Google came out with their monthly search updates posts and I decided to guess at which were Penguin related. Bing announced a huge redesign and functionality change to Bing Search, where social and Facebook are tied directly in. Google listed advice for Penguin sufferers but some of it is scary. SEOmoz might release a tool to show what is spam and what is not. Webmasters are suing webmasters over linking to each other, a negative SEO outcome. Are 20% of SEOs really not qualified as SEOs? Google Webmaster Tools added dashboards and new navigation. Google Analytics now shows who links to you. Google Maps has a new bulk listing management tool. Will Google name the next update Panther? A Google AdWords representative is a bit too happy about PageRank. Did Yahoo copy their logo from MAD magazine? Google had a neat logo for the person who discovered King Tut's tomb. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Announced 50+ Search Updates, Which Are Penguin Related?
- Bing Ties Facebook Into Search, Is It Too Much?
- Google: Can't Recover From Penguin? Start A New Site
- SEOmoz To Identify Search Spam: Automated Outing Or Helping Industry?
- Google The Cause Of Lawsuits Over Links To Web Sites
- The Sad State Of SEO Consultants Today
- Google Webmaster Tools Gets New Dashboards & Navigation
- Google Analytics Now Shows You Who's Linking To You
- New: Google Maps Bulk Listing Management Tool
- Google's Next Update To Be Named Panther?
- Google AdWords Manager Too Happy Over PageRank?
- Yahoo's Logo Copied From 1968 Edition Of MAD Magazine
- Google's King Tut Logo For Howard Carter Birthday