I ran through tons of topics in less than 10 minutes in this weeks search video recap. I covered the huge fluctuations going on this whole week in Google’s search results, covering why Google is taking so long to push out Penguin and why I think Penguin 3.0 may launch this afternoon. Google updated their webmaster guidelines, so I expect to see more manual actions in the near future. Google Webmaster Tools sends mass notifications about mobile pages being redirected to their home page, Google said you might be able to ignore them. Google updated the fetch as Google feature with colored syntax. Google says the change of address tool should be used. I migrated both RustyBrick and the Search Engine Roundtable to HTTPS and I am following it closely. Google HTTPS is run on a per URL basis, is in real time and not part of Panda. Google shows many SSL issues in search but says nothing to do with the HTTPS ranking signal change. Google FeedBurner doesn’t support HTTPS source URLs. SEOs are now selling SSL links and certificate companies using the ranking signal as promotion. Google AdSense forced the new dashboard on publishers. Bing Search now supports conversational search. Google thinks Neptune is Uranus. Google AdWords exact match disables close variant prevention. Google AdWords adds a shopping campaign upgrade tool. AdWords now has listen now ads. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Algorithm Update Around August 8th
- Google: Refreshing Penguin Is Not So Simple
- Is Google Launching Penguin 3 Today?
- Google Guidelines Update: Low Quality Guest Blogging Considered Content Spam
- Google Webmaster Tools Notifications For Faulty Mobile Redirects
- Google Webmaster Faulty Redirects Notices May Be Ignored
- Google Fetch As Google Adds Colored Syntax
- Google: The Change Of Address Tool Speed Things Up
- I Just Migrated This Google News Site To HTTPS
- Google HTTPS: Run On A Per URL Basis In Real Time & Not Part Of Panda
- Google SSL Issues: Who Is To Blame? Google Or Site Owner?
- Google's Feedburner Doesn't Like HTTPS Source URLs
- My HTTP To HTTPS Status Report For RustyBrick
- A New SEO Business: Selling SSL/HTTPS Links
- Security Certificate Companies Promoting Google's HTTPS Algorithm
- Google AdSense Publishers Forced To New Dashboard
- Bing Search Now Conversational
- Google Thinks Neptune Is Uranus
- Google AdWords Exact Match Now Matches On All Plurals, Misspellings, Etc.
- Google AdWords Shopping Campaigns Upgrade Tool
- Google AdWords Listen Now Ads