down Webmaster Over Panda Update
- Google Mocking Those Impacted By Farmer/Panda Update?
- Is Google Rolling Out A Farmer / Panda Update?
- Status Check: Google Panda / Farmer Rebounds & UK Migration
- Coming Soon: Panda/Farmer Update At Google UK
- Being Rescued From The Google Panda / Farmer Update
- When To Use 404, NoIndex & 301 Redirects In Farmer/Panda Fix
- 40% Of SEOs Say Farmer/Panda Hurt Their Sites In Google
- Google: Remove Low Quality Content If You Were Impacted By Farmer/Panda
- I'm Hit! Get Your Google Rankings Back After Farmer/Panda
- How to Regain Your Rankings After the Farmer Update
- SEOs Chew On Wired's Interview With Cutts & Singhal On Farmer Update
- What's Your Name? Farmer Or Panda?
- Was Google Too Hasty with the Farmer Update? SEO's Discuss Good & Bad
- Google Accidentally Label Your Site As A Content Farm? Get Help Here
- Shocking: Google To Tweak Content Farm Algorithm
- Poll: Were You Impacted By The Google Farmer Update?
- Google Farmer Update Support Groups
- Google's Farmer Update Live: 12% Of Google's Results Forever Changed
- Google Warns Of "Big Changes Here Very Shortly"
- Correction: Google's Scraper Algorithm Now Live, Not Content Farms
- Google's Content Farm Algorithm Harm You? Categorize Your Site To Fix It.
- Confirmed: Google's Content Farm Algorithm Live! Sites Are Dropping!
- Google's Next Target: Content Farms & On Page Spam
Image credit: Erwyn van der Meer on Flickr.