This week in search, I covered a potential Google quality search algorithm update that happened earlier this week. RankBrain is cited as being used in virtually all searches now and impacts the search results “a lot,” according to Google. Hulu did something that killed their Google organic traffic for a couple weeks but all is good now. Google said product pricing is not an organic ranking factor. Google said hosting the same content on multiple child sites dilutes everything. Google said with authorship gone, it doesn’t mean they know who is the author of a piece of content. Google Maps is testing a video chat based verification method. Google keyword planner bugs caused a ton of confusion. Google has new partner badges. Google now may show images in the people also search for area. Google is testing larger font sizes for titles in the search results. Google India launched their english vs hindi toggle. Google is testing a speed test tool in the search results. eBay launched 8 million of their pages in AMP. Google does tons of code commits per day. Google+ celebrated it’s fifth anniversary this week. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Some Google Update Chatter : Potential Google Update
- RankBrain Used In All Google Searches & Impacts Search Results A Lot
- Hulu Google Traffic Drop & Return A Penalty Or Human Error?
- Google: Product Pricing Is Not A Ranking Factor
- Google: Hosting The Same Content For Multiple Clients On Different Sites Dilute Its Value
- Google: With Authorship Gone; It Doesn't Mean We Know Who Wrote An Article
- Google Maps Testing Video Verification For Businesses
- Google Keyword Planner Bug Confuses Access To Tool
- Interactive Google Partner Badges & Premier Google Partner Badge
- Google Image Thumbnails On People Also Search For Feature
- Google Tests Larger Font Sizes In Search Results & Expands Card Style Test
- Official: Google India English & Hindi Flip View Now Live
- Google Speed Test Tool In Search Results
- eBay Tries AMP: Google Encourages All Web Sites To Try Out AMP
- 25,000 Google Engineers Commit 16,000 Code Changes Per Day
- Google+ Celebrates 5th Birthday