The 35th edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. Ben is back with us, to get things back on track with our new 30 minute show format. We covered the SES show and our indepth coverage. We also discussed the Yahoo Search and Slurp updates. Microsoft is releasing a webmaster portal in late fall. We shared our opinions on Google's new top promotion forumla. Google began cashing in our YouTube, with ad overlays. And we chatted about the heated article on in-house SEMs. We discussed many other topics. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- SES San Jose Coverage Wrap Up
- Yahoo Search Update Underway - New Slurp Crawl Patterns
- Webmasters Not Happy with Yahoo's New Crawl Behavior
- Microsoft Promises Webmasters a Live Search Portal
- First Feedback on Google AdWords Top Ad Placement Formula
- Google Wants to Cash in on YouTube with Overlay Ads
- Is In-House SEM Ineffective? Forum Members Don't Think So
- Ranking Well But Not Too Well in Search Engines
- American Airlines Sues Google Over Keyword Advertisements
- Shoemoney Gets Extorted by DMOZ Editor
- Google Makes "Allowed Sites" AdSense Feature Available To All
- Do Google AdWords on Parked Pages Convert for You?
- Microsoft adCenter Takes Step Back on Trademark Disputes
- Microsoft ContentAds Launch for All U.S. Advertisers
- A Look at Microsoft's Tafiti, a Silverlight Powered Search Engine
- Google Makes it Easier to Embed Maps on Websites
- New Version of Bloglines Launched with AJAX Interface
- JohnMu is Google's Next Webmaster Trends Analyst
- Cre8asite Forums Is Now 5 Years Old
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Tune in next week.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.