This past month, we did not have any official update but something made the Google results rumble in late August, we have over 250 comments with complaints in the post. I am waiting on official confirmation from Google if there was some sort of update or not.
Google's Matt Cutts also announced links within widgets must be nofollowed. Google moved the reconsideration requests feature into the new manual actions viewer. Plus, webmasters and SEOs are getting impatient with not seeing a PageRank update in over six months.
Otherwise, the ongoing WebmasterWorld thread is pretty quiet over the labor day weekend.
For last month's recap, see the August report. Here is the monthly recap as we saw it:
- Some Reports Of An August 21/22 Google Update
- Google: Links Within Widgets Must Be Nofollowed
- Google Webmaster Tools Shows Your Manual Spam Actions
- FYI: Google's Reconsideration Request Now In Manual Actions
- All Of Google's Manual Actions For Search Spam
- 6 Months Later, No Google Toolbar PageRank Update...
- Google's Matt Cutts Issues Subtle Warning To Ghost Networks
- Google In-Depth Articles Goes Live, Here Is How To Be Included
- Google: We Fight Spam All Around The World But English Spam Gets More Attention
- Webmasters Fear Linking Out After Google's Warnings
- Google's Matt Cutts Wants To Know Which Small Sites Should Rank Better
- Google On Why Links Within Webmaster Tools May Or May Not Be Enough
- Google: We Want Your Feedback On Search Policies. Really?
- Google's Matt Cutts: Page Speed Not More Important For Mobile Ranking
- Google's Matt Cutts: +1s Don't Improve Rankings
- Google: Short & Basic Reconsideration Requests Won't Do It.
- Google Wants To See You Really Mean It With Reconsideration Request
- Google's FAQ On Rel Author Says Not For Product Pages
- Google AdWords & Webmaster Tools Team Up With Paid & Organic Reporting
- Google Skip Redirects Adds Support For rel-alternate-media Annotations
- Maybe I'm Not That Ugly, My Face Is Back In Google
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.