Bing announced they are launching a new malware and safety tool within the search results to better warn and communicate to both searchers and webmasters about safety issues with the listings.
Bing said they launched the Bing Site Safety Page, "a portal allowing all Bing customers to understand why their favorite site is being flagged, how long the warning has been there, and when the last scan took place." New features added to it include:
- The total number of URLs detected as malicious on the site
- The types of malware found
- The last date of suspicious activity
- When the site was last scanned
- Warning trigger rate/ coverage
Here is a screen shot:
Keeping searchers safe is important, so this is a nice step forward for Bing!
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.