The 33rd edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. After taking a week off because of the Search Marketing Expo conference - we came back to discuss many topics. We covered the SMX conference and Search Engine Watch turning ten. We also looked at the new Ask.com interface, the Google and Yahoo updates and the recent privacy concerns over Google. We discussed many other topics. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
Please let me know if you would like us to do this show daily, in shorter intervals. Let's say 20 minutes, four days per week. And if so, what time is best for you (EST time).
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Coverage for First Search Marketing Expo Conference
- Search Engine Watch Turns Ten Years Old
- Ask.com Relaunches in 3D with Ask X Interface
- June Google Update?
- Yahoo! Search Update Underway - June 2007
- Privacy International Slams Google Over Privacy Practices
- New York Times on Google "Tweaking Its Search Engine"
- Mapping Maps: Google Street View, Microsoft Expands 3D Views, & MapQuest Adds API
- Google Maps: Invading Your Privacy? (Not Anymore!)
- Yahoo's New Quality Based Pricing Looks at Conversion Rates
- Concerns Over Yahoo!'s New Quality Based Pricing
- Yahoo Addresses Concerns Over New Search Ad Pricing Model
- Google Updates AdWords Landing Page Quality Score
- Panama Launches in Europe for Yahoo! Search Marketing Advertisers
- A Look at Google Gears Working with Google Reader
- Google to Restructure Webmaster Tools Help Center
- Google Webmaster Guidelines Updated
- Google Allows Some Cases of Hiding Text with CSS
- Exclusivity Rumors Between SES, SMX and WebmasterWorld Are True
- Ask.com Still Indexing Old Pages That Were 301 Redirected Years Ago
- Google Tests "Ad Text Ideas" AdWords Tool
- What is the Most Important Element in Your Google AdWords Campaign?
- Does Google Pay Per Click Influence Organic Search Results?
- Google No Longer To Accept Gambling For Fun Ads in AdWords
- Yahoo! Bolding Domain Names in Sponsored Results (Search Ads)
- Congrats to FeedBurner on Google Acquisition
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Adds PayPal Payment Option
- Google Checkout Goes Mobile
- Google AdSense Now Allows 3 Link Units Per Page
- Calacanis Launches Human Edited Search Engine, Mahalo
- Jason Calacanis Solicits Assistance for Mahalo.com
- Google Site Command Specific to UK Results Broken?
- StumbleUpon Acquired by eBay
- Google Reader Outage Impacts Half of Their Users
- Getting Access to Gmail Accounts of the Deceased
- Yahoo! Slurp Now Located at crawl.yahoo.net
- When Buying Links, PageRank is Not the Final Answer
- Google Calendar Feature Focuses on User Experience
- Search Engine Land Hiding Text & Spamming Search Engines, Said Sullivan
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Tune in next week.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.