Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Poll: How Has Google Instant Impacted Your AdWords Campaigns?
Google Instant launched over a week ago now and I wanted to reach out to our readers who run AdWords campaigns. As you know, Google Instant changes the way Google shows your AdWords ads. Google will count an impression on your ad if the user stops typing for three seconds, hits enter in the search box or clicks on a search result or ad. There are some folks at WebmasterWorld claiming their impressions for their
- Does Google Really Know If Your Links Are Paid?
People often argue if Google can really automate the process of detecting if a site has paid links or not. Now, some are easy to detect, and most link builders now go after encouraging people to link to their site because the site deserves it. But when is it too much and should you worry about Google catching on to gray area tactics? I wanted to share a thread I spotted in the Google Webmaster
- Google May Not Be Evil But There Are Evil Googlers
Gawker broke a story named Google Engineer Stalked Teens, Spied on Chats. I'll quote the beginning... David Barksdale, a 27-year-old former Google engineer, repeatedly took advantage of his position as a member of an elite technical group at the company to access users' accounts, violating the privacy of at least four minors during his employment, we've learned. Barksdale met the kids through a technology group in the Seattle area while working as a Site Reliability
- The Return Of The Google Affiliate Network
Two years after Google closes their affiliate network they have announced they are re-opening it. The concept is basic, you refer someone to a site, they buy something on the site, you may a percent of the sale. You are only paid when you refer a sale or a desired action. To sign up for it: Sign up for a Google Affiliate Network account with your AdSense Publisher ID. As soon as you're approved for
- Google Doesn't Pay Forum "Top Contributors"
I spotted an unusual thread at the Google Webmaster Help forums. The thread had an individual ask how he can a job as a "top contributor" in the Google Forums. Top contributors are those who spend a nice amount of time helping others in the Google support forums. It can range from the webmaster forum, web search forum, AdSense forum, Chrome forum and so on. Anyone who spends a lot of time helping webmasters and
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Developer Release Of Diaspora, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Independence Day Mexiko, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Getting Calls from Someone Saying they're a Google Employee - how can I verify?, Google Maps Help
- Google Keyword tool - Showing very inaccurate data, WebmasterWorld
- Schmidt: Facebook Should Open Up Its Data To Google, WebmasterWorld
- Need a SEO workaround for a AJAX product matrix, WebmasterWorld