There is a WebmasterWorld thread with reports from some webmasters that they are seeing massive changes to the Google search results.
Typically posts like this mean that some are seeing test or early results on one of the many Google data centers. Sometimes that means that it is an early sign of a Google update.
Some are wondering if it means that this is the much anticipated update to the Farmer / Panda update that has plagued so many webmasters in the past month or so. The thing is, I do not see any updates from those impacted, in those original threads, discussing being released, so maybe this is just hot air? I am not sure but time will tell.
Here are some quotes from the thread:
I noticed today a big change in the sites listed for keywords (some are junk sites) and my organic clicks from google has dropped about 80-90%. I am no longer appearing from many terms. It appears that this hit sometime today.
A site of mine took a huge hit yesterday (April 6) too. It had the #3 position for [best widget] at the beginning of the day. Sometime before the day was over, traffic fell off a cliff, and I discovered that that the site dropped to page 13 for [best widget].
I have noticed very recently last few days sites that have been in top three for money terms for a few years getting pushed way down.
They said they are going to be "fine tuning" Panda so this could be what I am seeing, this could be your issue as well.
Like I said, I haven't seen mass reports of sites being released but now I am seeing mass reports of webmasters complaining that their sites were hit hard by Google a day or so ago.
Is this an Farmer/Panda update? If so, I don't think this is what most webmasters expected.
Our ongoing coverage and stories on the Content Farmer/Panda update:
- Google Smacks Down Webmaster Over Panda Update
- Google Mocking Those Impacted By Farmer/Panda Update?
- Is Google Rolling Out A Farmer / Panda Update?
- Status Check: Google Panda / Farmer Rebounds & UK Migration
- Coming Soon: Panda/Farmer Update At Google UK
- Being Rescued From The Google Panda / Farmer Update
- When To Use 404, NoIndex & 301 Redirects In Farmer/Panda Fix
- 40% Of SEOs Say Farmer/Panda Hurt Their Sites In Google
- Google: Remove Low Quality Content If You Were Impacted By Farmer/Panda
- I'm Hit! Get Your Google Rankings Back After Farmer/Panda
- How to Regain Your Rankings After the Farmer Update
- SEOs Chew On Wired's Interview With Cutts & Singhal On Farmer Update
- What's Your Name? Farmer Or Panda?
- Was Google Too Hasty with the Farmer Update? SEO's Discuss Good & Bad
- Google Accidentally Label Your Site As A Content Farm? Get Help Here
- Shocking: Google To Tweak Content Farm Algorithm
- Poll: Were You Impacted By The Google Farmer Update?
- Google Farmer Update Support Groups
- Google's Farmer Update Live: 12% Of Google's Results Forever Changed
- Google Warns Of "Big Changes Here Very Shortly"
- Correction: Google's Scraper Algorithm Now Live, Not Content Farms
- Google's Content Farm Algorithm Harm You? Categorize Your Site To Fix It.
- Confirmed: Google's Content Farm Algorithm Live! Sites Are Dropping!
- Google's Next Target: Content Farms & On Page Spam
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.