This week at the Search Engine Roundtable we question why hasn’t Google updated the Penguin algorithm after ten months of waiting? Google’s Pigeon update was pretty major but it looks like they did an update to it last night. Google may have also updated their organic web results. Google Sandbox 2.0 has hit the mainstream SEO forums now. Google said moving a site would have no long term impact. Bing improved their malware detection and reporting. Bing Ads revamps and updates interfaces. Google AdWords product listing ads get product ratings. Google My Business listings can be auto-verified via Google Webmaster Tools. AdRoll generated a ton of invalid traffic for advertisers. Google Analytics added a bot filtering setting. Google quick answers are scary for webmasters but their new bracha/blessing answers are neat. Google’s knowledge graph is testing a timeline view. Google also added a search filter to search private content. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Would Google Release A Penguin Update In The Summer? It's Been 10 Months!
- Google Pigeon Update: Was It A Major Update?
- Google Pigeon Update: Local Results Updated Again
- Was There A Google Update Yesterday?
- Mainstream SEOs Now Talking About Google Sandbox 2.0
- Google: Moving A Site Has No Long Term Negative Impact
- Bing Takes Malware More Seriously With Bing Site Safety Reporting
- Bing Ads: New Interface & Features Announced
- Google AdWords Product Listing Ads Gets Product Ratings
- Automatic Google My Business Listing Verification Via Google Webmaster Tools
- Tisk, Tisk, Tisk: AdRoll Generated Tons Of Invalid Traffic
- Google Analytics Setting For Bot Filtering
- Google: Where Are The Search Results?
- Google Quick Answers For Jewish Food Blessings (Brachas)
- Google Timeline Knowledge Graph
- Google Search Tool To Filter Private Content