Google announced they have renamed My Maps to My Places and have given it a redesign with new features.
Here is a look at the new My Places design, which let's you save locations and routes for later use:
The new features and design changes include:
- Renamed to My Places
- Items are organized by date with your most recent activity at the top
- Filters make it easy to sort and view only your maps, starred locations or rated places
- Create and share personalized My Maps through the “Create new map” link.
- Drop-down arrow next to each location in your list, you can easily delete any of your saved maps, stars or Google Places ratings.
- These personalization changes will automatically be synchronized across all other Google properties including Google Places, Google Maps, and Google Maps for mobile.
When Google Places Product Manager, Vanessa, asked for feature requests after announcing the new My Places revamp in the Google Maps Help forum, most people wanted to have a way to document latitude and latitude history.
One person explained it saying, "It would be interesting to have Latitude, somehow, in Maps. It would unify all maps apps together."
Forum discussion at Google Maps Help.