The eleventh edition of the Search Pulse has now been archived. We were able to discuss in detail about half of the topics I wanted. This week, we had on Eric Ward to discuss one of the most discussed topics of the week, a Google blog post on link building. We also talked about duplicate content, CSS to hide content, AdSense no longer allowing images near ads, the Yahoo Directory Tag, Panama information and much more. Also, Chris Boggs had a nice rendition of the "Hello Panama Song," see lyrics below. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- Google Discusses Link Building Strategies (Eric Ward)
- Google Defines Duplicate Content & Answers Duplicate FAQs
- Using CSS To Hide Text: Search Engine Responses
- Google Officially Disallows Images Near AdSense Ads
- Yahoo! To Support No Yahoo Directory Title Tag in January
- Here Comes Panama; Ready Or Not; January 10, 2007 (Chris Sings [MP3 download - 332KB])
- Panama Opens To New Advertisers Before Old Advertisers
- Google Discontinues The Free Google Search API Key - Is It Gone Forever?
- Keyword Phrases SEOs Should Think Twice About Before Attempting To Conquer
- Google Patent Search
- What Happened To Yahoo!'s Web Rank?
- Google Registers Domains Through Google App
- Excluding Your Sites in AdWord's Content & Parked Domain Networks
- Video Demonstrates PPC to PPC to PPC Pages Via Google AdWords & AdSense Network
- Google Updates AdSense Payments Page
- Google Remembers Edvard Munch on December 12th With Scream Logo
- Yahoo! Cache Mishandling <SUP> Superscript HTML Tag
- Google Allows Employees To Auction Off Stock Options: GOOG TSO
- Microsoft adCenter Average Reported Position May Be Wrong
- A Good Place To Be For Local Businesses: Google's New Plus Box
- Google Showing "Related Searches" At Bottom Of Search Results
- Microsoft Switches Rolls With Baidu: Baidu Running Ads on Microsoft China Properties
- Quick & Official Way To Check Your Site's "Status" in Google
- How to Choose an SEO Company
- Google & Orange To Work On Mobile Phone
- International Publishers & Advertisers Receiving Google Holiday Gifts
- OmniFind: Free Enterprise Search by IBM & Yahoo!
- Google Show Cases AdSense Publisher Using Images Near Ads
Tune in next week, Tuesday at 5pm (EST) for show number 14!
Again, a special thank you to Eric Ward for his special analysis of that link topic.
Lyrics to "Here Comes Panama" by Chris Boggs, feel free to add your own lyrics in the comments [MP3 download - 332KB]:
(To the tune of “here comes Santa Claus”)
Here comes Panama, here comes Panama,
Right down pay-per-click lane
De-mographics and day parting
More with which to play.
Past Shows: - December 12, 2006: Twelfth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: SES Recap, Versioning SEO, Contact Google, Yahoo, Google, Click Fraud, Duplicate Content, AdWords, Microsoft & More - December 5, 2006: Eleventh Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google Spam Tools, Danny & SEW, Chris Boggs & SEW, Ask AskCity, MSN Bot, Yahoo Topics & Much More - November 28, 2006: Tenth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Turkey Day, Google Spam, SES Chicago, MSN Update, AdWords Denial, Holiday Gifts, Yahoo Jobs & More - November 21, 2006: Ninth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: PubCon Vegas, Hefner's Sky Villa, Google Update, Yahoo's Compliance, Microsoft's Banning, AdWords Quality, Sitemaps Protocol & More - November 7, 2006: Eighth Edition of the Search Pulse Live: Google AdWords Update, MSN Search Update, PageRank Update, SEO, PubCon Coverage, Firefox, JotSpot, Yahoo! Eggs, & More - October 31, 2006: Seventh Edition of Search Pulse Live: Halloween, Yahoo's Panama, Did-It, Ask.com Mobile, MSN Links, Eric Schmidt, 30 Point Penality, & More - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More