This week in search, we covered how Google has penalized another guest blog network, this one named PostJoint. Google may be doing some sort of update, but we do not have confirmation. Schema.org announced a new markup named Actions. Google Knowledge Graph is now sourcing content from spammy sites? Google Keyword Planner tool has nine new rocking features. Google AdWords is introducing new features across apps, conversions and the console. We tested the not provided Google AdWords details and it works. Google is dropping Zagat User reviews. Google shows full reviews now in the local knowledge graph. Google Street Views may now show you the history of the street view. Most search marketers want Yahoo to return to search. SEOs have mixed feelings on Google’s Knowledge Graph. Most SEOs don’t feel it is right to attack Matt Cutts. Ever wonder how you’d react if Google dropped links from their algorithm? Finally, Vic Gundotra is leaving Google, it is a big loss for Google. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Penalizes PostJoint Over Guest Blog Links
- A Google Update Brewing?
- Schema.org Actions: What Is It?
- Google's Knowledge Graph Seeks Answers From Parked Domains?
- Google Keyword Planner Tool Gets New Features
- Google AdWords App Marketing, Estimated Total Conversions & More
- Confirmed: Google AdWords Query Not Passing In Referer String
- Google Dropping Reviews From A Zagat User
- Full Reviews In Google Knowledge Graph
- Look Back At Older Google Maps Street Views Images
- 75% Of SEOs Want Yahoo To Return To Search
- SEOs Mixed On Fearing Google's Knowledge Graph
- 62% Say Attacking Google's Matt Cutts Is Wrong
- How SEOs Would React To Google Dropping Links As A Ranking Factor
- What Is Up Next For Vic Gundotra After Google?