I was offline last week, so this recap includes two weeks of news. Google released a Panda update, version 2.5, last week and then made minor tweaks to it this week and ongoing in the future. Google AdWords landing pages factors now impact the quality score more. Google released a site health feature in Webmaster Tools that is buggy. Google Toolbar PageRank changed, so some third party tools may not work. There is an unofficial draw and search Google images feature. What does Google do with the images you upload to Google Image Search by Image? Google launched a trusted store feature with badges. Google is testing a new "circulars" ad format. Google, after two years, is retiring the old AdSense interface. Bing enhanced their business local center for maps. Google Maps added a new helicopter view. Google celebrated their 13th birthday. Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, passed away on Wednesday - very sad. SMX Israel has been announced, you can register online at searchmarketingexpo.com/israel. That was the past two weeks of search news at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda 2.5 Update
- Google: More Tweaks Coming To Panda 2.5 Update
- Google AdWords Quality Score Boosts Landing Page Factor
- Google Site Health Feature Not Feeling Well
- Google Toolbar PageRank Works But Not On 3rd Party Tools
- Unofficial: Search Google Images By Drawing
- Google Keeps Images You Upload To Google Search By Image
- Google Trusted Stores: Badges & Ratings
- Google's Latest Ad Format: Circulars
- Two Years Later, Google To Retire Old AdSense Interface
- Bing Enhanced Local Business Portal
- Helicopter View Added To Google Maps
- Happy 13th Birthday Google!
- Where's The Google Logo For Steve Jobs?
- SMX Israel 2012 Is Now Official: Register Now