I am doing this video remotely, so I apologize for the appearances. That being said, there are some discussions around a Thanksgiving Google update but it may just be holiday traffic issues. Google Places for Business added a reviews section for business owners to manage reviews. Google told a webmaster that their manual action is just the start, they got major algorithm trust issues. Google explains the old 100 link rule and why it is not valid anymore. Google is poaching AdWords clients from agencies? Google AdSense launched a new mobile ad format for anchor ads. Heaven’s Gate is still spamming Google’s search results. Apple updated their app store search engine. Bing Webmaster Tools now has connected pages with stats. Google has their Hanukkah decorations live and we posted the Thanksgiving logos yesterday. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Did Google Update On Thanksgiving Or Traffic Down Due To Holiday?
- Google Places For Business Adds Reviews Section
- Google Tells Webmaster: You'll Have To Earn Our Trust Again
- Google's Matt Cutts: Why Google Use To Only Crawl 100 Links Per Page
- Google AdWords Poaching Clients Again?
- Mobile Anchor Google AdSense Ads
- Heaven's Gate Still Spamming Google Even After Mass Suicide
- Apple Updates App Store Search Engine To Handle Spelling Errors
- Bing Webmaster Tools Show Social Search Referral Data
- Happy Hanukkah: Check Out Google's Dreidel Decorations
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 - Here Are Logos From Google & Others