Honestly, a fairly slow week despite some significant SEO events. SEOmoz introduced MozCast, a weather report to track Google changes. There are some SEOs claiming Google pushed out a Penguin refresh but I think it is because SEOs are very eager for a new Penguin refresh. Google Webmaster Tools added a structured data dashboard and it is pretty cool. Matt Cutts of Google explained in more detail what those new link notifications are about - so you get it now? SEOmoz received one of those link notification after getting into a fight with negative SEOs. We get into the debate on exact match domains versus branded domain names. Bing now allows you to tag your Facebook friends in Bing. Majestic SEO launched a competitive keyword tool based on links. Google updated their toolbar PageRank values this week. Google loves their Olympics search results. I also published the monthly Google SEO webmaster report this morning. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- SEOmoz Tries To Automate Google Update Notifications With MozCast
- UK SEOs Say Possible Google Penguin Refresh
- SEOs Eagerly Waiting A Penguin Refresh
- Structured Data Dashboard On Google Webmaster Tools
- Google's Cutts Explains Untrusted Link Notifications
- Did Negative SEO Beat SEOmoz?
- Google SEO: Exact Match Domain Or Not?
- Annoy Your Friends On Facebook With Bing Facebook Tagging
- A Keyword Competitive Tool Based On Links & Anchors
- Google PageRank Update: August 2012
- Google Touts Their Olympics Results
- August 2012 Google Webmaster Report