Daily Search Forum Recap: April 13, 2023

Apr 13, 2023 - 4:00 pm 0 by

Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.

Google says just because a site is good today, it doesn't mean it will be good SEO-wise in the future. Google has a new car carousel in the mobile search results. 30% of SEOs say they use more than just Google for search and discovery. Google ist testing images for ads only in the local finder. Google is testing slider images in the mobile search product grid.

Search Engine Roundtable Stories:

  • Google Search Car Carousel
    We saw Google label some car types as electric and hybrid a year ago. Now Google has this car carousel in the mobile search that lets you filter by many other car types.
  • Poll: 30% Use More Than Just Google For Search & Discovery
    Greg Sterling ran a poll on Twitter asking, "Are you now branching out from Google as a search/discovery tool?" Almost 30% of those who answered, which are primarily SEOs/SEms, said they are, while the other 70% said they are sticking with Google 99% of the time.
  • Google Tests Local Finder Images Only For Ads?
    Google may be testing only showing images in the local finder, the local search results in Google Maps, for listings that are ads. The rest of the listings, the one without ads, may only show a map image but not an image from the business profile.
  • Google Tests Automated Product Result Slider Thumbnail Images In Mobile Search
    A couple of weeks ago, I reported how Google tested a thumbnail image slider in the product grid results in the Google Search results on the desktop interface. Now Google is testing this on the mobile search interface, and it seems to slide automatically without flicking to scroll or slide.
  • Google: Just Because A Site Is Good Now, Doesn't Mean It Won't Degrade In Search Quality Later
    Google's John Mueller said on Twitter that just because a site appears to be doing super well in terms of Google ranking and SEO today that it won't one day degrade in value. John added, "just because something's in Google News now doesn't mean it'll be there forever."
  • Restaurant Name: Thai Food Near Me
    We saw a dental practice named "dentist near me" and a coffee shop named "coffee shop near me" - and here is a restaurant named "Thai Food Near Me."

Other Great Search Threads:

Search Engine Land Stories:

Other Great Search Stories:

Analytics

Industry & Business

Links & Content Marketing

Local & Maps

Mobile & Voice

SEO

PPC

Other Search

Feedback:

Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.

Note: This was pre-written and scheduled to be posted today, I am currently offline for Passover.

 

Popular Categories

The Pulse of the search community

Follow

Search Video Recaps

 
Video Details More Videos Subscribe to Videos

Most Recent Articles

Search Forum Recap

Daily Search Forum Recap: May 24, 2024

May 24, 2024 - 10:00 am
Search Video Recaps

Search News Buzz Video Recap: Google Ranking Volatility, Ads In Google AI Overviews, Sundar Pichai Interview, Heartfelt Helpful Content & More Ad News

May 24, 2024 - 8:01 am
Google Search Engine Optimization

Google: The Site Reputation Abuse Policy Enforcement Not Yet Algorithmic

May 24, 2024 - 7:51 am
Google Search Engine Optimization

Google Search Can Now Index Electronic Publication (EPUB)

May 24, 2024 - 7:41 am
Google

Directory Of Embarrassing Google AI Overviews

May 24, 2024 - 7:31 am
Web Analytics

Google Analytics Real-Time Reports Adds Users In Last 5 Minutes

May 24, 2024 - 7:21 am
Previous Story: Google: Just Because A Site Is Good Now, Doesn't Mean It Won't Degrade In Search Quality Later