Check out the start of a major snow storm, blizzard behind me as I share the SEO news this week. First I covered the monthly Google webmaster recap. I then discussed a possible bug in Google Webmaster Tools of link counts dropping significantly within the link reports. Google has replaced the "not selected" option with "removed" in Webmaster Tools advanced Index Status report. Google pushed out their first toolbar PageRank update for 2013 and Matt Cutts followed that up with a video on why Google still supports PageRank in the toolbar. Google launched Enhanced AdWords campaigns to make it easier to advertiser on smartphones and tablets, also to increase their revenues. Google explained three points on the disavow tool, including it won't damage others. Google may be testing a few new user interface options. Finally, Google added annotations to AdSense reporting. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- February 2013 Google Webmaster Report; Possible Update
- Fewer Links to Your Site In Google Webmaster Tools? You're Not Alone.
- Google's Link Report Drops All Home Page Links?
- Google Replaces "Not Selected" Within Google Webmaster Tools Index Status
- Google's First PageRank Update In 2013
- Cutts: Google Toolbar PageRank Will Continued To Be Supported
- Advertisers Say No To Google Enhanced AdWords Campaigns
- Google: Google's Disavow Tool Won't Damage Others
- Google Tests Bigger URLs, Cache Link Drop Down & Product Quantities In Search Results
- Google AdSense Annotations Overlays On Performance Reports