The main thing I have been pushing for a couple months now is that no one has recovered from Panda and that question was indeed addressed.
DS: You guys made this post with 22 questions, but it sounds like you’re saying even if you’ve done that, it wouldn’t have helped yet?
MC: It could help as we recompute data. Matt goes on to say that Panda 2.2 has been approved but hasn’t rolled out yet.
Has the algorithm changed enough where some people have actually recovered from Panda?
If you go back to Florida (the update, not the state), it launched and had a big impact, and then they pulled that back. They push stuff out and then they find additional signals to help differentiate on that spectrum. He hears the pain from people in search, but he also hears complaints about things polluting the search results. They haven’t done any official changes (though they did a few tweaks) to pull things back but they continue to look at ways to differentiate there. They’re still looking for ways to find more of the low quality sites
DS: Has it changed enough that some people have recovered? Or is it too soon?
MC: The general rule is to push stuff out and then find additional signals to help differentiate on the spectrum. We haven’t done any pushes that would directly pull things back. We have recomputed data that might have impacted some sites. There’s one change that might affect sites and pull things back.
Yes, this is a manually run algorithm and with only 2 updates to the update, no recoveries have been marked. Will 2.2 reverse that, I am not sure but time will tell.
So in short, 2.2 is not out yet - I am not sure what that hiccup was. When it comes out, it might address more of the scraper sites out there but no idea if it will reverse some of the false positives.
Our ongoing coverage and stories on the Content Farmer/Panda update:
- 85% Say They Have Zero Recovery From Google's Panda Update
- No One Has Fully Recovered From Google Panda
- Poll: Did Your Site Recover From The Google Panda Update?
- Were You "Pandalized"?
- Google Panda Updates Search Results Manually
- Panda 3.0
- Google's Second Attempt At Panda Relief Advice
- Google's Panda Update Hopes To Curate An Apple-Like Web
- eHow Hit Hard By Google Panda Update
- Incremental Returns After Latest Google Panda Update
- Many Webmasters Devastated: Google Panda Rolled Out Worldwide
- Google Update Underway? Farmer/Panda Hits Again?
- Google Smacks Down Webmaster Over Panda Update
- Google Mocking Those Impacted By Farmer/Panda Update?
- Is Google Rolling Out A Farmer / Panda Update?
- Status Check: Google Panda / Farmer Rebounds & UK Migration
- Coming Soon: Panda/Farmer Update At Google UK
- Being Rescued From The Google Panda / Farmer Update
- When To Use 404, NoIndex & 301 Redirects In Farmer/Panda Fix
- 40% Of SEOs Say Farmer/Panda Hurt Their Sites In Google
- Google: Remove Low Quality Content If You Were Impacted By Farmer/Panda
- I'm Hit! Get Your Google Rankings Back After Farmer/Panda
- How to Regain Your Rankings After the Farmer Update
- SEOs Chew On Wired's Interview With Cutts & Singhal On Farmer Update
- What's Your Name? Farmer Or Panda?
- Was Google Too Hasty with the Farmer Update? SEO's Discuss Good & Bad
- Google Accidentally Label Your Site As A Content Farm? Get Help Here
- Shocking: Google To Tweak Content Farm Algorithm
- Poll: Were You Impacted By The Google Farmer Update?
- Google Farmer Update Support Groups
- Google's Farmer Update Live: 12% Of Google's Results Forever Changed
- Google Warns Of "Big Changes Here Very Shortly"
- Correction: Google's Scraper Algorithm Now Live, Not Content Farms
- Google's Content Farm Algorithm Harm You? Categorize Your Site To Fix It.
- Confirmed: Google's Content Farm Algorithm Live! Sites Are Dropping!
- Google's Next Target: Content Farms & On Page Spam