It is time for the monthly Google Webmaster report where we share all the latest Google SEO related topics of the past month and recap you on anything particularly new going on in the search results.
The ongoing WebmasterWorld thread has chatter about the PageRank update and then some discussion around weird messages about blocked pages in Google Webmaster Tools, and finally the normal ranking fluctuation chatter. Outside of that, the start of the month has been pretty quiet.
In terms of the most important Google SEO related topics, here they are in some order:
- Official: Google Panda 3.9 Refresh
- Korea & Japan Get Google's Panda Algorithm
- Google PageRank Update: August 2012
Link Notification Debacle:
- Google's Cutts Explains Untrusted Link Notifications
- Google Sends Out Notifications For Links They Ignore
- Google Sends Out New Batch Of Unnatural Link Notifications
- Want Me To Remove That Link? Pay Me $500!
Google SEO Advice:
- Google's Cutts: Links Still More Powerful Than Social Signals
- Google: Infographic Links To Be Discounted
- Want To Disavow Links In Google Now? 404 The Target Page
- Google: Ignored Links Can Confuse Google's Algorithms
- Google: Don't Wait For Your Penalty To Expire
- Google: Wouldn't It Be Annoying If USPS Did Multiple Sites?
- Google: Aggregated Statistics Is Not Great Content
- Google: 2-3 Sentences Of Unique Content Is Enough
- Google: We Show Better Titles Than Your Title Tags
Google Webmaster Tools:
- Structured Data Dashboard On Google Webmaster Tools
- Google's New Advanced Index Status Report
- Author Stats Returns To Google Webmaster Tools
- See Your Newest Links In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Previews Added To Google Webmaster Tools Crawl Errors
- Google Webmaster Tools Now Adds Crawl Error Alerts
For the past month's report, see the July 2012 Google webmaster report.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.