Google does indeed look at the other sites a webmaster or business owner operates when one of their sites gets a manual action - at least, some of the times they do. Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam, describes how he looked at the license number on the web site, address and other information outside of Google Webmaster Tools data.
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today...
A hot topic recently is when should you start fresh after a penalty and when should you try to recover. Google's John Mueller said it is "never a decision to make lightly" but there may be times where
Times of India reports Google may be fined up to $5 billion by the Competition Commission of India. The commission in India has filed an antitrust investigation and if found that Google has violated anti-competitive laws of the country, it can face hefty fines...
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web...
12-hours early, Google has posted the Women's Day 2014 Google Doodle for the annual March 8th International Women's Day. The logo is an animated video that takes you through some of the women "inspiring" women in history...
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: March 7, 2014 | Mar 7, 2014
- Google: Keep URL Length Shorter Than 2,000 Characters | Mar 7, 2014
- Google Updates The AdWords Express Stats Dashboard | Mar 7, 2014
- Local SEO Checklist | Mar 7, 2014
- Get Google Maps Lite, 3D Or Classic With These URLs | Mar 7, 2014
- Daily Search Forum Recap: March 6, 2014 | Mar 6, 2014
- Google AdWords API Upgrade Adds Shopping Campaigns, Search Funnel & More | Mar 6, 2014
- Google's Matt Cutts On Percolator, Dremel & Pregel | Mar 6, 2014