This week in search, Google launched a new ranking algorithm/signal, to give a small boost to sites using HTTPS. There are some issues, the change of address tool doesn’t work from HTTP to HTTPS, some are wrongly accusing the migration killed their rankings but Google News publishers can make the switch. Google won’t comment on Pigeon local search updates in the future. Google Webmaster Tools now shows carbon copies of your reconsideration requests. Google Webmaster Tools dropped author stats and didn’t say why. Google launched a Google News Publisher Center. Google is testing learn more about links in mobile. The UC Berkeley web site is having major issues with their Google indexing and rankings. MetaFilter’s Google rankings may have returned after a couple years. SEOs ask if their is a webmaster rank in Google. Google added a merchant shipping tool configuration tool. Google AdWords may change for invalid clicks when IP changes. Also, you must check out the monthly Google Webmaster report. That was this past week in search from the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Going HTTPS/SSL Will Now Give You A Ranking Benefit In Google
- Google Change Of Address Tool Does Not Support HTTPS Migration
- Google News Publishers Can Switch To HTTPS
- SEO Says: I Switched To HTTPS & My Google Rankings Dropped
- Google Gives No Comment On Pigeon Updates
- Google Webmaster Tools Messages Shows Your Reconsideration Request Submissions
- Google Webmaster Tools Drops Author Stats
- Google News Publisher Center: Webmaster Tools For News Sites
- Google Learn More About Links With Publisher Images
- UC Berkeley & Google Not Getting Along: Indexing & Ranking Issues
- MetaFilter's 20 Month Google Algorithmic Penalty Revoked?
- Google Webmaster/SEO Rank: Like Author Rank Or Site Authority
- Google Merchants Shipping Configuration Tool Updated
- Google AdWords Says You Can Be Charged For Invalid Clicks When...
- August 2014 Google Webmaster Report