The 30th edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. We thanked the wonder mothers by showing off some of the search engine logos for the day. We discussed Google one box results found in the middle of the Google results. Google Webmaster relations was a hot topic in this podcast. Plus we discussed other stories involving Google, Yahoo, Ask.com and Live.com. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Ask.com's Bold Mothers Day Logo, Google.com & Yahoo Go Simple & As The Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Local Results Found In Google.com Web Search Results
- Google Attacked Over Webmaster Relations
- Adam Lasnik of Google Responds to Webmasters Again
- Matt Cutts of Google Comments on "-950 Penalty" as "Over Optimization Penalty"
- Matt Cutts Tells Us Which Web Directories Can Impact Your Search Rankings
- Google Analytics Releases New Version With Sleek New User Interface
- Fake German Google Search Quality Team Warning from DONOTREPLY@gmail.com
- Sergey Brin of Google and Gary Price of Ask.com Get Married
- What To Do When Your In House SEO Goes Bad?
- How To Get Reinstated After Being Banned from Google AdWords
- When Forum Moderators Go Bad
- Microsoft's Gates To Focus On Search
- Google's Google Bomb Algorithm Is Not a Live Algorithm
- Does Rotating Content Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings?
- Ethical Link Building Incentives
- A Drop in Traffic After Relaunching a SEO Friendly Version of a Site
- Google AdWords Negative Suggestion Tool: Useful? Visible?
- Is Yahoo Working on New Keyword Tool with Search Volume Data?
- Google Launches Audio Ads to the Masses: Step by Step Screen Captures
- Microsoft adCenter Conversion Tracking Turned Off Automatically
- Handing Over the Keys to Your Google AdWords Account
- Should DMOZ Incorporate More Web 2.0 Elements?
- Google Explains What AdSense Ad Locations Are Acceptable
- Colorful Implementation of Google AdSense on AskBaby.com
- Webmasters Frustrated Over Forced Upgrade of AdSense Accounts to Google Accounts
- Google AdSense Publishers Ask for Wild Card Support on Competitive Ad Filter
- Ad Free Google: Search Google Without Ads
- How Popular is Your Domain?
- Yahoo! Japan Image Search Has Flash Preview Player
- Short Descriptions Coming To Yahoo! Search Marketing Wednesday
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
We should be having a show this Tuesday night at 5pm (EST) on WebmasterRadio.FM.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.