Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- December 2013 Google Webmaster Report
It was a pretty busy month for Google over the last 30 days or so. We had a few ranking changes going on at Google. All of them were unconfirmed by Google. We also had...
- Google's Matt Cutts: We Don't Like Content Stitching
Google's Matt Cutts posted a video yesterday explaining that "stitching content" is a bad idea. In short, stitching content is when you take snippets from various articles across the web and place it on a single page...
- Sorry Edmunds & Yahoo Autos: Google Added Cars To Knowledge Graph
Google announced yesterday on Google+ that they have added car/automobile results to the knowledge graph...
- Google Slips Up & Shows New AdWords Ad Format On Google+
We've been covering Google experimenting with a new AdWords ad format...
- Google AdSense Enables Performance Reports In Localized Currency
Google announced a new feature within the Google AdSense publisher console to allow publishers to see their performance reports in their own currency of choice...
- Santa Tracking Tools From Google & Microsoft Live
Both Google and Microsoft have launched their Santa tracking tools...
- Penguin Biking Captured On Google Maps Street View
Google Maps often shares fun and/or interesting street view images on their Google+ account. The one they shared yesterday was somewhat mocking SEOs, or maybe they are clueless, by showing a penguin
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Another site is full page framing our site: any Google damage?, WebmasterWorld
- When life gets busy, you rely on your calendar to keep…, Gmail - Google+
- 2014 to be a year that mobile search dominates. Havoc or harmony?, WebmasterWorld
- Accepting And Getting Help From The Google Consultants, Cre8asite Forums