Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: June 17, 2011
Been a crazy week, was in Madrid chatting it up with SEOs, SEMs and Internet marketers there. During that time, there were rumors of a Panda 2.2 release that resulted in some recoveries. Also, Google UK is reportedly updating...
- Malware On Your Subdomains? Google Can Label Whole Domain As Malware
Miro from cu.cc asked why his whole domain was labeled as having malware when it did not have malware on it. Google's JohnMu replied to him in the Google Webmaster Help forums saying that subdomains can impact the parent domain. John said:
- Search Market Share Reports Jive With Your Analytics? Probably Not
comScore, Hitwise and other reporting agencies share market share of various online properties including Google's market share versus Bing or Yahoo and other search engines...
- Click Counts On Google AdWords Ads
Google is testing showing the number of clicks on the AdWords ads. I personally do not see it but Steve Weldler informed me of it on Twitter and he shared a pretty bad screen shot. Vinny O'Hare also spotted it, posting a better screen shot...
- Can Duplicate Content Coexist On Different ccTLDs? Yes
One of the questions I received during my trip in Spain was how Google handles duplicate content across ccTLDs, localized domains. Now I see the same question posted in a WebmasterWorld thread, where Tedster answers it dead on: No negative effect...
- Obama Doesn't Get Special Treatment By Google
Politico ran a story the other day named Google denies special deal for Barack Obama. The story starts off explaining how Google gives Obama and the democratic campaign special access to features that the republicans do not get. Truth be told...
- My Speech At La Red Innova
This is my first appearance in the Search Pic of The Day column. I spoke at La Red Innova in Madrid, Spain Wednesday - it was a truly humbling experience and I learned a lot about Spanish SEM.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How to Use Xenu for the basis of an SEO Campaign, Sphinn
- Who Keeps Spreading Silly SEO Stupidity, and Why?, Sphinn
- can't type in search bar of google web page, Google Web Search Help
- I'm a New Advertiser, Help Me! I'm trying to create new ads..., Google AdWords Help