Here is our weekly video recap, covering two weeks, but this time two changes. First, I am doing this in the conference room with the TV behind me, do you like it? Second, I scheduled it for Friday and created it on Wednesday, because I am offline. Google may have done some sort of update over the weekend, it appears it was related to them squashing Ghost Rank 2.0 and some other link networks. Google is now almost 100% not showing organic search referrers anymore. Bing showed off their new logo and interface, it is nice. Google, not to be outdone, is launching their new white top bar. Google said higher quality content might rank below more useful content. Google+ doesn't have a ranking boost according to a third party study. How many links can you discover? Google says you don't need to pay for link removals. Google AdWords lets you customize your conversion window. Google AdWords will also simulator your conversions. Google is changing their certification program soon. Google AdSense now supports HTTPS web sites. Google is changing their AdSense formats. Google is working on a new ad tracking cookie named AdID. Google Trends adds top charts. Now for some polls on what if SEOs don't get paid, do unlinked links count, do larger sites rank better and did you recover after the softer Panda update? Google is working on making people live longer with Calico. Finally, a special happy 15th birthday to Google today! That was the past two weeks in search news covered at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Search Update Over The Weekend?
- Google Crushes Ghost Rank 2.0, A Russian Link Network
- Google Not Provided 100% Of All Organic Search Queries
- Bing's New Logo & Search Features Preview
- Google White Bar & App Launcher Official, As Expected...
- Google: Higher Quality Content Not Necessarily More Useful Content
- Study: Google+ Has No Direct Ranking Benefit, Like Google's Cutts Said
- How Many Links Are Reported By Google & Third Party Tools
- Google: Don't Pay The Link Mobster For Link Removals, Just Disavow Them
- Google AdWords Conversion Window Customization Between 7 & 90 Days
- Google AdWords Bid Simulator Adds Estimated Conversions Predictions
- Google Certification Program Changes Coming
- Google AdSense Now Supported On HTTPS Web Sites
- Google's New AdSense Ad Format: Crisper, Dynamic & Grouped
- Google Working On New Ad Tracking Technique, AdID, But Why?
- Google Trends Top Charts
- What Happens When You Don't Pay Your SEO Company
- Poll Results: SEOs Don't Agree On If Unlinked URLs Help With Rankings
- Poll: Most SEOs Believe Google Ranks Large Web Sites Better
- Only 18% Claim Full Recovery From "Softer" Google Panda Update
- Calico: Google's Moonshot To Keep People Alive Longer, So They Can Click On More Ads
- Google's 15th Birthday Cupcakes & 15K Race