Here is a quick video I made:
Tons and tons of coverage on the announcement. Key things for webmasters, SEOs and advertisers?
(1) SEO is not dead despite what some people say. Google is still showing search results, SEOs will work with that.
(2) Paying for AdWords has changed a bit, make sure to monitor your search volume and ad spend this week. When someone searches using Google Instant, ad impressions are counted in these situations:
- The user begins to type a query on Google and clicks anywhere on the page (a search result, an ad, a spell correction, a related search).
- The user chooses a particular query by clicking the Search button, pressing Enter, or selecting one of the predicted queries.
- The user stops typing, and the results are displayed for a minimum of three seconds.
(3) Hate it? There are already dozens of threads out there in the Google Web Search Help forum with complaints. You can turn it off by clicking on "Settings" and then "Search Settings." Then go to the bottom of that page and turn on "Instant Search."
Personally, I like it.
Forum discussion at, um, everywhere.