This week in search we covered some items out of SMX Advanced. Such as Google said the Panda refresh is coming within weeks. Google really hopes to make Penguin run in real time, not necessarily Panda. Google won’t say what they mean about a faster Penguin or Panda. Google said they make thousands of updates per year around core search. Google’s Gary Illyes wants to tell us what they call their updates internally. A poll we ran asked if you noticed the mobile friendly update, most did not. Google launched iOS App indexing in the mobile results on Chrome and the Google Search app for iOS. I published our Google Webmaster report which is jammed packed. You need to make sure you login to your Google My Business account, if you don’t you may go unverified. Google Buy Now buttons are really coming to mobile search ads. Google Analytics has a referrer spam issue but they won’t fix it? I published a detailed survey about the Search Engine Roundtable, with the goal of getting Panda feedback but it back fired. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google: The Panda Refresh Coming Really Soon
- Google: Penguin Will Run & Refresh In Real Time One Day
- The Mysterious Faster Google Penguin & Panda Algorithm
- Google: We Make Thousands Of Updates To Search Algorithms Each Year
- Google May Tell Us What They Name Their Internal Updates?
- Only 11% Said There Were Traffic Changes Since Google's Mobile Friendly Update
- Google iOS App Indexing In Action
- June 2015 Google Webmaster Report
- Login To Your Google My Business Account: Google May Unverify Inactive Accounts
- Google Buy Now Button Really Coming Soon
- Google Knows About The Analytics Referrer Spam
- I Used Google Consumer Surveys To See If This Site Should Be Hit By Panda