Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Ranks Site: Results In Order Of Some Importance
Matt Cutts of Google posted a video on YouTube named How are site: results ranked? It answers a question many SEOs have wondered about for a while. When you do a site:www.domain...
- How To Train Your Link Building Team
A WebmasterWorld thread has nice discussion on the topic of how to train a link building team or link builder. The thread doesn't get good until the content after the 2011...
- Google Plans to Add Thousands of New Jobs in 2011
Google wants your brain! They have indicated that 2011 will be one of the biggest hiring years in the company history since 2007.
- Google's Thoughts On Link Building Through Comment Spamming
I found an interesting thread at Google Webmaster Help which talks about the nofollow and link building through comment spamming. One thing you do not want to do is ask Google if it is okay to drop comments on blogs with the sole intent of building links. But people do crazy and wild things in official Google forums.
- Gambling Related Keywords Offering No Suggestions In Keyword Tool
Reported at WebmasterWorld, it appears that the Google keyword tool is blocking displaying suggested keywords for some gambling related terms. For example, if you try plugging in [casino] into the tool...
- Dating With Google Voice
Google Voice porting launched yesterday and we got singles looking for dates with it already. Guy holding a sign saying, "I'm single, my Google voice # XXX". Not sure how real this is.
- Australia Day Google Logo
January 26th is Australia Day and Google has a special and colorful Google logo for the day on Google.com.au.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 4 Link Building Phenomena Dissected by 3 Phenomenal Link Builders, Sphinn
- Doodle Australia Day, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- How I Uncovered Criminal Activity During an SEO Audit, Sphinn
- SEO for Corporate Blogs: Where to Use Keywords, Sphinn
- Sick and Tired Of Pop-Up When Logging In!, WebmasterWorld
- How To Build Agile SEO Tools Using Google Spreadsheets, Sphinn
- I miss the old AdSense Targeting, WebmasterWorld
- THREE Google Penalties - Does redemption exist in Google's eyes? Is recovery ever possible?, Google Webmaster Help
- why did google tasks in igoogle stop sorting by date?, Google Web Search Help
- Yandex Keeps On Beating Google In Russia, Sphinn