I missed last week's recap, so I covered two weeks in this single recap. Also note, I am offline the next two Fridays, so I will not be producing a video recap for a couple weeks. That being said, this week I covered the Google Instant news, including my NBC appearance. Bing reached new heights, reaching the number two position above Yahoo, below Google as a search engine. Google made a small PageRank update. I released the Google webmaster report for September 2001. Google released new attributes for multi-lingual sites. I published eight new polls. Google's advertiser spend was revealed by a leaked internal Google memo. Google brings back the affiliate network. Twitter completely redesigned, it is neat. Bing is revamping their webmaster communications, I believe. I am accepting speaker pitches for SphinnCon Israel now. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Instant: Predictions Were Right
- Google Logo Colors Letters As You Type
- Google Balls Logo
- What Is Missing In Google Instant Search?
- Google To Fix Lesbians & Explains Why Instant Results Are Omitted
- Bing Now #2 Search Engine, They Didn't Even Have To Take Over Yahoo
- Some Reports of September 2010 Google PageRank Update
- September 2010 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Offers Rel=Alternate Tag For Translated Templates
- 60% Read Link Exchange Emails & 40% Don't
- Billable SEO Time Survey Results
- Most SEOs Think Competitors Can Hurt Them With Links
- Over Linking: Many Say It Can Hurt Your SEO Efforts
- Only 20% Find Traffic an Important Factor in Link Building
- Most AdSense Publishers Happy With Google Revenue Share
- SEOs Tell Newspapers To Stay Out of SEO Business
- eBay Not Spending $26 Million Monthly With Google AdWords
- The Return Of The Google Affiliate Network
- Twitter Redesign 2010
- Bing Revamping Webmaster Communication?
- Accepting Speaker Pitches for SphinnCon Israel