Been a crazy week, was in Madrid chatting it up with SEOs, SEMs and Internet marketers there. During that time, there were rumors of a Panda 2.2 release that resulted in some recoveries. Also, Google UK is reportedly updating. Google released a slew of new features including desktop voice search, image search by image, instant pages, local enhancements and more. Google is testing showing the site name instead of site URL. AdWords is testing show the number of clicks on an ad. Google does allow IFRAMEs for some AdSense ads. Google might bring phone support to AdSense publishers. You can have duplicate content on ccTLDs in some cases. Google renamed and cleaned up My Maps as My Places. Do your analytics report jive with the search market share reports? Google gave the Les Paul logo a home and had a lunar eclipse logo this week. That was this past week's topics in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda Update Underway & Are There Recoveries?
- SEOs Report Changes At Google UK
- Google Introduces New Search Features For Desktop & Mobile
- Google Tests Site Name Instead Of Site URL In Search Results
- Click Counts On Google AdWords Ads
- Google Allows IFrames In Some cases
- Phone Support Coming To AdSense Publishers?
- Can Duplicate Content Coexist On Different ccTLDs? Yes
- Google Renames My Maps To My Places & More
- Search Market Share Reports Jive With Your Analytics? Probably Not
- Google Gives Les Paul Logo A Home
- Lunar Eclipse On Google's Home Page