Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: February 8, 2013
Check out the start of a major snow storm, blizzard behind me as I share the SEO news this week. First I covered the monthly Google webmaster recap. I then discussed a possible bug in Google Webmaster Tools of link counts...
- Google Replaces "Not Selected" Within Google Webmaster Tools Index Status
If you login to your Google Webmaster Tools and go to the Index status report, then click on advanced, you will see Google removed the "not selected" option and replaced it with "blocked by robots." Not selected was a very intriguing option within the report.
- Does Google Update Their AdSense Algorithm?
Most webmasters and SEOs are obsessed with Google web search algorithm updates but very few talk about when Google updates their AdSense algorithms. A WebmasterWorld thread asks if there is such a thing as an AdSense Algorithm update. Personally...
- Australian Court Rules Google AdWords Not Liable For Advertiser Misleading Ads
Remember in August 2012, we reported that Google was liable in Australia for deceptive ads run by advertisers through Google AdWords...
- Google AdSense Annotations Overlays On Performance Reports
Google announced you can now add annotations (i.e. notes) to your AdSense performance charts. What this means is that you can document a site change or ad type change directly on the charts provided within Google AdSense...
- Google Helps Users Find Google Help With Help Document
Got that title? Google helps users find Google help with help documentation? Yea, Google built a help document on how users can get Google help, within their help documentation area.
- Google's Dan Russell & Bing's Duane Forrester On Searching For Research
Dan Russell from Google posted a picture on Google+ of the signage outside the room he and Bing's Duane Forrester spoke in for over two hours. The topic was using Google and Bing for research and as
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Microsoft Takes a Swing at Google's Gmail Advertising, WebmasterWorld
- Gateway Pages - Google Seems to Include These Again, WebmasterWorld
- More Hangouts love for different bandwidth environments …, Tim Blasi - Google+
- Yandex Just Passed Bing to Become 4th Largest Global Search Engine, WebmasterWorld