The twenty-ninth edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. This show we had a special guest come on 15 minutes in, because Ben was unable to be on this show. Todd Malicoat aka Stuntdubl joined us to give us some really great tips on obtaining .edu links. Outside of that we talked about the Microsoft and Yahoo possible merger. Yahoo's new robots-nocontent tag and Matt's rebuttal of the so called "Google Hell." We also talked about AdSense topics, Microsoft adCenter topics, AdWords and more topics. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Microsoft and Yahoo in Discussions for Merger
- Yahoo! Supports Robots-Nocontent: Enabling Organic Search Page Section Targeting
- Being "Condemned to Google Hell" and Matt's Rebuttal
- How Do You Obtain Links from .edu Sites? (Guest: Todd Malicoat from stuntdubl.com who mentioned his thoughts on link buying.)
- Google AdSense Team Addresses Ad Placement
- 65% of Google AdSense Publishers Earn $100 or More Per Month
- Microsoft Changes adCenter Terms & Conditions to Boost Distribution of Content Ads
- Google AdWords Ad Missing Title in Sponsored Results
- Twitter Tangent
- Yahoo To Stop Updating Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool
- Are Directories Useful for Search Engine Optimization? Which are Ideal?
- The Return of the Grey PageRank Score in the Google Toolbar?
- YouTube to Offer Revenue Sharing with Popular Content Producers
- Google AdWords Advertiser Interface Slows To Halt
- Google Testing Blog Search Results In Google.com
- Google News Adds New Sorting Option
- Microsoft Using Intellitxt To Promote Live.com Search
- When is the Optimal Time to Implement a 301 Redirect?
- Google Hell? The Efficiency of Link Exchanges
- Google Reader Improves Email Feature
- Are XML Sitemaps Files a Welcoming Door in for Scrapers?
- Google Product Search Results in Google: An Oversight
- Impact of Changing Registrar Data on Search Rankings
- Are You Using Google Web History?
- Yahoo! Integrates Lyrics Search into Results
- Interview with Google's Adam Lasnik on Paid Links, Duplicate Content, and Other Topics
- Google AdSense Optimization Reports Offer Repetitive Tips
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
We should be having a show this Tuesday night at 5pm (EST) on WebmasterRadio.FM.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.