It was a great week in the search community, lots of exciting stuff going on. Google came out with their official recommendation on mobile SEO, go with a responsive design. Google is working on a tool within Webmaster Tools to allow webmasters to disavow links. Bing Link Explorer was announced in the major Bing Webmaster Tools revamp, I am very happy. Google said that all the messages sent via Google Webmaster Tools about penalties are related to manual penalties. Google Penguin 1.1 update was not just a data refresh but also they tweaked the algorithm a bit. We have our June 2012 Google webmaster report and Google came out with their 39 search quality changes post last night. Danny Sullivan has an awesome rant about links that will be referenced back for the next 5+ years. If you want to upgrade early to the new Google+ Local pages, now you can.Google News deprecated the syndication tag a week or so ago. Google AdWords changed course on their AdWords rotation policy. Jim Boykin bought SEO Chat and the whole Developer Shed network, he also announced he hired Darrin Ward, the founder of SEO Chat. SMX Advanced was this past week and it seriously was an awesome conference. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Official: Google Recommends Responsive Design For Mobile SEO
- Google To Let Webmaster Report Bad Incoming Links
- Yahoo Site Explorer Returns As Bing Link Explorer
- Google: A Webmaster Tools Notification = Manual Action
- Penguin 1.1 Was More Than A Refresh Says Google Report
- June 2012 Google Webmaster Report
- Forget Link Building! It's About Link Earning
- Upgrade Early To The New Google+ Local Page
- Google News Deprecated Syndication Tags
- Google AdWords Now Allows You To Opt Out Of Ad Rotation Change
- Boykin Bought My First SEO Community: SEO Chat
- SMX Advanced 2012