Google announced yesterday that you can link your AdWords account to your Webmaster Tools account to obtain a combined paid and organic report.
The new paid & organic report allows you to see and compare your performance for a query when you have either an ad, an organic listing, or both appearing on the search results page.
Here is a screen shot of the report, click on it to enlarge:
Here are the definitions:
- Ad Clicks: The number of times someone clicked your ad when it showed for a particular query.
- Ad Impressions: How many times your ad has appeared on a search results page or website on the Google Network.
- Ad CTR: How often people who see your ad end up clicking it. CTR can be used to gauge how well your keywords and ads are performing.
- Ad Avg. CPC: The average amount you pay each time someone clicks your ad. Average CPC is determined by totaling the cost of all clicks and dividing it by the number of clicks.
- Ad Avg Position: Helps explain where your ads rank, on average, on the search results page.
- Organic Clicks: The number of times someone clicked your site's listing in the unpaid results for a particular query.
- Organic Queries: A web search. This column indicates the total number of searches that returned pages from your site over the given period.
- Organic Clicks/Query: The number of clicks you’ve received on your organic search listings divided by the total number searches that returned pages from your site.
- Organic Listings/query: A listing is when a page of your site is returned as a search result. This column indicates the average number of times a page from your site was listed per query.
- Organic Avg Position: Average position helps explain where your listings ranked compared to other listings.
Combined Ads and Organic Section
- Ads and Organic Clicks: This column represents the number of times a person clicked either: one of your ads or one of your organic search listings
- Ads and Organic Queries: A query is a web search. This column indicates the total number of searches that returned pages from your site in the organic search results or triggered one of your ads.
- Ads and Organic Clicks/Query: The number of clicks you’ve received on your ads or organic listings divided by the total number queries that either: returned a page from your site or triggered one of your ads
Forum discussion at Google+.