That time of the month again for the Google Webmaste Report where we summarize any recent findings by savvy SEOs and webmasters via the ongoing WebmasterWorld thread and recap the top changes and updates in the past 30 days or so.
First, it seems like there may be a small Google update happening. According to the WebmasterWorld thread, several webmasters over the past 24 hours have been seeing either traffic fluctuations that are positive and negative. Some say they have a lot more traffic from Google and some say a lot less. It is too early to tell right now, but I'll keep an eye out.
Also, there are complaints, as we reported, of links being dropped out via Webmaster Tools and a toolbar PageRank update.
Here are the top webmaster related Google stories over the past 30 days:
Confirmed Google Update:
- Updated: Stronger Reports Of A Google Update
- Google Shuffle Being Reports: A January 17th Reversal?
- That Update Google Denied; Seems Like A Brand Signal Update
- January 2013 Google Update Brewing?
- Webmasters Notice Decline In Google Image Search Traffic After Design Update
- Google Says New Image Search Interface Is Better For Webmasters
- Fewer Links to Your Site In Google Webmaster Tools? You're Not Alone.
- Google Webmaster Tools Message Preferences Bug
- You Can't Add Or Edit Your URL Parameters In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Updates Maps Review Spam Algorithms
- Google Places / Local Business Management Update
- Google Maps Displaying "Relocated" For Businesses That Move
- Phone Support Comes To Google Local For Business
- Google Tests Bigger URLs, Cache Link Drop Down & Product Quantities In Search Results
- Goodbye Black Top Bar; Welcome Gray Top Bar
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.