Today is our 8th anniversary of the Search Engine Roundtable, wish us a happy birthday! Google announced ten new search changes from fresher images to better long tail queries and more. Google also announced the new Google bar, to replace the black top bar. Google shared the evolution of their search engine in a six minute video. Some SEOs called Google dated, truth is, those SEOs are dated. Google updated their duplicate content policy document, claiming it is rare for scrapers to out rank the original source. HackerNews delisted themselves by accident, but Google fixed that over Thanksgiving. Google updated AdWords Editor. Google Maps for Android now works indoors. YouTube Analytics replaces Insights. Google had a logo for Mark Twain's 176th birthday. I also shared some detailed stats on the pass year's stories at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google: Fresher Images & Blog Results, Better Long Tail & Original Content Indexing
- Goodbye Black Google Bar, Welcome Google Drop Down Menu
- How To Get The New Google Bar
- Google Shares The Evolution Of Their Search Engine
- Is Google Dated Or Are SEOs Dated
- Google Boasts Scraper Detection In Revised Duplicate Content Policy
- HackerNews Accidentally Bans Google, Googlers Fix It Over Thanksgiving
- Google Updates AdWords Editor Update
- Indoor Version Of Google Maps
- Screen Shots Of YouTube Analytics
- Google's Mark Twain Logo
- 8 Years Covering The Search Industry