Interesting week in SEO. There is a lot of chatter around a possible Google update going on. Google is now sending out messages that say they do very targeted penalties. Google says when you buy a domain name, make sure it wasn't spamming. If you want my advice, don't ignore Google's notifications or manual advice. Google added a new attribute for hreflang to support multinational web sites. Google AdWords added more details to mobile bidding within enhanced campaigns. Google added non-profit data to the knowledge graph. Google EU now showing a cookie notification. If you die, Google let's you set what happens to your Google Account. Want to see Googlers fight like cats? Finally, it is the end of an era - I have no followed my links after ten years. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- A Google Update Brewing?
- Google's Targeted Penalty Webmaster Tools Notification
- Google: You Don't Want To Dig Yourself Out Of A Hole
- Tip: Don't Ignore Google Webmaster Tools Notifications
- Google, I Don't Want Your SEO Advice
- Google's New hreflang For Multilingual & Multinational Sites
- Google AdWords Enhanced Ad Group Mobile Bid Adjustments
- The Google Non-Profit Knowledge Graph
- Google 27 EU Locations Add Cookie Law Notice
- Configure The Death Of Your Google Account Before You Die
- Gossip: A Google Cat Fight On Hacker News
- I've Yielded To Google: My Paid Links Are NoFollow